Alison Young Appreciation Thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

beauty-1

Registered Shopper
So much negativity about Alison. Yes she interrupts the guests, yes she talks over them. But I like the woman. So here is a thread for just positives about her. She has good product knowledge and is entusiastic about her products, which is infectious. She may lack tact but seems kind and can be very funny. She has introduced me and my mother to some amazing products, which I would not have known about if I had not watched her. Alison rocks!

tumbleweed.gif
:D :pPC:

No sorry, she's lied to me once too often and won't answer her emails.:angry:
That's in addition to her rudeness and awful voice.

Yes she can be annoying (after 10+ years) but I'll bet half the people that dislike her on here, learned an awful lot from her in the early years of QVC. TBH the amount of criticism and downright nastiness most of the presenters seem to get here is ridiculous. Why watch if all you're going to do is find fault with everything. I used to love lurking on this forum, but it's very negative these days!

FTR I think Alison has calmed down a little bit over the last year or so. She doesn't seem to interrupt her guests quite as much as before and I quite enjoy watching her.

No-why.gif

Erm....are you a relative of hers, beauty-1?

No. But I don't need to be a relative to see her good pionts. I'm just so tired of all the negativity aimed at her here, when I have learnt so much from her.

O.K., truly not having a go now, but I'm intrigued to know what it is you have all learned from her. I knew how to apply face creams 15 years ago when she burst onto our screens, and I still know. She hasn't taught me anything. She has touted the benefits of many lotions and potions, naturally, as she is employed as a saleswoman. She doesn't allow the guests to tell us about their products and makes ridiculous and untruthful claims about them. Some of what she says may be the truth, but how are we supposed to trust her, when some of it is disinformation. What exactly are you learning from her ?

Sorry, I cannot think of anything positive to say about a presenter that spouts as much rubbish as she does. She comes over as a particularly vane person, who would use anything to keep her youthful looks. Sorry, life does not work that way. By the time she is 50, her skin will start to age, whether she likes it or not, and no amount of creams will help her. The only thing I will give her, is that she really is a lovely looking girl, but I'd love to see her without make up on. Even then I think she would be attractive.

i have to agree with Artemis. as a sales person, AY has introduced many to products stocked by qvc. at least at the beginning, i really sought her advice. unfortunately, due to lack of sufficient info, i had to try most products and then myself figure out which ones work for me (for some even the sales pitch didn't work)

I don't think it's a negative site to be on - I really don't. There are some lovely people on here who have a wonderful sense of humour - it's often very tongue in cheek with no real malice intended.

I know some threads have gone off on a tangent but it's usually because some of the topics happen to be things people feel quite passionately about and everyone is entitled to their opinion - as with this thread. I have to be in the mood for Alison, she can be really irritating and a bit screechy, other days she's fine and can be quite funny but just like this forum, no-one makes us watch/read/listen. I'm sure people say the same about me - "yep, some days she's irritating and screechy - other days she's hilarious"...... :bandit: That's just life innit? Only there's not a forum about me for people to point it out on, I guess that's the difference........

I love her rings and her attitude to animals - seems to love them more than people so she cant be all bad!

I used to like watching Alison in the early days even though I never bought any of the products. I also found some of her hints and tips very helpful when applying my cheapo products. These days I tend not to watch her very often as her voice grates and she has become so pushy in fact a typical salesperson. Obviously it is her job to sell and I suspect the presenters are under pressure these days.

I love her rings and her attitude to animals - seems to love them more than people so she cant be all bad!

She once stated that she doesn't like cats.

I used to like her, but I think she jumped the shark a long time ago and is too ego and sales driven now to offer 'independent' advice. I feel embarrassed at her rudeness to guests and her manic presentation, so very rarely watch now.

She once stated that she doesn't like cats.

I used to like her, but I think she jumped the shark a long time ago and is too ego and sales driven now to offer 'independent' advice. I feel embarrassed at her rudeness to guests and her manic presentation, so very rarely watch now.

Humph, she's definitely off my Christmas card list now!:nod:

I just love her catch phrase "I want you to jump on those phones for me " LOL

alison young is very funny and i love watching her. she has introduced me to lots of skincare that i would never have used or tried before qvc. some have been a disaster elemis namedly others i will always use l'occitane and my lovely mum likes her decleor.

the fact that we can get some goodies at a good price rather than going to the high steet for stroppy overmade up girls to take the rise makes me happy.

alison is not malicious unlike some people on this forum who use the fact that they can be ononimous to say the most nasty things about presenters just for sport.

yes alison young rocks.funny informative,sometimes a little tongue in cheek but always fun. qvc are lucky to have her. she gets my vote.:star:

Yes she can be annoying (after 10+ years) but I'll bet half the people that dislike her on here, learned an awful lot from her in the early years of QVC. TBH the amount of criticism and downright nastiness most of the presenters seem to get here is ridiculous. Why watch if all you're going to do is find fault with everything. I used to love lurking on this forum, but it's very negative these days!

FTR I think Alison has calmed down a little bit over the last year or so. She doesn't seem to interrupt her guests quite as much as before and I quite enjoy watching her.

I have to agree here. I used to love reading the forum because it was so much fun, looking at the humourous side of QVC goings on and being thankful for all the hard work of those forum posters who find out new products and great prices for us all. However, I feel it's become rather 'Mary Whitehouse' of late and I do wonder how those who always state that they barely watch any more because of x, y & z, have so much to say about recent QVC incidents/events/products/presenters etc :confused:

I do like Alison and have tried lots of things that she has recommended for my skin type over the years. Whilst not all have worked for me personally, I have used less money, time and effort seeking out things that would be suitable for skin and as a result my skin is better now than it was in my twenties :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back