Alison gets award

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It must be uncomfortable for her selling all the QVC beauty products that test on them. I totally agree about Chuntley, had a quick channel hop the other day and there she was, admiring herself in the monitor with that devouring look in her eye, as if she'd have loved to eat herself.

Catherine does rather like herself - she is always admiring herself in the monitors and looking smug.

Maybe they gave it to her so she could brag about it truthfully rather than go on about her other dubious qualifications.

I like Alison both for her humour and also because she's sometimes unintentionally fun to laugh at. However, is she even famous beyond QVC? I've seen the odd newspaper article on her but she doesn't get invited onto shows like LW or LK Today - I suppose they would be plugging the competition if terms of viewing figures. She was included in a documentary on shopping telly around 10 years ago now and they reported that the shows she fronts, consistently generated the highest sales for the channel, brining in a 6 figure sum every hour.

Then shouldn't she be getting a "sales" award as opposed to a "beauty" award then? I, and I'm sure other forum members feel the same, don't give a toss that she won't give a toss, I don't comment for anyone to give a toss, it's just my own personal observation/opinion.

I agree. Alison Young is a saleswoman, that is how she makes her living these days.

they reported that the shows she fronts, consistently generated the highest sales for the channel, brining in a 6 figure sum every hour.

I think the 6 figure sum is more down to the fact skin care is expensive and it's QVCs biggest seller, I mean look at when Elemis for example have their TSV or when they're flogging electric beauty product anything from 2/3/4 hundred pounds, AY or not, it wouldn't take long to reach a 6 figure sum.

I think the 6 figure sum is more down to the fact skin care is expensive and it's QVCs biggest seller, I mean look at when Elemis for example have their TSV or when they're flogging electric beauty product anything from 2/3/4 hundred pounds, AY or not, it wouldn't take long to reach a 6 figure sum.

Indeed. Beauty products have a massive profit margin. It's got to be harder to shift other products, you've got to hand it to those presenters who don't do many beauty shows, they have to work harder to make sales on some of the crap they try to sell.

Indeed. It's got to be harder to shift other products, you've got to hand it to those presenters who don't do many beauty shows, they have to work harder to make sales on some of the crap they try to sell.

Yeah that's true, imagine how many of those Lilibeth thingies you'd have to shift to hit six figures. :mysmilie_17:

You very very rarely see Ali being hands on during the shows, in fact I can`t remember the last time . Therefore in my mind I see her as more of a sales person than any kind of supposed beauty expert. Her own makeup and style doesn`t prove it either. In her acceptance clip for the award she looked rough, hardly well groomed and with scraggy hair. She doesn`t seem capable of doing anything but the blank pale face coated in shimmer brick, badly applied blusher and she`s done the same eye makeup for donkeys years.
Trends change, products change, techniques change but Ali Y doesn`t change.
Personally I`d put her out to grass and get someone who`se actually capable of doing and not just saying.

i dont want alison to leave. i agree shes not mega smart in the grooming but shes got all those lovely pets to look after. she's hard working and very approachable far nicer than some of the snotty beauty reps we have. the sbc and tea tree ladies are very nice though. but the rest think they are royalty.

And let's not forget, the First Lady of beauty has a QVC diamonbleek ring copied of her own in honour, for what ever reason I hear you cry? absolutely no idea, but only in QVC land hey? :mysmilie_15:

For those who didn`t see the clip of her receiving her award.
ay.jpg

The award is probably from the same Mickey Mouse company who suggest that the QVC call centre is outstanding.

www.cewuk.co.uk

CEW - Cosmetic Executive Women
Founded in the USA over 60 years ago, CEW is constantly growing and is now a global organisation with over 6,000 members from 1,700 companies. CEW brings the beauty industry together to move beauty forward. Together, we lead the conversation, nurture careers, recognise brilliance and shape the future of beauty. We lead the conversation in beauty, addressing topics that are shaping the future of the industry and provide unparalleled access to industry influencers and thought leaders. CEW provides the connections, tools and leadership development resources to move careers forward. CEW recognises professional achievement and innovation in the industry to inspire the next generation of leaders. CEW is moving the beauty industry forward.

CEW 2016 CEW ACHIEVER AWARDS
CEW was proud to honour some of the beauty industry’s leaders at its 15th annual Achiever Awards, held last night in the packed ballroom of the Jumeirah Carlton Tower Hotel in front of an industry audience, family and friends. Each Achiever was selected by the Board of CEW.

Alison Young, QVC UK
Alison Young is one of the most respected and qualified experts in the beauty industry. She has been at the forefront of customer care, bespoke prescriptions, treatments and makeovers for more than 30 years. As a trained therapist and makeup artist she has been treating and advising royalty and A-listers for decades. Alison has been at the forefront of QVC Beauty for 22 years. She has watched as the number of brands has grown from just a few, to the hundreds currently available. She takes the approach that her job is to cut through the claims and find the unique story, innovation & ingredients that differ to what’s already on the market. Dermot Boyd, CEO of QVC UK, friend and colleague of Alison, presented her with her well-earned CEW Achiever Award.

i dont want alison to leave. i agree shes not mega smart in the grooming but shes got all those lovely pets to look after. she's hard working and very approachable far nicer than some of the snotty beauty reps we have. the sbc and tea tree ladies are very nice though. but the rest think they are royalty.

I agree. Whatever her faults ("paintented", aaaargh!) she's an approachable and down to earth lady who knows how to have a laugh and doesn't take herself too seriously. That doesn't make her an expert at her job of course, but it does make her a likeable person. At one beauty bash she and my fella had a nice chat about farms (he's from a farming family) and animals, and were joking about flatcaps (he's from Yorkshire.) I can't picture him having that conversation with Alexis, for example. Alison was really nice and helpful to me about my skin issues too, and did give advice that made a difference. She was very understanding and sympathetic re how badly acne was affecting my confidence. It's true she's not the leading authority in beauty or whatnot but she's not clueless.

Latest posts

Back