Amica the Beautiful Model

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Stacey (certainly under the Models Prefer brand) did contribute to US Breast Cancer charities. On a visit earlier this year Stacey mentioned Amica having experimental treatment and I found that uncomfortable viewing but on the flip side, if Stacey hadn't mentioned Amica on air this visit many viewers would never know what was happening.

We're all commenting in that awkward limbo where we know she's not going to recover but she's still here and whilst we feel desperately sad for Amica's family I hope they find comfort in being able to still talk to her about their normal day to day stuff as well as saying their goodbyes. They may not know if she hears them but I'm sure she does.

That's beautiful. I have the biggest lump in my throat just reading that.

I couldn't help but notice that Kathy Tayler didn't respond to her at all about this. Seemed rather cold to me unless they've been told not to raise the issue on air? She should have at least acknowledged it.

I suspect the presenters are best not to get drawn into discussion of Amica's health. The cynic in me thinks it's because QVC thinks talk of death will dampen sales but in reality it's possibly out of respect for her family and friends. The move to a hospice is private time for Amica's family but I'd hope the will be some acknowledgement of Amica's contribution to the company for many years.

Such terribly sad news. I understand both points of view here (those that are shocked and disgusted that Amica was mentioned in conjunction with a product) and those who think it is good that news of Amica is not just being swept under the carpet. Given that none of us know the family's wishes, I base my comments on assuming that they've not expressed a view one way or or the other. On thinking this through, Stacey and Joy's relationship with Amica must run deeper than just mere business acquaintances - you would not go a visit a casual business acquaintance in a hospice, but you would go and visit a dear friend. To that end, talking about a friend is not a bad thing, wanting to mention their name (as much as is allowed by management on le Q) is perfectly natural, I think.

BTW, the best way that I've seen a commercial company handle this situation is Lakeland, when their Customer Services Director (who many of their customers had met) sadly also lost her battle with the dreaded C. It is possible to do this well, respectfully and with dignity.

Last edited:
Id rather concentrate on wishing Amica all the best and supporting her family at this awful time, than speculating on anything else.

Someone on the QVC Facebook page posted that there there were no updates about Amica until recently as her daughters were not aware of the seriousness of thier Mum's illness. Poor girls! :(

This is taken from Joy the Model's facebook page:

GOOD EVENING, PEEPS!!
A SMALL REQUEST FOR YOU ALL TO SAY A LITTLE PRAYER TONIGHT FOR A DEAR FRIEND WHO IS ABOUT TO EMBARK ON A NEW JOURNEY...SHE IS AN ANGEL AMONGST US ...HER LIFE IS TRULY NOW IN HIS HANDS ♥ X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIPMllUV12o

Have your tissues at the ready. x

Last edited:
Wwith all due respect Dibs, I don't think you can mention Lakeland and Q in the same breath. I read about their director dying of cancer in their catalogue I think, and it was warm and heartfelt. Lakeland is a family business run by people who care. not saying anything more.

I remember reading an email from Lakeland about the lady who died and it was beautifully written...I've never witnessed any level of thoughtfulness from QVC so I know exactly what you mean Ruthmay.

The bit about her daughters not knowing the gravity of their mum's illness really brings it into sharp focus for me. Thanks for the update goddess.

I couldn't help but notice that Kathy Tayler didn't respond to her at all about this. Seemed rather cold to me unless they've been told not to raise the issue on air? She should have at least acknowledged it.

I'm not surprised, I've noticed many times that KT has no interest in other people. It's not that she's self obsessed but she seems near oblivious to other people.

My mate has 3 teenagers on the Autistic Spectrum and it's amazing how many people could be somewhere on the spectrum...we give each other knowing nods when we're out and about or watching telly. OK so not as life limited as her three and I would never belittle the dreadful condition but it's amazing how little strategies can equip some otherwise limited people to live and do well in the world.*

*I'm not in any way qualified to diagnose ASD nor am I saying KT is on the spectrum.

I'm not surprised, I've noticed many times that KT has no interest in other people. It's not that she's self obsessed but she seems near oblivious to other people.

I think that's a bit harsh! KT was very supportive of Ali Keenan when she was going through her treatment, I remember reading something on AK's blog about it. We don't know much about the presenters friendships and it's not up to us to make assumptions like this.

I think that's a bit harsh! KT was very supportive of Ali Keenan when she was going through her treatment, I remember reading something on AK's blog about it. We don't know much about the presenters friendships and it's not up to us to make assumptions like this.

I wasn't being critical. KT knew Ali K long before QVC and they are pals. When the whole planet was being treated to the drama of CH breaking up with her boyfriend the whole thing had passed KT by and she waffled on at length about Catherine's Welsh partner. It was the time of the calendar and was top grade car crash tv.

This is a thread for Amica not anything else, We are posting on here wishing Amica all the best and supporting her family and friends, if u have anything else to say I suggest u post it elsewhere its very disrespectful to Amica and her family and if u don't agree with my post pm don't reply on here.

No disrespect to Amica and family intended. Threads often meander off topic but it doesn't really bother me and they often circle back to the original topic.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Amica.....put your faith in God Amica and think of all the good things in your life, surround yourself with the ones you love and those who love you .Ask for pain relief when you need it and rest as much as possible....you are with people who are special, people who chose a dedicated job in caring for those who need it.....if you have the strength to fight the illness, do so, with all your might......if you don't, be comfortable ,always have hope, never give up hope..miracles do happen. I always think of you as a lovely person with a angelic smile, am sending you lots of love.

Don't know what to say. So sorry. I've lost people to cancer and nothing makes it any better. Hugs and prayers to the family. xx

Latest posts

Back