Alpha H TSV 15/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alpha H Laser...what am I missing?

I bought this set 210084 during the last visit but I'm wondering whether to return it.

I generally like oil or balm cleansers but I'm not keen on the texture of the Laser cleansing oil, the night time balm is just ok; and I quite like the laser concentrate, but not sure I'd re-order the full-size because I get more effect from Liquid Gold.

Is anyone else using the Laser range? I'm starting to feel as though the brand is creating products that I don't need. Trouble is I can't resist trying new products even when I know what works for me. I'm stocked up with my favourites from Alpha H so I hope I can resist the TSV!

I cancelled my order for the spf50 moisturiser so I hope it's in the TSV. If not I have some Ultrasun tinted face to use up.

I am umming and ahhing about whether to cancel mine too as people are saying the spf50 might be in the tsv. Can someone please post soon what's in the tsv!

I bought this set 210084 during the last visit but I'm wondering whether to return it.

I generally like oil or balm cleansers but I'm not keen on the texture of the Laser cleansing oil, the night time balm is just ok; and I quite like the laser concentrate, but not sure I'd re-order the full-size because I get more effect from Liquid Gold.

Is anyone else using the Laser range? I'm starting to feel as though the brand is creating products that I don't need. Trouble is I can't resist trying new products even when I know what works for me. I'm stocked up with my favourites from Alpha H so I hope I can resist the TSV!

i use the Liquid Laser concentrate, but only once in a while these days
i was interested in this range, as it seem to cater for my age (same age as Michelle)
and at the time, it worked better for me than other stuff
but now Niod has come along
and my interest in this range has waned
and i am taking it really easy on the glycolic anyway
Niod has worked really well for me
way more effective, well it just has a different outlook and approach
and working out cheaper as well, now that skin health has improved

notwithstanding my experience/opinion etc though
i think the only question in your mind should be
do i love this £xx amount worth (whatever you are paying for it)
and if you don't - return it !

This was a TSV in Italy yesterday and no LG either! They have realised we have plenty by now.
I think that we should expect a vitamin C and some kind of spf (face or hand) or may be both. But I may be wrong.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDvoyiUg_Qd/?taken-by=alphahitalia&hl=en

The TSV was E45.86 (£36.87) value E155.49 (£125)

1 x Protection Plus SPF50 (100ml), crema viso
1 x Protection Plus Hand Treatment Cream 50spf with Vitamin C (100ml), crema mani con protezione SPF50
1 x Vital C Serum (50ml), siero alla vitamina C

https://www.qvc.it/alpha-h-protection-plus-collection-crema-viso-mani-e-siero-3pz.html

This is a great price considering there was only 30ml of the hand cream in the sun kit and it was more than this. Does anyone understand Italian?? Do they deliver to the uk? I know qvc uk delivers to Italy.

This was a TSV in Italy yesterday and no LG either! They have realised we have plenty by now.
I think that we should expect a vitamin C and some kind of spf (face or hand) or may be both. But I may be wrong.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDvoyiUg_Qd/?taken-by=alphahitalia&hl=en

The TSV was E45.86 (£36.87) value E155.49 (£125)

1 x Protection Plus SPF50 (100ml), crema viso
1 x Protection Plus Hand Treatment Cream 50spf with Vitamin C (100ml), crema mani con protezione SPF50
1 x Vital C Serum (50ml), siero alla vitamina C

https://www.qvc.it/alpha-h-protection-plus-collection-crema-viso-mani-e-siero-3pz.html

Three cheers for QVC Italia - they have a link to the ingredients!! And they state the country of origin. Why is it only QVCUK that can't get its act together with its website?

I think you are very right!

I am tempted by the Judith Williams Vitamin C serum today, it seems such good value... But should I wait for the Alpha H tsv as that seems likely to contain a Vitamin C serum also?
I have not tried either serum in the past and would be grateful for any feedback especially on the Judith Williams one, never tried any of her range- thanks!

I haven’t tried JW Vit C serum, however, tried the range and didn’t like it, I thought it was just average, but I know that there are people on here who like the brand. And I had a bad reaction to her eye cream.

I think I will pass if it is the trio Italy had as a TSV as I have plenty of the products in other brands.

I do like that this is a TSV with completely different items in it from Alpha-H and I would have bought it, if I wasn't trying to cut down on my spending.

I tried the Liquid Laser range too & had much the same reaction as you did, basically underwhelmed! I'm trying Superdrug's B range, but it's okay - just okay! So I'll be returning to my AH regime when I've finished up with the B stuff. Before, I'd been alternating liquid radiance & the night repair serum/rejuvenating cream & that seemed to suit me well, but I'm not sure if the radiance was that much better than Liquid Gold... tbh & husband is not much help either!!

Yep it's going back. Just too expensive to "use up" without loving it.

exactly
unless it makes you jump out of bed in the morning
wanting to have look in the mirror at your improved skin
you, and all of us, are paying way to much at these prices
all in my humble ....
if it kicks serious booty, fair enough
otherwise, Superdrug or Aldi will do
and even Aldi will take back a 3 quid serum if you are not happy with it,
after trying it
as mentioned on here,
Superdrug does some ranges involving glycolic, overnight peels etc
i don't need anything at the mo
but did have a look last time i went
and a couple of ranges looked well worth investigating
going by the ingredients
some quite sophisticated serums and overnights at £15ish price points, but often on half price offer
and anyway, depends what you are hoping for, from your skincare

exactly
unless it makes you jump out of bed in the morning
wanting to have look in the mirror at your improved skin
you, and all of us, are paying way to much at these prices
all in my humble ....
if it kicks serious booty, fair enough
otherwise, Superdrug or Aldi will do
and even Aldi will take back a 3 quid serum if you are not happy with it,
after trying it
as mentioned on here,
Superdrug does some ranges involving glycolic, overnight peels etc
i don't need anything at the mo
but did have a look last time i went
and a couple of ranges looked well worth investigating
going by the ingredients
some quite sophisticated serums and overnights at £15ish price points, but often on half price offer
and anyway, depends what you are hoping for, from your skincare

Yeah I agree, I've stopped myself buying skincare in general that's more than £15 per item. There may be the tiniest bit of difference and some more expensive items do show a difference, but in general there isn't a vast amount of difference from £3 to £30+ skincare, it's just about selecting the right type for your skin type. I feel the effect is more of a placebo with expensive skincare.

I tried the Liquid Laser range too & had much the same reaction as you did, basically underwhelmed! I'm trying Superdrug's B range, but it's okay - just okay! So I'll be returning to my AH regime when I've finished up with the B stuff. Before, I'd been alternating liquid radiance & the night repair serum/rejuvenating cream & that seemed to suit me well, but I'm not sure if the radiance was that much better than Liquid Gold... tbh & husband is not much help either!!

just seen this after i posted below
i think the Liquid Radiance, if i remember correctly,
with Glycolic/Ferrulic acid (?)
i used that mainly to spot treat small areas of pigmentation
rather then all over
in case that helps

i think the night serum/rejuvenating combo at night kicks serious butt
but i, personally, would not use it regularly, as too harsh for me

One bottle looks suspiciously like a supersize Liquid Gold container, nooooooooooo moooooore Liquid Golddddddddd :headbang:

Latest posts

Back