Aldi Health & Beauty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Мy store also put the items in the isle, but close to the tills and the security guy. I went yesterday and got the Tropical Essence hair live in conditioner - really like it, Fabulash mascara - so-so, the serum, and the tinted moisturiser is fab and so is the concealer. Also bought a pack of 3 reading glasses for £2.99. I got a lipstick in Primark, really like it too, it was a nice nude colour.

Мy store also put the items in the isle, but close to the tills and the security guy. I went yesterday and got the Tropical Essence hair live in conditioner - really like it, Fabulash mascara - so-so, the serum, and the tinted moisturiser is fab and so is the concealer. Also bought a pack of 3 reading glasses for £2.99. I got a lipstick in Primark, really like it too, it was a nice nude colour.
You did well.

I tried the tinted moisturiser yesterday. I wouldn't call it more of a foundation like the reviewer of its equivalent, Hourglass Illusion, said but it’s a nice finish. I’ve been thinking foundations are looking quite dense and unflattering on me and this makes a nice change, even if it doesn’t give much coverage. What I think is a bit odd is the instructions on the back read more like what you’d see on a product which is purely a facial sun screen. It says SPF30 so I knew there was a level of sun protection, like many foundations, but I didn’t expect a tinted moisturiser to say “apply generously, rub in well, and wait for it to fully absorb before exposure to the sun” and “reapply frequently”, etc, as if that’s all it was for. Maybe I just haven’t looked at tinted moisturisers before and didn’t realise this is common? Even though it’s not quite what I expected, I do rather like it.

Sorry posted on wrong thread. My Aldi haul.

Attachments

• IMG_20240814_072910.jpg
    IMG_20240814_072910.jpg
    937.5 KB · Views: 0
Were you shopping today? I was thinking of going again, but thought things sold out by now. I'd like to get more of the leave in conditioner. The reading glasses are quite good, and light.
My update. I've tried the fragrant body sprays, lovely and light, not overpowering, so I have bought some more. The foot cream and body cream, again lovely to use, love the fragrances. Managed to get the matching hand cream yesterday but not yet tried. The leave in conditioner is very good, used on wet and dry hair. I have curly hair and it works beautifully. Tried another Aldi yesterday but very little left on the shelves. The reading glasses I agree are light and easy to wear. If I can see some more I'll buy. The glow moisturiser, glows. The vitamin c face wash very concentrated another thumbs up. The rest yet to try. I also saw the lip kits. Tried them previously and I didn't like the texture so not a repurchase for me. I've used the tinted foundation and that too is a repurchase as I like the texture and spf coverage. Great for this time of year plus I don't like heavy coverage. I got all of these when launched. Tried another local Aldi yesterday where I got the hand cream but there was very little left. I may go back to my main Aldi after work today to see what is left.

My update. I've tried the fragrant body sprays, lovely and light, not overpowering, so I have bought some more. The foot cream and body cream, again lovely to use, love the fragrances. Managed to get the matching hand cream yesterday but not yet tried. The leave in conditioner is very good, used on wet and dry hair. I have curly hair and it works beautifully. Tried another Aldi yesterday but very little left on the shelves. The reading glasses I agree are light and easy to wear. If I can see some more I'll buy. The glow moisturiser, glows. The vitamin c face wash very concentrated another thumbs up. The rest yet to try. I also saw the lip kits. Tried them previously and I didn't like the texture so not a repurchase for me. I've used the tinted foundation and that too is a repurchase as I like the texture and spf coverage. Great for this time of year plus I don't like heavy coverage. I got all of these when launched. Tried another local Aldi yesterday where I got the hand cream but there was very little left. I may go back to my main Aldi after work today to see what is left.
Thank you for the update - brilliant info

Excellent review! Thank you.

I gather (from two sources) the body sprays smell lovely but last about 10 minutes in use. I know body sprays have that tendency more than perfumes but that sounds disappointing. A shame as they do smell great and if I see them again, I will risk one.

I love the Booty Balm. My friend, who has the Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream, said they are very similar but the Bum Bum is a bit more coconutty. I hear the shampoo is fabulous, too,

I’m looking forward to trying the leave-in conditioner. I wonder how it will work on my finer, poker straight hair though?

Ours is in Galashiels which is about 20 miles away. I usually leave all the shopping to Mr CC as he turns into an OCD pernickity pillock if I put a bag of peas in the wrong place in the trolley or try and pack things before they've had time to take root in the bagging area. Ever seen those two folk having a massive row at the click and pay? That was us. He'd never go to Aldi as it's a different system than the one he likes so unless I go on my own I'm going to miss out.

CC

I gather (from two sources) the body sprays smell lovely but last about 10 minutes in use. I know body sprays have that tendency more than perfumes but that sounds disappointing. A shame as they do smell great and if I see them again, I will risk one.

I love the Booty Balm. My friend, who has the Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream, said they are very similar but the Bum Bum is a bit more coconutty. I hear the shampoo is fabulous, too,

I’m looking forward to trying the leave-in conditioner. I wonder how it will work on my finer, poker straight hair though?
I tend to think fragrances don't last on me so am a bad judge. I've just sprayed pistachio and salted caramel. Will see how long it lasts. House smells nice!

We all know that’s exactly what you’d do if it meant it made things easier for you to purchase random items that you didn’t want or need 😂
That’s a vicious slur! I needed at least 40% of what I bought in my Aldi bargain hunt last Sunday.

Where have you been anyway? Had a nice holiday and come back invigorated, ready to take the pee?

I went to Aldi yesterday and noticed that they had some Simple products, just before one of the tills, in its own cardboard stand. The choice was: replenishing rich moisturiser (very light texture, i really like it, and I think it may be currently on offer in Superdrug), face wash (gel), face wipes and micellar water. All priced at £2.49 The leave in conditioner and all make up was sold out, so I got the shampoo, the body scrub, and some more reading glasses.

I've now been back to all the Aldi's in my area. I did buy another pack of the reading glasses which are fabulous vfm. Could not get hold of any more leave in conditioner. Also managed to get the conditioner to go with the shampoo. Oh and the Aldi hand wash. Got two. Decanted one into a locci container. I'll feed back. Super thanks for the heads up. My observation lots of the lip kits were still in all the Aldi stores I checked in.

Attachments

• IMG_20240817_222144.jpg
    IMG_20240817_222144.jpg
    996.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm thinking of going tomorrow for more shampoo. I did like it, and it has no sodium laureth sulphate, and my scalp is calm so far. Checked the website and it has been removed, I'll take my chances. The body scrub is meh imo.

Latest posts

Back