Allergy patch testing contact dermatitis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LADY TIA

Registered Shopper
Hello

Due to my horrible skin issues (allergies, flare ups, eye problems, eczema, angioedema, urticaria and peri-oral dermatitis etc), after years of problems I'm finally having contact dermatitis investigation patch testing (I've had skin prick testing before which was handy too and confirmed some of my suspicions in relation to allergens such as cat, dog, guinea pig, rabbit, mould, timothy grass (can't recall the rest) etc) and I'm hoping this'll help me find some triggers for my skin issues that I haven't yet sussed/been diagnosed with.

It's horrible (I'm being a wimp really) I had the patches put on this morning they each have 10 little aluminium discs that stuff is put onto and I have them on my arms, stomach and all over my back - I've got 18 altogether so 180 substances being tested.

The main reason I'm asking is they seem to be coming off at the edges already and eughhh I can't shower until Friday evening (feel gross already) I can wash around them and I'm OK stomach down but anyone any tips or hints as I have to go to work etc. Oh an they wanted to put them on my thighs too and I said no way jose if they could avoid it!! :)

bump

Ooh, poor you. I've had no experience of this so can't say anything.
Hopefully someone in the know will come along

Latest posts

Back