Advanced Orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Is anyone else getting fed up with the fact that more and more products seem to be sold on advanced orders? I don't always know two weeks in advance of when I'm going to run out of something, so placing an order and finding out I can't have it for x number of weeks is irritating. Is this what I used to know as "just in time processing" so that QVC don't have to pay out in advance for stock to sit in their warehouse? During the Doll10 and Benefit shows, there were four items I was interested in, including the so-called Big Launch from Benefit, and the soonest they could supply would be the 4th of July. Why bother? Wait until then and launch it, surely? They can't manage it properly anyway - you get no warning of when things are being despatched (and it's easy to forget and wonder where your bank balance went!) and they don't tell you if the dates change. Humbug!

Is anyone else getting fed up with the fact that more and more products seem to be sold on advanced orders? I don't always know two weeks in advance of when I'm going to run out of something, so placing an order and finding out I can't have it for x number of weeks is irritating. Is this what I used to know as "just in time processing" so that QVC don't have to pay out in advance for stock to sit in their warehouse? During the Doll10 and Benefit shows, there were four items I was interested in, including the so-called Big Launch from Benefit, and the soonest they could supply would be the 4th of July. Why bother? Wait until then and launch it, surely? They can't manage it properly anyway - you get no warning of when things are being despatched (and it's easy to forget and wonder where your bank balance went!) and they don't tell you if the dates change. Humbug!

Seems like not just the people who look after the website are not up to the job. They used to boast that all the TSVs were negotiated over a year in advance, and surely they must be negotiating the other products in advance as well... if they had a stock management system that was any good they should be able to see their sales trends and plan properly to ensure products would be available in time to be despatched immediately orders are placed on the item, whether on the website or phone lines or app.

I suspect it boils down to poor planning and unwillingness to pay a premium to get a rush order in when stocks run low. And getting into that situation in the first place comes down to where their focus is - which seems to be social media interaction and zelebrity endorsements. Doing what they are supposed to do in a competent manner seems to be sliding down the priority list.

I like advanced orders as I have a couple of days to cool off and cancel the order. I loved cheque payments, one could even read the reviews for new items and make up their mind.

I'm the same Marina but I also agree with Moth that for new product launches why not wait a week and have them ready to ship immediately?

What I find most annoying about advanced orders and also auto-delivery drops is when they still manage to f*** up the timing or the stock levels. They have advanced notice of the exact stock required to fulfil these orders so how can they still get it wrong and then have to send out those BS "we detected a quality issue" letters, to folk who confidently expected their delivery would arrive!

My bug with advanced orders is that they often send them out before they originally said they would so you might not have budgeted accordingly.

I suspect that advance orders now are about finance ie a small stock can be held and extra stock is only bought to fufill the advanced orders

Latest posts

Back