Am i thick or what ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowj63

Registered Shopper
Just watching diamonique day and confused as to why you would want stainless steel when silver is similar price just dont get it ????

hear, hear!!! for the same reason they sell copper and nickel (9ct) at extortionate prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't get it either Rainbow - maybe we're just not very 'on trend' & 'fashion forward', eh? *goes to sit in the old-fashioned corner!* :6:

Just cant see it working as i like to keep my jewellery on all the time and it would taint surely or something. ???? Had a cheap bracelet from tunisia and it was steel and it left a grey mark on my wrist. Chavtastic or what ha ha

Completely agree Rainbow. QVC seems to be using cheaper and cheaper materials. When I first started watching qvc most diamonique was in gold, some in 18 ct gold and even platinum. Now it's all silver, veronese and steel. They seem to charge extortionate prices for silver diamonique, and surely stainless steel is a rip-off.

Bring back quality, that's what I say.

I know i would nt buy any of the cladded or plated stuff as i had a veronese ring awhile ago and the cladding wore off but i do love QVC silver but the prices are going up. Still an avid viewer tho.
It nice to have a moan tho

I can't really explain why I wouldn't want a piece of jewellery incorporating stainless steel, I guess my brain just doesn't register or accept it as a 'jewellery metal'? I also think it could be hard to wear, as it is a very 'cold' metal & could be difficult to co-ordinate with other things?
Nope, definitely not for me! *shrugs & looks defiant!* :D

I know i would nt buy any of the cladded or plated stuff as i had a veronese ring awhile ago and the cladding wore off but i do love QVC silver but the prices are going up. Still an avid viewer tho.
It nice to have a moan tho

I was one of those not so long ago that leapt on that 45cm 18ct gold plated 3 quid something snake chain & it looks OK actually & serves a purpose for putting odd little pendants on! I mean, come on, 3 quid! lol
Otherwise generally, I'm not keen on fake things, I can't help it, I just don't like them & could never see myself buying a statement piece of Veronese or something!

Agree kitten, you can't beat a good bit of fake, and I love QVC for a bit of a bargain. It's just that when all they offer is cheap fake (veronese) and silver and not the more expensive stuff, I end up not wanting to buy anything. Their obsession with silver is driving me away.

I agree Rainbow, I still like to watch though, and it's good to moan.

Agree kitten, you can't beat a good bit of fake, and I love QVC for a bit of a bargain. It's just that when all they offer is cheap fake (veronese) and silver and not the more expensive stuff, I end up not wanting to buy anything. Their obsession with silver is driving me away.

I agree Rainbow, I still like to watch though, and it's good to moan.

I can see your point of view, but then again I can also see the point of view of those who say things are too expensive!

rainbowj63 the benifit of stainless steel over sterling silver to me is it doesn't tarnish and it can pass for solid platinum. Also it will not have the eventual rubbing off of the platinum coating that epiphany has.

By ‘eck!!! QVC using stainless steel as a base metal. Excuse my ignorance, but I thought stainless steel was for pots and pans.:30: However,if its cheaper and doesn’t tarnish I can see it being a viable alternative.:33:

Either way QVC must really be feeling the credit crunch. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve resorted to, melting down left over cooks essentials pots and pans, to get their hands on some extra stainless steel.:32:CRIKEY!

Well, providing QVC are using a hi-grade SS, I think it's good value and looks stylish. It doesn't look silver or fake, it looks more unusual like platinum (which is what I'd expect from a good quality SS). The hi-grade SS is quite difficult and surprisingly costly to produce. Why not wear something a little bit different, especially as most of the hi-grade stuff cast is actually produced in this country.

Much as I love some of the Indian and Balinese styles, I'm a little bored with them and I also feel a bit guilty in buying stuff made by what is not many steps up from slave labour, has too many air miles for my liking and is profiteered upon by a lot of greedy people! I've bought a few pieces that I've checked are made here start to finish (although nothing from QVC yet) and have been very pleased. They don't tarnish or cause any reactions and slight scratches can easily be polished out.

I hope it's a successful range as I'd definitely like to see more of it.

Either way QVC must really be feeling the credit crunch. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve resorted to, melting down left over cooks essentials pots and pans, to get their hands on some extra stainless steel.:32:CRIKEY!

that's too cruel Jasper!! still, relishing the thought! lol :18:

For me, Stainless Steel is actually LESS allergenic than silver.

I am very allergic to jewellery, and have been known to come out in rashes to both silver AND gold (I know, I'm odd!) - even an 18k White Gold ring brings me out in Eczema.

The ONLY watches I can wear are Stainless Steel backed ones.:1:

I wouldn't mind "forking out" for stainless steel jewellery if I like the design. Could be quite practical, too, just sling it in the dishwasher to freshen it up :D

Sorry, I'm being flippant, what can I say - its late, I've got the week off work and I've had a glass or two of wine :24:

I wouldn't mind "forking out" for stainless steel jewellery if I like the design. Could be quite practical, too, just sling it in the dishwasher to freshen it up :D

Sorry, I'm being flippant, what can I say - its late, I've got the week off work and I've had a glass or two of wine :24:

Ha ha! I've just posted loads after a bottle of wine and a couple of voddies in the sunshine! Unfortunately, rather than being flippant, I get incoherent and end up posting way too much carp :54:

Latest posts

Back