All new price drop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And where have all the attractive women gone?! I used to tune in JUST to catch an eye full of Keri 'more' and Helen Mass-debates :(

All the assistants have been canned. They prefer to have 'guests' now.

Like Ideal World.

It's a simple formula:
Novelty Crap + a bit of sexiness + a bit of fun (either by the presenter or the method of selling) = sales

::blush: hello ,I am new here- loving the forum. Forgive my ignorance, but who is gollum, in relation to the presenters? After all, they are ALL (price)drop down gorgeous.

Hi gnb, welcome to the forum
We have nicknames for most of the presenters (usually unflattering to be fair!) but Gollum is the one and only Mike Mason!

Is there anything about price drop or bid, you lot actually like!!!

Even moving on to critisise paul evers.... is no one safe?

Well I've had this channel on in background all day whilst preparing my tax return and I haven't seen a single item that I want.

::blush: hello ,I am new here- loving the forum. Forgive my ignorance, but who is gollum, in relation to the presenters? After all, they are ALL (price)drop down gorgeous.

If you don't know who he is by name then maybe you will by his style of presentation, lets imagine he's selling a lambs wool coat

Now I've got a wool coat for you, now what do I mean by that....well wool comes from a lamb.......now what do I mean by a lamb....... well a lamb is a baby sheep.........speaking of babies my little boy would love this but I don't think the goddess would be too pleased if I don't get her 1 too

Is there anything about price drop or bid, you lot actually like!!!

Even moving on to critisise paul evers.... is no one safe?

It was difficult, something had to be done and with Bid I'd have to say that I prefer it now that they don't arse around forever with fake prices until they finally decide to tell us how much they actually want for something. Sadly the prices they've pitched are verging on the high side, so very few real bargains to be had. It would have been better had there been a significant improvement in the product range, but it's largely stayed the same and whilst P&P has changed slightly, they're still charging £7.99 upwards for the majority of products and as we all know that's way, way too high! Maybe things will get better, I certainly hope so!

All new Price Drop? Nothing to like at all! It's appalling, whoever thought of that crazy idea needs a kick up the back side and their P45 to boot!

The first thing I noticed on the webpage was the free phone call, and I thought "wow!, now that's better" - Until I realised WHY it had to be free, and that was because you've got more chance of being struck by lightning that actually getting the product you rang for!!!

Can't get it on Freeview any more...The tv I watch bid and price on isn't the main telly in our house and has freeview - However if things stay like this, then I wouldn't miss it anyway!
When I watched it on my computer for a while, I only saw one item being won, and it was a ghastly figurine selling for a lot higher than I've seen it go for in the past.

No bargains on the website either, they've all gone... I reckon they'd be better off ditching price drop all together, it's a disaster and plough some more revenue into getting some better products to sell on bid!

There's some awfully particular people in this house these days. It seems i'm a lone voice in providing the support and encouragement their efforts so richly deserve. I can't deny i'm perplexed by it all.

However, despite Elidh's strained and unconvincing hysterics I will concede that when you have an 'Our Price' of £6 for just 5 of those shitty Magnetic Contact Alarms and she screaming over the fact the price is £5.99 it might appear that the offer is, to be honest, shite.

The final price was £5.17 and it was a winner but how can they make money spending that much time on an item that even with p+p brings in just £65.80?

Far Mani is asking for trouble lately. He just said his 24ct gold plated bracelet is 'the highest level of gold plating money can buy'.

Actually Far there's a lot more to gold plating that just the carat of gold used. The number of Microns is very important too (of which there was no mention, whatsoever).

You have been warned Mister!

Not to be crude - but does anyone remember topless darts and the weather in Norwegian (I think it was Norwegian) on Live TV?

Not to be crude - but does anyone remember topless darts and the weather in Norwegian (I think it was Norwegian) on Live TV?

If you haven't read it, you should get a copy of Live TV - Tellybrats and Topless Darts by Chris Horrie and Adam Nathan - one of the funniest books about TV ever written !

There's some awfully particular people in this house these days. It seems i'm a lone voice in providing the support and encouragement their efforts so richly deserve. I can't deny i'm perplexed by it all.

However, despite Elidh's strained and unconvincing hysterics I will concede that when you have an 'Our Price' of £6 for just 5 of those shitty Magnetic Contact Alarms and she screaming over the fact the price is £5.99 it might appear that the offer is, to be honest, shite.

The final price was £5.17 and it was a winner but how can they make money spending that much time on an item that even with p+p brings in just £65.80?

I thought from a previous post they'd ditched the winner/loser format...so it's up and running again?

Far Mani is asking for trouble lately. He just said his 24ct gold plated bracelet is 'the highest level of gold plating money can buy'.

Actually Far there's a lot more to gold plating that just the carat of gold used. The number of Microns is very important too (of which there was no mention, whatsoever).

You have been warned Mister!

Dear me, I thought Far would be the last person to try to reinvent himself as a bad boy of Bid.

My word little Far Mani is becoming so creative these days. He has just described a 23cm old Tupton Vase as 'nearly a quarter of a metre in height', talk about making the most of a shitty little pot.

And what's this 'despatched in 2 days' crap they keep saying? Who cares about the despatch time, i'm more keen to know how long it will take to arrive which, according to their website, still says 2 weeks.

I thought from a previous post they'd ditched the winner/loser format...so it's up and running again?

Oh they still plod on with the stupid idea.

Elidh really is useless, she was selling a coat that simply wasn't shifting so they dropped the price right down to 1p. It was glaringly obvious it had bombed.

But she kept up the ludicrous act, inexplicably saying 'the suspension is mounting' and then....................

Better Luck Next Time :mysmilie_19:

Oh they still plod on with the stupid idea.

Elidh really is useless, she was selling a coat that simply wasn't shifting so they dropped the price right down to 1p. It was glaringly obvious it had bombed.

But she kept up the ludicrous act, inexplicably saying 'the suspension is mounting' and then....................

Better Luck Next Time :mysmilie_19:

I think they need to turn that statement around, as in add the words "for us" 'cause they way I see it, they only losers in this crazy debacle are them. So I missed out on a dubious quality coat that I thought I'd buy on a whim, hey never mind, a) I wasn't that bothered anyway b) I've saved myself the hassle of trying send it back if I don't like it and c) I think I'll check out M&S's sale instead I'll probably snap up a real bargain!

Like I said, it's suicide, they need to do something about this ridiculous format before it's too late!

Lisa just answered someone's question on here whether she's on medication, she said she wasn't!

Latest posts

Back