Alpha H TSV 15/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s a good value kit for new customers but not tempting for people who were buying all along. And why no spf?
I haven’t tried Instant Facial and love Triple action cleanser, but would rather have another item in place of LG. Okay, it’s a hero product, but they don’t push it as much on Italy and Australia.
I wonder if QVC UK push them for Liquid Gold. The Italian and Aussie TSVs feel far more varied. I would've loved a supersize SPF or a vitamin, for example.

The instant facial gets good reviews but I watched the q presentation and was confused - again. Tom was asked some good questions for a change but his answers were fudged I thought. Should we use it at night or in the morning? He says we should ideally use it in the morning. Should we follow with moisturiser/sunscreen? He says all we need is make up with sunscreen. Huh? So now we will be using 5% glycolic in the morning but the sunscreen in makeup will do. As far as I know, most makeup has quite weak sunscreen and it would need to be reapplied every couple hours so that just won't work. I thought a-h say we must use a dedicated high factor sunscreen.

I really like the brand and it has helped my skin enormously but as they bring out new products they shouldn't lose their integrity and passion. Not every product is for everyone and if you are using x you may not need y. It would be great if they could just keep it simple and honest.

The presentations for the Instant Facial have always been unclear about when and where to use it in your regime, and indeed what on earth it really does.

It's a bit sad for a TSV, Liz Earle, Flora Mare , Judith Williams and even Lulu have had recent TSVs jam packed with products not 3 measly items.

Wonder what the price will be ?
Hx

Yes it is, but all Alpha-H TSVs only had three items if I am not wrong. Someone has already mentioned the "better" TSVs from Italy and Australia on Facebook, but AH hasn't commented yet.
Price? Maybe between £30 and £35 I guess.

I don't get that Instant Facial is in a spray bottle and you spray it on a cotton pad basically use like LG.

I don't get the point at all, why would you use a glycolic product in the morning?

I don't get the point at all, why would you use a glycolic product in the morning?

Yes this is exactly what I've never understood too. I've heard it said that you can use it any time in the day as a 'refresh', but why on earth would you spray it over your moisturiser/spf/make up etc?

It feels completely pointless to me.

Concerning the refreshing: You can also fill your current toner in a small little spray bottle and carry that around, or you can use pure water or Avène's / La Roche-Posay's spraywater (great for summer!) - all options are much cheaper than one bottle of the Instant Facial.;-)

Huge thanks to Ani for posting the link to CJ's desert island beauty site... he's got pix of the Alpha-H TSV and Will's Q-cam with Tom Ogden. Choice of cleanser again, then liquid gold and the instant facial. I may go for this, as I want to try the instant facial, and the triple action cleanser... and I don't mind an extra stash of liquid gold.

You may here Ali Young name-checking CJ on some of her shows. Her northern fellow-feeling coming out, I think, as I know CJ is from the North East.

Great! Believe it or not, I didn't check on the Alpha-H TSV on that site. *blush*
The Q-Cam is also on Alpha-Hs's Facebook page.:)

I'm thinking of getting this because I love the balancing cleanser and I use the liquid gold x23 a week. Never tried the instant facial but from the video it sounds great with how quick it is, but I do like to feel like I've washed my face & I'm not sure this will. I wonder if I'll like the triple action cleanser.

Oh I didn't want to be tempted with this as have been so good with my Q purchases this year, but really like the triple action cleanser and fancy trying the instant facial stuff, I have been persisting with my use of LG but so far it does not seem to do much for my skin, must just be me:mysmilie_10:

Huge thanks to Ani for posting the link to CJ's desert island beauty site... he's got pix of the Alpha-H TSV and Will's Q-cam with Tom Ogden. Choice of cleanser again, then liquid gold and the instant facial. I may go for this, as I want to try the instant facial, and the triple action cleanser... and I don't mind an extra stash of liquid gold.

You may here Ali Young name-checking CJ on some of her shows. Her northern fellow-feeling coming out, I think, as I know CJ is from the North East.
I think we have to check the site more often for upcoming TSVs.;-)

it may just be me not remembering correctly
but it appears as if the Balancing Cleanser has been recommended by Michelle or Tom over time
for combination skin, troubled (acne prone skin), normal skin, all skin types and now the latest is dry/sensitive skins

pardon me, if i got this wrong,
and i know it not an exact science
but it also seems like it is being made up as they go along (or more like, have an extra product to position)

it may just be me not remembering correctly
but it appears as if the Balancing Cleanser has been recommended by Michelle or Tom over time
for combination skin, troubled (acne prone skin), normal skin, all skin types and now the latest is dry/sensitive skins

pardon me, if i got this wrong,
and i know it not an exact science
but it also seems like it is being made up as they go along (or more like, have an extra product to position)

Balancing Cleanser is their "safe pair of hands" and does suit most skins. In fact the only one which is for just a more oily skin is the Clear skin daily face wash.

Triple Action Cleanser is for normal, combi or problematic skin.

So there is nothing inconsistent about saying Balancing Cleanser is suitable for any skin that a customer tweets in about, I don't think.

Yeah, they've always said balancing cleanser does what it says on the tin, therefore works for pretty much any skin type to bring it back to as close to "normal skin" as possible.

Latest posts

Back