Advanced orders- not amused!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Samsmum

Registered Shopper
Ordered some Liz Earle on advanced order during the mini series because it wasnt due in stock until the 7th December and I get paid at the end of Nov only to find the money had been taken already! I called the customer services to be told it is back in stock! So where did they get 7 th December from? Whilst I realise that it is only a guide, why did Alison Young say ' if you're holding back because your payday isn't yet, why not order now while the item is on easy pay?' Grrrrr! Not so cheap with the bank charges added on!

I think they should stop saying that you can order now on advanced orders and the money will be taken after payday, so many people get caught out.

If you can prove they actually said that (with a specific date mentioned) then you could ask Q to refund your bank charges or you will report them to ASA.

I always record all the presentations (and keep them) for items that I buy, in case they have made misleading statements.

I still have some recordings of Abbi Horne's lies about the View Quest radios.

I miss cheque hold. Used to save me a fortune by giving me time to give myself a stern talking to, haha.

good old cheaque hold. me and my sister literally cried real tears when qvc stopped it

This is happening more and more often lately.

Some of the presenters do mention it now, but not all of the time. If it wasn't mentioned during the presentation that the item may be despatched sooner then you have a case for getting your money back, but they'd want you to send the item back for that. Also QVC take so long with refunds that you'll probably have been paid anyway by the time they get your money back to you!

I would bet QVC will have it written down in their T&C's on the website somewhere about advanced orders being despatched sooner than the stated date, trouble is who is reasonably going to sit and read T&C's on a website before making the decision to buy something from a shopping channel, when often you need to make a decision ASAP as the item may sell out.

I've lost count at how many times this has happened to me, I've stopped ordering on advanced orders now unless its something i really, really need/want... thankfully I've never had the bank charges, but it does really tick me off when they send it early, especially if you order today for advanced orders in like 3/4 weeks time and then its dispatched the next day.

I had a phone call,automated,about 3 days ago,to say that the Elemis frangipani TSV would be sent out week commencing 30th November.
That was also the information given on the day of the TSV.
It arrived yesterday!!!

This is happening more and more often lately.

Some of the presenters do mention it now, but not all of the time. If it wasn't mentioned during the presentation that the item may be despatched sooner then you have a case for getting your money back, but they'd want you to send the item back for that. Also QVC take so long with refunds that you'll probably have been paid anyway by the time they get your money back to you!

I would bet QVC will have it written down in their T&C's on the website somewhere about advanced orders being despatched sooner than the stated date, trouble is who is reasonably going to sit and read T&C's on a website before making the decision to buy something from a shopping channel, when often you need to make a decision ASAP as the item may sell out.

Exactly! I've been a QVC customer for nearly 20 years and so I'm well aware of the 'rules' regarding advanced orders- but if you've no idea when they're going to be dipping into your bank account then what is the point in even going there?! In future I shall just wait until/ if the item comes back into stock and take my chances! I've had it with the whole advanced order cobblers- too unpredictable!

I had a phone call,automated,about 3 days ago,to say that the Elemis frangipani TSV would be sent out week commencing 30th November.
That was also the information given on the day of the TSV.
It arrived yesterday!!!

Time travel?

All the below is based purely on my observation, not on any direct knowledge:

QVC's process seems to be so automated... when all the units in stock have been reserved - in someone's basket on the website, reserved while you wait for an operator to take your order, sales which have completed on all platforms (phone, q-cut, app, website) - that's when the "sold out" balloon goes up. BUT after the hour, or during the hour if an early sell-out - you'll get the ones dropping out of the basket, the bods hanging up before they speak to the operator, the bods ringing up and cancelling, the ones where there is a problem with their card. So all those sold out units aren't sold out. These will then be allocated until they are gone (or until they are all matched up) to the people who have placed an advance order.

After that, any quick returns, returned with no delivery items will be allocated to the advanced order queue... all often well ahead of the date any new stock is due in.

Then the kicker... if you went on waitlist as opposed to advanced orders - you won't be automatically allocated anything, in my experience. This is despite the load of cobblers the presenters tell you about being in a vip priority queue for when it's back in stock. This seems to be a case of waitlist not being covered by any commitment from QVC. This is especially likely to happen if the price has gone up since you went on waitlist.

They seem to be becoming as slipshod with Advanced (sic) orders... and blaming it on the brand, not their own processes.

Latest posts

Back