Alexis L'Occitane

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just seen Alexis is she pregnant?
I've found the other thread, it was actually started on 6th December last year. Lady Alexis was soon side lined as we moved on to talking about watches but obviously she wasn't pregnant because if it was noticeable in early winter she'd have had a spring baby & didn't. Being a Friday night witch, maybe she's just got middle aged spread & poor deportment.

I always thought she was pregnant when she was sitting down doing loccitane shows. I am obese so I am not in anyway mentioning her weight. My daughter is a size 6 to 8 and she suffers from IBS. Her tummy bloats really bad you would think she was pregnant at times. It may be its a health problem she has or bloating x

Haven't seen Alexis recently but maybe she wants a late baby? Or maybe she has bloating or tummy issues? I'd love a baby but that ship has sailed for me and I can only put my pregnancy down to crisps and wine :oops:

CC

My children are my nephews, and I have 5 of them, and they are doing very well in their adult lives. If I may brag, nephew 2's girlfriend is due a baby in February. Given my life with my family I am so excited for them and I am knitting like a mad woman.

CC
I knitted for Britain for my 5 nieces and nephews in the 1980’s and 90’s but haven’t done so for their babies. Various people tell me hand knitting is old fashioned and it’s put me off.

I’m expecting a great nephew at this very minute - he was due 2 weeks ago yesterday. His dad texted me at 05.52 this morning to say mum’s waters had broken. Not heard anything since. Standing by my phone !

I knitted for Britain for my 5 nieces and nephews in the 1980’s and 90’s but haven’t done so for their babies. Various people tell me hand knitting is old fashioned and it’s put me off.

I’m expecting a great nephew at this very minute - he was due 2 weeks ago yesterday. His dad texted me at 05.52 this morning to say mum’s waters had broken. Not heard anything since. Standing by my phone !
Hand knitting shows love has gone into the garment/blanket. My DD MIL was a beautiful knitter and we miss her so much, the things she made we cherish and my GD has a tiny cardigan in a memory box to show her children. I had a heartbreaking job of finishing off a cardigan she knitted, it just needed the seams joining and buttons sewing on. Give me old fashioned any day EM over mass produced.

Hand knitting shows love has gone into the garment/blanket. My DD MIL was a beautiful knitter and we miss her so much, the things she made we cherish and my GD has a tiny cardigan in a memory box to show her children. I had a heartbreaking job of finishing off a cardigan she knitted, it just needed the seams joining and buttons sewing on. Give me old fashioned any day EM over mass produced.
As a devotee of L M Montgomery's books I'll send you one of my favourite quotes:

"There's always a piece of unfinished work left" said Mrs Lynde, with tears in her eyes. "But I suppose there's always some one to finish it."

It was your turn to be that person 💐

As a devotee of L M Montgomery's books I'll send you one of my favourite quotes:

"There's always a piece of unfinished work left" said Mrs Lynde, with tears in her eyes. "But I suppose there's always some one to finish it."

It was your turn to be that person 💐
Awww! Twilight, that brought tears to my eyes. Thank you ❤️

When I was pregnant with my oldest son my late husband`s Aunt sent me a full layette of hand knitted and hand crocheted items. Every item had been made with love and they were wonderful. Matinee coats, bootees, hats, blankets, christening shawl etc. They all had to be handwashed which was no hardship back then in 1976 because I had a twin tub machine so many items had to be handwashed or it chewed them up.
When my oldest and first granddaughter was born I saw similar layettes on a local market stall selling wool etc and the layettes had been made by the stall holder. I loved them but my DIL shook her head and said nope, it was babygros, hats, cardis, blankets etc all from the likes of Mothercare, supermarkets or Marks.
My next door neighbour is now pregnant with her 4th child, her 3rd child is still only a year old so still in a buggy and wearing nappies. All 3 of her children (soon to be 4 ) never look clean and I don`t mean healthy dirt from playing, I mean ground in dinge from badly washed clothes and not bathing them enough. The little one`s pram blanket is downright filthy and she`s forever forgetting to put her bins out so they are often crammed with nappies and wipes. I`m hoping having a 4th child will prompt them to move or at least move them up the local council house list and maybe just maybe we`ll get a decent tenant next door.

My life, when I was 44 I had two teenagers, one getting ready to go to uni. Obviously many have babies at that age, & older, but I can't imagine having a child taking GCSEs at the same time I was getting ready to retire.

My mum was 44 having me. 67 when she died. We fought like cat and dog when I was in my early teens and she was still having menopausal symptoms. A real clash of the hormones. When we both settled down she became ill so I was her carer. And she was my best friend. I was devastated when she died.

As much as I've got older and would consider myself to have been a better mum, I had my daughter in my mid-twenties as I did not want her to go through what I went through.

Well, that didn't work. My partner is my primary carer but she does a fair whack, too. It seems to be a family curse where the women in the family die 10 years younger than their mum did - I have a year to break this curse!

I went to my daughter's Baby Shower this afternoon. It was organised by her in laws, the nicest people I know; she had some wonderful gifts & her mother in law, a very talented knitter, made the most gorgeous cardigans & jumpers. I can't knit, actually I am without a single talent, & as they have so much for this baby I bought her perfume!

Latest posts

Back