Alison Young Appreciation Thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
She may be a brat and quite possibly part bloodhound but Sazza is a fine mod.

So sorry I am only a junior member & obviously do not know my place.
I didn't realise you had to be popular before posting.
I shall seek guidance from popular people first before inflicting my opinion on others.

You should seek guidance about forum etiquette and save the sarcasm for the playground. My post was about everyone being able to comment and express their viewpoint on a public forum, and to leave the moderating to the moderator.

The point is folks that this is a forum...not an appreciation or 'anti' website. It is for information, discussion, opinion. And therefore no-one should really mind if opinions differ.

Many people read this forum and they will make up their own mind about presenters based on what they see and what they read.

The point is well made that some people have strong opinions about presenters that are not shared by others. However, if you want a place where no-one criticises or posts an alternative opinion then set up your own 'we-love-****'.co.uk website - otherwise, just as Yo (I think) said - expect people to comment positively and negatively.

Please don't take it personally - best way to respond, if you want to, is to articulate why you think the person is misguided in their opinion, with good examples where you have found the presenter to be at their best. Anyone's opinion is as good as anyone else - and we all have the power of persuasion.

I quite like Ali, some of her fans though... :thinking2:

.:confused2::confused2: Surely everyone is entitled to their opinions, If they are fans they should be able to say their piece as indeed you have done.

Last edited:
I thought Alison Young loked awesome rocking that black studded French Connection dress last night. I was soooooooo jelaous cos I just don't have the legs for dresses like that.

Somebody told me that she'd been spotted shopping in Debenhams in Guildford - but when she works in central london and is the meeja I would have thought she'd have had access to better resources than that! :D

The point is folks that this is a forum...not an appreciation or 'anti' website. It is for information, discussion, opinion. And therefore no-one should really mind if opinions differ.

Many people read this forum and they will make up their own mind about presenters based on what they see and what they read.

The point is well made that some people have strong opinions about presenters that are not shared by others. However, if you want a place where no-one criticises or posts an alternative opinion then set up your own 'we-love-****'.co.uk website - otherwise, just as Yo (I think) said - expect people to comment positively and negatively.

Please don't take it personally - best way to respond, if you want to, is to articulate why you think the person is misguided in their opinion, with good examples where you have found the presenter to be at their best. Anyone's opinion is as good as anyone else - and we all have the power of persuasion.

I quite agree but this thread is called "Alison Young Appreciation Thread"!

You should seek guidance about forum etiquette and save the sarcasm for the playground. My post was about everyone being able to comment and express their viewpoint on a public forum, and to leave the moderating to the moderator.
Contrary to popular belief sarcasm is not the lowest form of wit.
I seem to have caused a stir & must remember to ignore the school bullies.
After all I am also entitled to my opinion & did not intend to offend.

This is the reason that I left the drop it just seemed that some people could say or treat people as they wanted down there and unfortunatly "The click" or "the pack" from the drop has now overflowed onto the public part of the forum and the bullying has now started here if you don't share the same opinion. You know what I really dont care what anyone thinks of my post this bit of shoppingtelly.com is supposed to be where you can come and post questions about stuff before you buy not a place to come and rip each other to shreds because of opinions.

Contrary to popular belief sarcasm is not the lowest form of wit.
I seem to have caused a stir & must remember to ignore the school bullies.
After all I am also entitled to my opinion & did not intend to offend.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion but calling forum members "school bullies" is not very polite.

This is the reason that I left the drop it just seemed that some people could say or treat people as they wanted down there and unfortunatly "The click" or "the pack" from the drop has now overflowed onto the public part of the forum and the bullying has now started here if you don't share the same opinion. You know what I really dont care what anyone thinks of my post this bit of shoppingtelly.com is supposed to be where you can come and post questions about stuff before you buy not a place to come and rip each other to shreds because of opinions.

If you feel that there is a problem in a thread then you can contact Graham or myself or hit the "report post" button, this is far preferable to you posting accusing people of being bullies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back