All new price drop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

well said!
I can't see Frumplestiltskin being comfortable with this format
Hmmm, I'm trying to think of an ageing, tacky presenter to fit the bill!

i posted this in the other price drop forum but me thinks this is where the action's at so i'll pose it in here as well :)

'i like that, i'm going to bid for it ... doh i missed out, ah well maybe i'll be lucky with the next thing i WANT TO BUY'
(5 mins later)
'i like that, i'm going to bid for it ... doh i missed out, ah well maybe i'll be lucky with the next thing i WANT TO BUY'
(5 mins later)
(5 mins later)
(5 mins later)

etc etc

Thanks for keeping us updated on all the sales or should I say Better luck next times I watched 30 mins from the start and was bored stiff but did dip in and out a bit during the day

Here is some more feedback people have left on Peter's Facebook page

please everybody give Peter a rest and complain on BID UP page I have just done this its not his fault that both channels are now utter rubbish Still love your perfume Peter

Liking this new Price drop with Justin , free phone call , bonus :)

its only free phone call to people on BT landline,,im on virgin so may have to pay,i had a message off them and they said they can only gaurentie people on BT to get phone call free, the reply this person got was...Aplogies - we've received further clarification to say that the existing wording is being used as we can only guarantee that it is free from a bt landline as some network providers do charge for 0800 numbers, so please check with your provider to confirm.
Regards, Bid Social Media

I will not but again until the ridiculousness of bidding and then being told you can't have the goods is removed. I am reporting this practice to the Trading Standards Commission anyway , as I belive PD cannot post prices on TV that the channel has no intention of selling at. Sorry to have to put this on your thread as you are not to blame , Peter ,but something needs to be said.

write this on bids fb,so they know

I don't bother writing anything on the bid site...from experience ,.they either simply take the comments off , or debar you from posting . They do not like critisism on their site, which is why we all post our moans to Peter , Sally and co , who activly ask for commets., and let you say them even if they personally disagree (or dare not say for fear of losing their jobs).

they can use this format as it's classed as an invitation to treat and not a binding offer until both parties agree i.e. you make the call and price drop says 'winner'.

...yes but you are not allowed to show prices lower than anyone can obtain...and this is what they are doing. To make this legal they have to show the reserve price IN ADVANCE.....you are correct that they can turn ONE person down under the invitation to tre rules , but showing a price that NOBODY can obtain is totally illegal (and nothing to do with invitation to treat).By allowing their falling prices to go below an unspecified reserve price they are law incomplient My parents and aunt/ Uncle are shopkeepers , i know this law very, very well.

In any case, it would probably benefit them if the 'auction' just closed once the reserve had been met instead of wasting time. 30 minutes without selling 1 item...it's worse than what speed auction achieved!

That would make it legal , Ben , i agree....both channels are now irritating customers and it is them who will lose out. Unfortunately , Peter and others jobs depend on a sucessful , liked channel.

In fact you are correct, I apologise, as under the same law, there needs to be an intention to make a deal and once the reserve has been reached, price drop are not willing to make a deal.

No need to apaoogise ...the law is complicated...there is your point, plus th fact they are advertising once the dropping price has fallen below the reserve , at a price they will not sell to anyone at. Totally illegal on both counts.

I feel sorry for the remaining hosts. They must be under so much pressure to sell just as we the buyers have to cringe watching them. This is not entertainment.!!!, I was drawn to sit up channels in the early days because of the fast format and witty hosts. That worked so well attracting more and more viewers when there was nothing else on the telly and other shopping channels were boring, The crowning glory was the diversity of the hosts humour and personality they tempted us to buy. Sit up Channels, Sit up and listen to you regular customers.

New price drop not good. I won't be bothering with it if I keep trying to buy something then end up with nothing. No phone charge good but p and p still a lot.

My god can't believe how much you and myself hate what they have done to a successful shopping channel come comady show .Sally and both peters are my favourite presenters , and could watch you all day , but sorry wont be shopping with you anymore x

I will also point out that I've not been selective here, So far I've posted every post on Peter's page and 1 has been positive about the free call

Some feedback on the pricedrop Facebook page

What ever have you done, people with out a landline still pay for the call, we will not be buying any more, because you cannot guarantee getting the item.

Oh well u lost me and a buyer

I usually try my best to be positive on the facebook page but honestly, what on earth were you thinking of with this new Price Drop? I mostly like the changes on Bid-TV but i'm afraid this is absolutely awful, you're a shopping channel not a roulette channel, free call or not. What a silly, silly idea.

So somebody thought this was a good idea did they? For anybody who is willing to pay £7.99 postage, take the time to make the phone call, and not to mention actually want the item being sold just to be told you can't have it is like a slap in the face. I'm not wasting my time and effort anymore, I'll go and buy what I want from a reputable shop where all customers are welcomed.

If you are a winner you can get a seriously good bargain!

I wish I could believe that Ramona, but over the years I have found on quite a few occasions, by the time you've paid for the p+p things can be cheaper in the shops. when this has happened I've been gutted and a bit angry. I really think that now is defo the time to call it a day.

Just a good old fashioned waste of time, can't be bothered - another customer lost!

One thing which has really puzzled me about price drop today has been several attempts to sell "fashion" items, with very little success.
What I saw was Caroline offering two pairs of shoes earlier on, both only in a size 6, while Justin this evening had two tops, one in a size 16 only and the other in a size 20/22 only. They had small quantities of each, somewhere between 6 and 12 or so, but surely these are extremely hard to sell in this format?
Poor Caroline was looking for 8 women who were in the market for green shoes in a size 6, plus they had to have survived the re-tuning fiasco in order to be able to watch, and also to feel ready to join in with this odd new format only a couple of hours into its launch. That would be an uphill struggle for any presenter, surely? I have felt really sorry for the presenters I've seen today, this just seems all wrong to me.

Dirty Peter's old catchphrase (and my username) seem very appropriate now for this new incarnation of Price Drop. The format reminds me of the 'price roulette' gimmick used on the short-lived successor to Auction World (can't remember the name). I remember poor Nigel (formerly of Avago Bingo and now Create and Craft) looking particularly bereft having to host that drivel.

One thing which has really puzzled me about price drop today has been several attempts to sell "fashion" items, with very little success.
What I saw was Caroline offering two pairs of shoes earlier on, both only in a size 6, while Justin this evening had two tops, one in a size 16 only and the other in a size 20/22 only. They had small quantities of each, somewhere between 6 and 12 or so, but surely these are extremely hard to sell in this format?
Poor Caroline was looking for 8 women who were in the market for green shoes in a size 6, plus they had to have survived the re-tuning fiasco in order to be able to watch, and also to feel ready to join in with this odd new format only a couple of hours into its launch. That would be an uphill struggle for any presenter, surely? I have felt really sorry for the presenters I've seen today, this just seems all wrong to me.

They have made things impossibly difficult for themselves, particularly with the fashion. Why start a relaunch with a load of old end-of-line oddments? Madness !

Caroline looked really uncomfortable with new format kept fiddling with her hair did actually feel sorry for her a bit

Caroline looked really uncomfortable with new format kept fiddling with her hair did actually feel sorry for her a bit

I can't work it out myself! Seems suicide to me. Been watching about half hour and swivel hips hasn't sold anything - "Better luck next time" - what's that all about?:mysmilie_13:

Wow, price roulette? That must have been bizarre, I think I missed that one :(

And youre right about the products, Goodluckifyageddit, what a load of odds and ends they've trailed out today.

The only decent thing I've seen was a branded Gund teddy bear with Caroline this morning - she kept saying she was going to sell him soon, but she kept clutching him and talking to him as if she needed his support! Eventually she sold him but I think she'd rather have kept her furry co presenter!

Dave i've been watching on and off all day and i'm still confused! It's ridiculous that you want something but can't have it i mean what logic is that?

I agree Loubylou. You've decided you want a product and have been bothered enough to ring up to tell them you want to buy it. Then they say Yah Boo Sucks, you can't have it, ha ha ha. Don't pay us, don't have the product, we refuse to sell it to you, despite our being a seller of something you want, and you having agreed to buy it. Thanks but no thanks.

MARK RYES!!!!!! it's not ok to say if you lose at least the phonecall is free you're missing the point people if they so choose should be able to actually get what they want

He famously prefers facebook to twitter but i'm really wanting to dm shylock and air my annoyance not that it's his fault just giving feedback like he always wants

Wow, price roulette? That must have been bizarre, I think I missed that one :(

And youre right about the products, Goodluckifyageddit, what a load of odds and ends they've trailed out today.

The only decent thing I've seen was a branded Gund teddy bear with Caroline this morning - she kept saying she was going to sell him soon, but she kept clutching him and talking to him as if she needed his support! Eventually she sold him but I think she'd rather have kept her furry co presenter!

I remember it now ! It was called Chase-It TV. Here's Nigel not having much luck trying to sell a model F1 racing car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av5N95PcSHs

Last edited:
You know your going to get a great deal, If you call me right now you get the bunnies but if 6 more people don't come in now you don't get the bunnies, what?

after all that seconds later better luck next time comes on the screen lol

That will always happen this time of night cos most people are in bed it's just completely and utterly ill thought out

Latest posts

Back