Alison K

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watching her in the BCC call room, and under less_than_flattering lighting she looks very well worn, considering she's only 50. What a shame she's loved the sun so much for so long. Obviously the studio lights are a lot more forgiving.

Yes I thought that. She looks very well worn. Mid you JR dosen't look much better.

Talking of Julia,I really don't find it appropriate for her to be flashing her cleavage on BCC night.

Just thinking that. There was comment last year that it was not appropriate to be displaying the bazooms so prominently and it is very insensitive of her. I am posting as someone who had cancer and whose appearance was affected by this and the treatment.

Oh not again Julia. There was the year of the red dress with her baps barely contained and she herself said her sister would be undergoing surgery a few days later. Nobody is saying wear a polo neck but for once just a bit of thought for someone other than Julia.

I thought that Alison Keenan was looking fab tonight! Oh well, and as for Julia there was a bit of clevage on show, but NOTHING on last year's offering, she was well toned down this time I thought!

i was on the train coming home from work tonight. someone had left a leaflet from a newspaper. it was an ad for an organisation called sightsavers www.sightsavers.org who are raising money for people in the third world affected by trachoma, a disease that blinds people but which is easily treated with antibiotics. it costs 50p for a course of treatment to stop the disease. i read this leaflet and it made me cry.

i dont think we'd expect people promoting this charity to hide their eyes. would we?

Last edited:
I'm not normally a big fan of AK, but I thought she looked really pretty tonight. I liked her necklace too.

As for Julia, she is such a female dog. It wasn't her bosom that was barely contained, it was her rage and hatred for Charlie and the guests. Her interactions with Liz (the Breast Cancer survivor model lady)made me squirm.

i was on the train coming home from work tonight. someone had left a leaflet from a newspaper. it was an ad for an organisation called sightsavers www.sightsavers.org who are raising money for people in the third world affected by trachoma, a disease that blinds people but which is easily treated with antibiotics. it costs 50p for a course of treatment to stop the disease. i read this leaflet and it made me cry.

i dont think we'd expect people promoting this charity to hide their eyes. would we?

i dont want to be disrespectful to people who have suffered from breast cancer. the point i am making is that we should concentrate on the cause rather than criticising people who are giving their time to help just because they choose to show off their tits.

I think that's missing the point. Not that I am suggesting that loosing an eye sight has any lesser impact on the victim than loss due to breast cancer. However, breast cancer has an added impact with it not just being a serious illness, but it can also have an enormous impact on the very identification of being a female and with that as a sexual being, as well. I am not suggesting this is how everybody feels, or should feel, but it's a fact that females have a very tough time due to association of this part of the body with their sexuality and potentially may feel inferior in a way, when affected by this illness. At such delicate and upsetting time in their lives I am sure women wouldn't like to be poked in the eye (pardon the pun) with an overt insensitivity of a low cut dress on an ample cleavage. In my view this would be the equivalent of showing the 50p to the person suffering with trachoma and saying "sorry mate, but got to buy the Daily Mail,instead".

At best of times Julia may appear somewhat threatening to other females exposing her (ahem) 'superior assets' at every opportunity as if to say "He,he...now take that!" with a smirk on her face, a flick of her hair and looking down her nose.
As it has already been pointed out in this thread: although this hasn't been the worst expose of Ms Roberts' cleavage, she could still have been more considerate at this instance, and wore a nice evening gown without having to expose too much and appear insensitive. Alison K wore an evening gown, and even though she is well endowed herself, she didn't reveal too much and didn't stand out.

I like Julia as a presenter, I'll go as far as to say she is my favourite Q presenter. I also think Julia looks very attractive. She is a beautiful woman and I admire the fact that she takes pride in looking after herself. However, I can't share the same enthusiasm about Julia The Personality: she lacks sensitivity and tact at best and can be downright nasty at worst.
She is an intelligent woman and it must have occurred to her in all these years of doing the BCC shows that low cut dress is not an appropriate attire for the night. If this has indeed been the case, it seems it has been overridden by the "look at me" reflex that she exhibits far too frequently.

Every thread here on ST forum that mentions Julia, always gets a healthy response from both the unofficial "non fans of JR" club (in the majority) and the equally unofficial "devoted fans of JR" club (this appears to be the minority, for now). What summed it up for me was one of Pinkpussycat's recent comments about Julia, to the effect that she can learn a thing or two about humility. That really is the key word for Julia - humility. Indeed, if she could manage to appear a bit more humble, she might even improve her ratings here on the ST forum (now, there is a thought, eh Julia??).

i dont want to be disrespectful to people who have suffered from breast cancer. the point i am making is that we should concentrate on the cause rather than criticising people who are giving their time to help just because they choose to show off their tits.

Missed this, fair enough. But showing off t*ts at BCC event is simply not appropriate (wrong show) and is open to criticism, even if she was giving her time to help the cause.

I'm not criticising her for the fact she gave her time far from it. I admire amyone who gives their time to a worthwile cause.
I just think If you are devoting a show to BCC and showing some of the heartbreaking stories about the women who've battled this disease, then common sense should have told her to show a bit of sensitivity and cover up a bit.
I'm not saying she should have been covered up to the neck, just covered her cleavage up a bit.

AK might appear to be looking a bit "rough" however give her a break .. she is 50, has had a heartbreaking divorce and had a seriously ill son, I think that would take its toll on anyone...but she has always mantained her wicked sense of humour....I certainly have my rough days as im sure do the majority of people

Liz Hurley repeatedly shows her cleavage at breast cancer events and she is often knocked by the press for this lack of sensitivity. I think it takes a certain type.

AK might appear to be looking a bit "rough" however give her a break .. she is 50, has had a heartbreaking divorce and had a seriously ill son, I think that would take its toll on anyone...but she has always mantained her wicked sense of humour....I certainly have my rough days as im sure do the majority of people

Oh yes, I agree (and I started this thread). Really I was thinking out loud that she is a good example of how love of the sun can really take it's toll on the face and body. Quite a salutory lesson, especially during an event to highlight that hateful disease that can also be triggered by the sun. I do still think that her skin looked a lot older than 50.

Alison has a lovely figure ( :envy:) and personality - she manages to add the personal touch to whatever she is presenting without it being "all about her".

Re JR - it's obvious that she feels justified in wanting to be Queen Bee on every show and fair enough if QVC and the other presenters & guests allow it. BUT last night there was room for only one star and that was BCC, including the studio guests representing it. SHAME on Julia for not recognising it (I don't think she did it consciously iykwim).

Latest posts

Back