Amanda Lamb Travel TSV on 12/05

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blimey, you could all take part in Mastermind, with "The Life and Works of Amanda Lamb" as your speciality subject !

How lucky to be in the position to set up a new "career" that fits in so well with being a new stay-at-home mum.:33:

I loved her when she was doing A Place In The Sun - literally "simply" beautiful.

I could scratch 'er eyes out :16:

clemenzina

There are only five items in her range, as far as my search shows. How is this going to fill a whole hour? And they all look the same....a challenge for Charlie, methinks!

There are only five items in her range, as far as my search shows. How is this going to fill a whole hour? And they all look the same....a challenge for Charlie, methinks!

not........if....talks......speaks.......and....informs.....slowly.....enough.....zzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....z....z..

Maybe Charlie could do one of his 'slow reveals' on a suitcase before showing what the inside looks like? If it's got a fairly long zip, could probably stretch that out to about 5 mins. per bag? lol

Looks cheap & nasty - wouldn't be seen dead with any of it. :11: She really needs to do her homework with regard to what toiletries are allowed in the cabin - she said you could take what you like so long as individual bottle do not exceed 100ml. You can actually only take a maximum of 1000ml and they all have to fit in a very small clear plastic bag. :10:

I think it looks cheap too - what a shame.

The style and the colours look cheap, and though they will stand out, style wise I think they are dated.

The red is too bright, the black is too boring.

What a shame, I think she's a lovely lass.

Final peeve is that it's an Amanda Lamb range designed with QVC. So effectively it's QVC with Amanda Lamb endorsing it, on the back of the TV show.

I know she 'designed' it - but it all through QVC - somehow it's not quite the same?

She also reckons that if you go for the red it will be unloaded from the plane first as baggage handlers are drawn to bright colours! :34:

She also reckons that if you go for the red it will be unloaded from the plane first as baggage handlers are drawn to bright colours! :34:

LOL,this may be a load of codswollop but funnily enough I have bright red suitcases and travelled across the atlantic 3x last year and my bags always seem to come out within the first 5-10 minutes(touch wood)....even with all the Terminal 5 madness with BA last year......hmmmmmmmm???

Or could be that she's just talking out of her anus.:33:

Amanda Lamb also co-hosts (or used to at least) Market Kitchen. I think she's lovely - very personable, down-to-earth and bright.

As for the luggage, it looks quite well thought out and well made, but those colours!!! Yikes!! I wouldn't buy them for that reason alone, well made or not. Having said that, the little "Rolling Underseat" suitcase is quite cute - pity I can't afford to go anywhere lol!!

Wasted on me then as I've only just realised she's that chubby chops woman from the Scottish Widows adverts! :rolleyes:
I remember now when she took over, we thought 'Ugh, who the hell's that? Where's the lovely regal looking one gone?' lol
Shan't be buying her smelly travel bags on principle then.....ruining the SW ads! Pah! :28:

Crikey KWC!!! Give the poor woman a break!! She was pregnant for at least 12 months.

wow....how much?!! I am probably just being tight, but this seems pretty expensive especially as it does not have a track record or anything behind it...

Amanda Lamb seems a lovely lady, pity I can't say the same for her luggage. It looks very mundane . My flexi friend is very safe.

She really needs to do her homework with regard to what toiletries are allowed in the cabin - she said you could take what you like so long as individual bottle do not exceed 100ml. You can actually only take a maximum of 1000ml and they all have to fit in a very small clear plastic bag. :10:

I thought this too. Also, they showed Carry On Baggage Allowances (don't we call this hand luggage in Britain?!). Anyway, they said that Easyjet was 32kg - I don't think so, seeing as you're only allowed 20kg when you check it in. I should know, I had to pay excess baggage this year!! (They showed this during the Rolling Underseat Suitcase - on the video it's 5mins 36secs in).

They really should do some serious research into this otherwise people are going to buy it and think they can take as much liquid/weight into the plane as they like!

Amanda Lamb presumably travels first class everywhere otherwise surely she'd know all about this restrictions?

This is so ironic! I said I didn't like her in the SW ads & everyone thought 'Ooh, how mean, how mean....!', yet it appears I'm the only one who likes her bloomin' bags! :11:
I think they are stylish, practical, (can't tell if they're 'lightweight' from the tele obviously!) & 'fun'!
Mind you, I never go anywhere nowadays, so what do I know what's on 'on trend' & 'fashion forward' in the luggage world! lol

A "celebrity" endorses a product, and everyone rushes out in droves to buy it. Why? It does appear to be well manufactured, but to sell it at such a premium merely because a tv presenter "created" it, especially for QVC customers?:54:

Latest posts

Back