Alison Keenan and the Charge card

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
Iv noticed on every presentation, Ali K, always says pay with 'a debit, credit or a charge card' firstly what is a charge card? why do other presenters not mention the 'charge card'? obv Alison keenan has a charge card and pays for things on her 'charge card' how do I get a 'charge card' does it mean say, I can charge it to my dads credit card?

Didn't QVC used to do their own store card (charge card) years ago, with ridiculous apr no doubt?

Jude xx

I have an Amex charge card - it means that I buy everything using the card, get points on the purchases and then pay the bill in full every month.

If I used my debit card then I wouldn't get the reward points.

I have an Amex charge card - it means that I buy everything using the card, get points on the purchases and then pay the bill in full every month.

If I used my debit card then I wouldn't get the reward points.

Yes; a Charge card must be paid off in full i.e. it is not a credit card. John Lewis used to offer one before they launched their Partnership Card.

Yes; a Charge card must be paid off in full i.e. it is not a credit card. John Lewis used to offer one before they launched their Partnership Card.

It works well for me as I put virtually everything on my card... parking, groceries, petrol, coffee shop... points make prizes!

I never pay cash if they will take a card - I'm addicted to collecting the points (which can be transferred to partner schemes for flights etc).

I used to have a charge card. The only thing I used it for was scraping frost of my windscreen. Now I have my prepaid debit card and I love it. Works brilliantly everywhere.

So what do reward points make??! Good game, good game :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

I used to have a charge card. The only thing I used it for was scraping frost of my windscreen. Now I have my prepaid debit card and I love it. Works brilliantly everywhere.

Tristar what's a prepaid debit card? Is it a normal bank card?

My Amex cards is a straightforward credit card rather than the original pay-it-off card. Still lots of places don't accept it as retailers are charged more for this than other cards. It does accumulate more points per pound than other cards so I always use it for QVC purchases.

It's probably my fault (next time CHuntley is on air) that Q has to charge p&p on every item, to cover my amex usage!

Jude xx

Its an American term, I always see it mentioned on US forms. QVC US still do the card, and people complain like mad at the interest they charge.

Or a Diners Club card, which is a true charge card............presenters probs all have one despite their protestations of just-like-the-rest-of-us feeling the credit crunch/rising costs of living etc.! :dull:
(Wouldn't be surprised if JB at least has one, strikes me as exactly the sort of snob value attachment he'd love I reckon! *zips up flame suit tight, dissin' precious JB!*) :grin:

Latest posts

Back