Alice Cooper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Chloe, and have enjoyed watching her present beauty/nail shows recently. I love her honesty and to me, she seems to be genuinely interested in everything the guests are saying. She asks relevant questions and its clear she is enjoying learning more and more about each brand as time goes on.
Have to say, I like her eye make up too.
I wonder if its her accent that viewers are noticing first? I have to admit it is a bit grating but I can get over that.
As for Jackie, I haven't warmed to her at all.....Just goes to show how different we all are, if we all had the same likes/dislikes I guess there would be no point in this forum :grin:

MM I probably didn't mean accent (don't want to offend anyone).
Her voice is just a bit monotone...still like I said though, I'm over that now :wink:

I enjoyed watching Chloe the other day with Leighton Denny. I thought there was a good rapport between them and she seemed genuinely interested in the products. She admitted that her nails aren't great but l think she will, with help, get them into shape. I feel she does shout a bit but then so do other presenters. I don't mind the eye make up but wish she'd sort her hair out. I'm not writing her off yet.

When I was staying with some friends I saw some adverts for 'Safestyle Uk' I think it was, a double glazing company, where some annoying men reached forward telling me 'yu buy one yu get one free, d'ja hear yu buy one yu get one free' - when Chloe is standing to present she has the same annoying stance leaning forwards to reach into the camera, probably a bid up trait as she couples it with references to deals. It's quite bullish selling and it's not nice.

I just don't like her dressing style, looks as if she's going shopping, not selling on the biggest shopping channel.
and if they were aiming for a younger audience, would they not pick someone younger, she's 35 or so, and thats
not that young to impress the young ones. She just dresses casually , not smart IYKWIM

Barbs I think that smart does not impress everyone. I am more likely to buy if I feel relaxed. Probably as I am sick to the back teeth of smart, formal, BORING! lawyers by the time I get home. I associate smart with formal, and formal with strict and staid as if cracking a smile would be too much to ask. When I go shopping (which after all is what I am doing when I watch Q,)I want to see stuff that I would buy, sold by people who are warm, happy and approachable.

Although I don't like the "look at this DEAL" approach from Chloe, on numerous weeks I have looked at what she is wearing and thought "I love her top, where can I get one" or "I bet her eyeshadow is Mally Gunmetal like mine". So yes, everyone is different and her style appeals to me, thank you very much! And my £ is hopefully just as important to Q as those who prefer a more polished look.

By the way my soon- to- be 60 year old mum hates my leggings and grey tops too, but she does like my eye make up.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Well I think I got the message about Chloe's eye make up obviously some people don't like it. I find her quite pleasant as a presenter it can't be easy for any of them having to sell some of the crap they have on some days. At least she's not up herself like some on Q.

Barbs I think that smart does not impress everyone. I am more likely to buy if I feel relaxed. Probably as I am sick to the back teeth of smart, formal, BORING! lawyers by the time I get home. I associate smart with formal, and formal with strict and staid as if cracking a smile would be too much to ask. When I go shopping (which after all is what I am doing when I watch Q,)I want to see stuff that I would buy, sold by people who are warm, happy and approachable.

Although I don't like the "look at this DEAL" approach from Chloe, on numerous weeks I have looked at what she is wearing and thought "I love her top, where can I get one" or "I bet her eyeshadow is Mally Gunmetal like mine". So yes, everyone is different and her style appeals to me, thank you very much! And my £ is hopefully just as important to Q as those who prefer a more polished look.

By the way my soon- to- be 60 year old mum hates my leggings and grey tops too, but she does like my eye make up.

I bet those clothes you like though aren't from QVC though. And maybe because you have to dress smartly you like to see people dress more casually, but my DD works in an office and a certain standard of dress is desired, and i work in a hospital, and the same with me, and IMO QVC is supposed to be the biggest selling shopping channel, and she could still look casual, and wear trousers etc, but a bit smarter. She's getting as bad as Julia because she hardly ever has those brown boots of her, and one pair of trousers or another. But we all like different things ,. which is good, but her style doesn't appeal to me. She's more rock chick than tv presenter

Last edited:
That's cool Barbs, you are right, I go from one extreme to the other. Off goes suit. On go leggings and allthe tops my mum hates (at least I am modest enough at my age to go longline, lol.). On go my emus and slouchy bag over shoulder I grab the pram and run to the nursery. Although I love my job I hate my "uniform" at is not me as a person. I am a slummy mummy rock chick rolled into one. You should have seen me as a teenager....:eek:

I'm one of those that LIKE 'boring' when dealing with those in authority, suits do it for me everytime, and feel we have gone 'too far' the other way in casual, which more often than not, doesn't even mean smart anymore '; and I wish doctors would resort to their white coats again.

On a rare visit to the cinema recently, 2 girls taking the tickets at the door were an utter disgrace in their appearance - greasy unkempt ponytail, red polo shirt that had never seen the wash, and ill fitting black cardigan.

Those appearing on quiz shows obviously never look in a mirror before they leave home. Tatty T shirts, scuffed jeans for the men, and ladies in tops three sizes too small. WHY ??????

Chloe I fear is a lost cause, she too wore scuffed jeans and equally scuffed boots when I saw a recent long-shot of her.

How long I wonder before the bride and groom reject all the formalities and pitch up to be married in faded polo short and down at heel shoes.

Old trout....slummy mummy.... room for us all!!!! LOL

Last night Alice was on with Dale and Will was doing his usual and she said 'we are having a threesome tonight' Dale was quite embarassed I thought. Remember all the smutty comments she tweeted or faceboooked, looks like it pops out now and then. I think she is a bit lewd and I dont care for her at all. I think my least favourite person on QVC.

I just don't like her dressing style, looks as if she's going shopping, not selling on the biggest shopping channel.
and if they were aiming for a younger audience, would they not pick someone younger, she's 35 or so, and thats
not that young to impress the young ones. She just dresses casually , not smart IYKWIM

agree that she is to old for potential younger viewers but then what the hell would anyone under 30 find to buy on Q since us, shall we say more mature, folk struggle to be inspired.

Would love her to have a complete makeover as I think she is neither fish nor fowl, not trendy like Pippa nor classic. Reminds me a bit like Carmel - matt makeup, clatted hair only with clothes you would slop around the house in.

Don't think a woman should be judged harshly for making a joke that may be described as "lewed" lol. No difference from a man doing it in this modern age.

The coal eyes have been getting darker and more severe, also she started off a little subdued, no doubt a little raw from the ticking off for her rude talk by Sky, but gradually her true colours are showing and its coming to the fore again. I think she is smutty.

Many of the presenters make lewd/smutty comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back