Additional sales

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss Ellie

Registered Shopper
It struck me that it would be a good idea for the channel to give details of what the models are wearing during jewellery or handbag shows. Just watching the Tignanello show, I liked a top that DebraAnn was wearing. Assuming it is a QVC item and in stock, they could put on screen the item number. I expect there is a reason why they don't do that, but it would be a good opportunity for further sales.

Intresting point, however 'The Gallery' and 'On Air Assistants' have enough trouble getting the right details/graphics of sizes, colours, availability etc., correct on screen, of featured product, without extra related sale merchandise info to complicate the already confused viewer.

Quite! Before the new spamfangled screen it could have worked - but I do think presenters should be au fait with colours of products. It's not good enough to be saying 'this one's nude - no it isn't, we're calling this honey'. It's sloppy. I'd still like details of what the models are wearing somehow, maybe on the item's page?

They already do it sometimes though, don't they. I've seen a thing across the screen saying 'the model is wearing...', or 'whatever presenter it is is wearing...'.

They already do it sometimes though, don't they. I've seen a thing across the screen saying 'the model is wearing...', or 'whatever presenter it is is wearing...'.

Ah yes sometimes the presenter does say that viewers have been asking about nail colour or a garment they or the model is wearing, but I've found that hardly ever happens, unless it has and I've missed it.

I think the models and presenters often wear their own clothes bought from outside Q and Q wouldn`t want to signpost customers to other businesses. On Q`s facebook page people regularly ask about a presenter or models clothes and accessories and Q answer if the item can be bought from them but they have a stock reply they often wheel out if the item is from elsewhere. Something along the lines of " the dress model X is wearing is her own and we do not have further details ". Now and again but rarely, they will give details about a presenter item of clothing which has been bought from the DHS pr another web company but they`re few and far between.

Ah yes sometimes the presenter does say that viewers have been asking about nail colour or a garment they or the model is wearing, but I've found that hardly ever happens, unless it has and I've missed it.

They often put the details on the bottom of the screen.

It was a genuine question but I clearly don't watch QVC as much as other people because I've hardly seen any of these references. Thanks everyone.

The main problem is.........people do ask on facebook what is so and so wearing can I buy it? Only to have the reply its the models or presenter's own stuff. I have seen across the bottom of the screen referrals to other items being worn.

I think the problem is consistency. Where the models are wearing other QVC items for the shows (be it a jewellery, shoe or handbag show, they should expect there will be interest going beyond the products being sold and should flash up the other QVC products which are being sold. They could also show similar items to the ones models are wearing if these are not QVC stuff. Basic sales, surely? Upselling beyond the immediate product being promoted. It's been a while since I worked in sales, but I was always told to upsell (recommending other products which go alongside the product the customer asked about) where possible.

It would require them to get their act together more than they do today. When you look at a product on the website there is on the right hand side a "you may like" but it usually shows similar products to the one you looked at - never complementary products.

This is one area where Debbie Flint is undoubtedly very strong. She often prompts the behind the scenes bods to put up details of products, and sometimes (like with a Kipling bag and a Centigrade TSV in similar colours) getting the product out so she could show how well they go together. In this respect, I find her very professional and well-prepared. I just want her to bin the endless self-promotion, permanent attachment to iPad. I filter out the hard sell (buy two, buy three, don't miss out, get yours now etc).

I also think it would be extremely interesting if QVC insisted all the female presenters had to be dressed top to toe in QVC fashion (including shoes)... that would get rid of the deadly toe-posts Julia loves so much, and also Debbie's white peep-toe wedges, as well as the more monstrous shoes Jill Franks loves amongst others. It might then force them to look for a wider range of fashion choices than they have today. Too many of their fashion ranges have very samey fashions.

Last year Julia presented a series of shows which featured full outfits from top to toe and said if viewers liked the concept to let them know and they could consider doing more of them.

TBH it really took someone like JR who is good with product details to stop a show like that from turning into a car crash.

I agree the presenters and models should wear all Q clothing and accessories whilst on air. If I sold Dior makeup and perfume in a store and a customer told me she liked my lipstick/eyeshadow/perfume or asked which type of Dior foundation I was using or something along those lines and I said, oh it isn`t Dior, it`s YSL or Chanel or Mally etc, then it certainly doesn`t bode well does it and certainly wouldn`t do sales figures any good.
Plus many of Q`s clothing ranges certainly don`t have it right and who better than presenters and models for giving feedback, especially if they have to wear Q clothing or accessories everyday.

Plus many of Q`s clothing ranges certainly don`t have it right

You're telling me - did anyone see DF on a shoe show the other day she looked like the Jolly Green Giant in that shirt she was wearing.

CC

I agree the presenters and models should wear all Q clothing and accessories whilst on air.

So Quacker Factory for Craig, Kim and Co (petite range) for Miceal and a lovely Ronnie Nicole frock for Charlie? ��

So Quacker Factory for Craig, Kim and Co (petite range) for Miceal and a lovely Ronnie Nicole frock for Charlie? ��

Why not lol ? I daresay Q have their fair share of cross dressers, transvestites etc who watch and would love to see Craigy in a frock !

Well, Simon Biagi made a shirt out of a NN duvet cover, didn't he? I remember him waxing lyrical about it when he was presenting a NN hour a few years ago now.

I can't really see the guys wearing polyester unless they are in a sports kit.

The men would have to be exempted until/unless QVC is going to go into men's fashion (actually, why do they even label it fashion?? the QVC US site calls it apparel - which is more accurate). Last time I saw any items aimed at men was on a Trespass show, and they had a rather attractive model :mysmilie_12:. That's another brand that has quietly departed too.

Latest posts

Back