Alison - shut up!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I was really looking forward to Sarah Chapman's show tonight but for ***** sake will someone please shut Alison up or at least tell her to stop being so rude, interrupting Sarah all the time? And please QVC, next time Sarah is on, give us another presenter! Grrrr

:mysmilie_497:sarah is interesting to listen to and really knows her stuff,and all we can hear is celebrities.jump to the phones,more celebrities etc. etc.why do they think we need her on with someone who is a real skincare expert and doesn't need any extra input from another so called expert

Alison was great and I doubt almost everything would have sold out without her input. I didn't realise this was the first full Sarah Chapman hour. I'm tempted to try her range, I wonder if they'll do a TSV/Sarah Chapman day in the future. Has she had a TSV as part of a beauty day?

I don't think the presence of that over-bearing old boot would have made the slightest difference to the sales.:wait: They needed to have much more stock - everything I tried to order sold out - v. annoying, made much worst by having to endure the endless wittering of Gobby.

Alison was great and I doubt almost everything would have sold out without her input. I didn't realise this was the first full Sarah Chapman hour. I'm tempted to try her range, I wonder if they'll do a TSV/Sarah Chapman day in the future. Has she had a TSV as part of a beauty day?

No never had a TSV infact this was her first full hour show and it took two years to organize. Not sure why, stock levels perhaps?? SC is usually a ten minute slot in general beauty shows.

Surely they must be leading up to a TSV/Sarah Chapman day. Has anyone tried the range, I'm really tempted by the overnight facelift and the hydrating serum.

Might I suggest doing a search and looking at the threads, there are lots! Around pages 3-4 are some longer ones, there was quite a lot of posting about SC both pro and con. HTH

Sarah is very interesting to listen to, I agree China Girl, and didn't need all the 'input' that Alison gave. The trouble is, she drones on and on and doesn't show the actual items individually as much as other presenters. People moan about Julia, but she is so polished and gives all the information you need about a product without being over-bearing and taking the emphasis off the guest presenter. I got quite frustrated at how many times Sarah was explaining about a product only for Alison to jump in before she'd finished. The fact that Sarah's products sold out had nothing to do with Alison, I believe, but everything to do with the actual products!

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that when Sarah comes back - hopefully with much more stock - Julia is with her.

I only managed to watch half the show as I too got fed up with the interruptions. While AY was pointing out the celebs who had signed, in mid flow chirps '300 of you on the phones' and carries on! Grrrr it was bad enough being put off by the frumpy/weird outfit combo she had on! Sarah is very knowledgeable, I remember her presenting the beauty shows on HSN channel when they sold MOP and Germaine de Capuccini. I think Sarah would make a good replacement for you know who! :cheeky:

Quite frankly, they could replace Gobby with a house brick and it would be an improvement :giggle: I'm sure the powers-that-be at QVC Towers must read this forum, in which case I plead with you to put the old nag out to grass :wave: If she were a pot of elemis pro-collagen marine cream, she would be so far past her 'use by' date that she would have congealed into rancid gloop. :smirk:

Last edited:
I only managed to watch half the show as I too got fed up with the interruptions. While AY was pointing out the celebs who had signed, in mid flow chirps '300 of you on the phones' and carries on! Grrrr it was bad enough being put off by the frumpy/weird outfit combo she had on! Sarah is very knowledgeable, I remember her presenting the beauty shows on HSN channel when they sold MOP and Germaine de Capuccini. I think Sarah would make a good replacement for you know who! :cheeky:

Now there's a very good thought! :cheeky:

Quite frankly, they could replace Gobby with a house brick and it would be an improvement :giggle: I'm sure the powers-that-be at QVC Towers must read this forum, in which case I plead with you to put the old nag out to grass :wave: If she were a pot of elemis pro-collagen marine cream, she would be so far past her 'use by' date that she would have congealed into rancid gloop. :smirk:

Oh yes, a brick would be a huge improvement - it doesn't talk (shout/screech) over people who know their own product better than Gobby. Don't think it would stab people when attempting to put dubious "qualified make-up artist" skills (or lack of) to use (rarely, thank God!). Undoubtedly would make better outfit choices...

I totally agree with the above sentiment except to add. PLEASE take JF with her.

Alison was going full steam ahead last night.
Lol, I thought she was going to have a little accident she was so excited :sweat:

I mute her, she hardly ever says anything that adds to my decison to buy, it's all waffle about nothing apart from what she seems to think is aspirational in terms of celebrity culture. She'll be telling us how to get the Jedward look before we know it!

Latest posts

Back