Alison K

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well Burlz, the talentless She-makes-me-wanna-Hurl has little else going for her. :emo:

Last year I was shocked at horrified at Julia's choice of dress, the lady knows she's big busted and to me it looked like she'd pulled out all the stops to make sure that everybody else knew that too. Bright red dress,as tight as you like, and as low cut as you could get away with without being arrested! At the time I felt that it was so inappropriate and inconsiderate that I actually emailed qvc and told them so! This year when I tuned in and caught sight of her, I thought mmmm, that's a little bit better madam, didn't think it was anywhere near "in your face" as last time. I dunno, maybe had she worn a demure clevage covering little number it would be like admitting that she'd done something wrong before? Maybe next year the neckline will be a little bit higher and so on!

Alison too was flashing a bit of clevage, ok not so obviously as she's not such a large busted lady as Julia, however, the fact she's had surgery for breast cancer herself in the past, does that make us think it's somehow more "alright" for her to do that? Perhaps. I really thought she looked great, her hair looked fab, the dress choice was spot on, the colours really suited her. I thought she looked really well on the night.

I also would like to mention the "eyes" comment...Of course people without eye disease shouldn't have to cover their eyes if they were raising money for eye disease, what they shouldn't do however, is interlace the commentary with things like "I've got 20-20" vision me, I can see in the dark, or have someone dancing in bending their limbs in every direction whilst raising money for paraplegic people...you simply wouldn't. Similarly I think it's wholly inappropriate to flaunt your breasts in front of crowds of people who have not only lost theirs, sexuality aside, a lot of these people are in fear for their lives!

Last edited:
I though AK's dress was fab last night. She is too thin for a woman of her age that's why her face looks a big haggard. JR's hair looked OK for a change, dress was OK but a bit too revealing but the evening was ruined by smarmy. Energiser bunny craig was funny!

Just thinking that. There was comment last year that it was not appropriate to be displaying the bazooms so prominently and it is very insensitive of her. I am posting as someone who had cancer and whose appearance was affected by this and the treatment.

Me too,and I found it very insensitive, but then she has to be centre stage all the while. Just because I can no longer wear low necklines I don't expect everyone to cover up, but at an event for breast cancer surely she knows that flashing her boobs would upset a lot of people.

I can honestly say I hardly noticed what Julia was wearing last night, because for me she was totally over shadowed by the gorgeous radiant breast cancer survivors, their zest for life and their incredible tales of strength and courage.
Julia was totally out classed!

I can honestly say I hardly noticed what Julia was wearing last night, because for me she was totally over shadowed by the gorgeous radiant breast cancer survivors, their zest for life and their incredible tales of strength and courage.
Julia was totally out classed![/QUOTE]

What a perfect statement, maybe we should transfer the "roll up, roll up, get yer goods ere" style of presenting from DF to JR, especially with her faux posh, always a giveaway to high aspirations above ones station.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

i was on the train coming home from work tonight. someone had left a leaflet from a newspaper. it was an ad for an organisation called sightsavers www.sightsavers.org who are raising money for people in the third world affected by trachoma, a disease that blinds people but which is easily treated with antibiotics. it costs 50p for a course of treatment to stop the disease. i read this leaflet and it made me cry.

i dont think we'd expect people promoting this charity to hide their eyes. would we?

My son has just walked Hadrians Wall in aid of Sightsavers:sun:

Thanks for that Lemonsqueezy,I have to wear a false boob (I can't spell prothesis lol) and I've lost count of the times I've been bending down gardening and it's fallen out, I just pick it up and shove it in my pocket lol. I'm just thankful that I'm still here 24 yrs on. xx:giggle:

Latest posts

Back