Alpha H

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I only received it yesterday by RoyalSnailMail and used for the first time last night. The Balancing Moisturiser is emolient and light at the same time. It seems to go in the skin straight away but to the touch I can feel it kind of sitting on my skin.The mask gives me a slight burning feeling probably due to menthol in it. In the morning I inspected my skin in magnifying mirror but my pores were still blocked with sebum, so I didn't get an overnight result which is fine. I remember from Tom's presentation that the duo should hover up any gunk that is in the skin, over time. I'm also going to use the mask daily for seven days to kick start the process and see what happens.

I only received it yesterday by RoyalSnailMail and used for the first time last night. The Balancing Moisturiser is emolient and light at the same time. It seems to go in the skin straight away but to the touch I can feel it kind of sitting on my skin.The mask gives me a slight burning feeling probably due to menthol in it. In the morning I inspected my skin in magnifying mirror but my pores were still blocked with sebum, so I didn't get an overnight result which is fine. I remember from Tom's presentation that the duo should hover up any gunk that is in the skin, over time. I'm also going to use the mask daily for seven days to kick start the process and see what happens.

Ive decided to order it and as it would have been coming by RM ive chosen Next Day delivery.

Thanks to you lovely ladies I bought some Liquid Gold about 5 weeks ago and I'm already pleased with the results. I'm 60 next month so I don't see dramatic results but my make up goes on more easily and looks better, more even. I will carry on with it.

Any suggestions for what I should try next ? I'm running out of a day time moisturiser so maybe one of the range ?

Thanks

EM

Thanks to you lovely ladies I bought some Liquid Gold about 5 weeks ago and I'm already pleased with the results. I'm 60 next month so I don't see dramatic results but my make up goes on more easily and looks better, more even. I will carry on with it.

Any suggestions for what I should try next ? I'm running out of a day time moisturiser so maybe one of the range ?
Thanks

EM

As it's always recommended with any product containing glycolic acid (like LG) to use an SPF, and you want a daytime moisturiser:
Daily Essential Moisturiser SPF 30+. If you need something richer - Protection Plus Daily SPF 50+.

Whatever you do, and whichever brand you eventually settle on - do make sure you double cleanse in the evening so you don't end up with spots.

If you don't go with an SPF in your moisturiser, then make sure you're either using something beneath a moisturiser with SPF in it, or use a product with SPF on top (whether that is a foundation like BM Original or something else).

I would just add, you shouldn't go lower than SPF 30, and you should expect to reapply during the day to maintain protection.

Last edited:
I agree with May and also would suggest emailing Alpha H for advice. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and got a comprehensive advice on my skincare routine, Balancing Moisturiser and Pore Refining Mask being on my ‘prescription’ so I was very lucky that the duo has come up at the same time, and I had the rest of what I needed (except Essential Moisturiser, because I couldn’t find a good deal so far and absolutely refuse to pay full price for it at the moment).
ps: I'm thinking may be Liquid Laser Balm for night time EM?

Thanks

EM

i think you should stick to the liquid gold and slot it in a cleanser/moistuirise. as soon as you stop lg your skin will deline more

i think you should stick to the liquid gold and slot it in a cleanser/moistuirise. as soon as you stop lg your skin will deline more

While obviously I can't speak for Eric's Mum, my interpretation of what EM was asking for was something to add to LG in the routine, not to replace it.

Bet it won't be in my M&S, they sell Neals Yrad on line but not in my branch.

Thanks May, I'll have a look at both. I confess to being addicted to SPF having lost 2 friends to malignant melanoma so your comments are spot on.

I will indeed carry on with the LG, I was sceptical that it would make my skin tight & shiny as have glycolic products in the past but not a bit of it.

EM

Oh, that was quick! They posted on Facebook some time ago that they are reformulating the Micro Cleanse and changing the peeling particles. But they changed the product as a whole, didn't they?

Last edited:
Oh, that was quick! They posted on Facebook some time ago that they are reformulating the Micro Cleanse and changing the peeling particles. But they changed the product as a whole, didn't they?

I'm not too sure, they said that it's jojoba beads and then never mentioned the beads again. They normally announce a new product on facebook when it's launched but nothing this time, strange.

Aaarrrgghhh noooooo why must companies insist on reformulating great products? I hope it's just as good as the "old" microcleanse, I don't know where I'd be without it.

I was thinking the same Ellaaa and hope that they improved the formula, not destroyed it.
I'm wondering if this is likely that they may keep both versions?

I'm wondering if this is likely that they may keep both versions?

No. The Micro Cleanse was reformulated, and the beads were replaced by jojoba beans because of the ongoing discussion about the plastic in there (and in other products, see "Micro Plastic" / Polyethylene). Micro Plastic can be found in a lot of other products you wouldn't even think contain it, e.g. toothpaste, and has a huge impact on the environment in that it needs hundreds and hundreds of years to decompose and in the meantime, these little particles are in the oceans building giant "carpets" made of pure plastic....
So I very much doubt that there will be two versions of the Micro Cleanse in the future, instead, I think there will be other products reformulated that contain Micro Plastic (other cosmetic companies do that as well).

Thanks for this post Ani, I've made a move away from scrub products where possible and just buy those scrubby gloves (mind you they probably have their own carbon footprint/ environmental impact). There are scrubs that use particles that do dissolve so salt and sugar ones should be ok.

No. The Micro Cleanse was reformulated, and the beads were replaced by jojoba beans because of the ongoing discussion about the plastic in there (and in other products, see "Micro Plastic" / Polyethylene). Micro Plastic can be found in a lot of other products you wouldn't even think contain it, e.g. toothpaste, and has a huge impact on the environment in that it needs hundreds and hundreds of years to decompose and in the meantime, these little particles are in the oceans building giant "carpets" made of pure plastic....
So I very much doubt that there will be two versions of the Micro Cleanse in the future, instead, I think there will be other products reformulated that contain Micro Plastic (other cosmetic companies do that as well).

I’m not sure I like the sound of this, as the plastic particles are sphere shaped when any crushed beans would be scratchy I imagine (I’m thinking of St Ives Apricot scrub). The TSV with the Microcleance and SPF 50+ didn’t make the last drop as they couldn’t obtain the stock, I wasn’t too happy about it because I like the SPF 50+ and it was a great offer. I think that the SPF duo is currently £41+p&p.

Latest posts

Back