Actifry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I phoned IW using the number on the back of the receipt (for items over £100) explained the problem and they told to pack it up and they will send a courier to collect it on Tuesday.
The actifly just did not suit my needs, but is was presented so enthusiastically that I ordered it half asleep. However, it will not stop me from ordering from IW in the future, as they were clear with their p&p charges compared to being misled by QVC. Hope you are successful.

I have had 3 actifry machines. Two white ones bought from Argos. Returned the first one after three months cos the lid catch had broken. They replaced it without hesitation and within three months I returned the second one for the same reason. Full refund given. Because I loved cooking with this machine, it is quick, healthy, no smelly kitchen, I decided to bite the bullet and bought another one, this time the black one, which I thought was an upgrade. Paid £149.99. No regrets until last week, nine months after purchase, the lid catch has split and there is also a split in the lid itself. I contacted IW by e-mail and today received a phone call saying that I should contact the manufacturer under their warranty. After expressing my thoughts on this (bought from IW, return to IW!!) a collection has been arranged.

After the phone call I dialled 1471 to see if I could find out where the call came from. This number 02072098093 I believe is a UK based number and I checked it out on the web and it is listed as a telepest number!!!

I now await the decision from IW as to whether a refund will be given, a repair made, or a replacement received. As this was a pick of the day (normal price was around £169.99) I doubt it. And can anyone please tell me why, after collection of the goods, it takes 14/21 days to sort it out.:devil::devil:

IW have the right to examine any returned goods before issuing a refund/warranty claim. This also applies to any company to which you have returned goods for and they can decide the best course of action. That may include an inspection by the manufacturer.

There really isn't a time limit but you should have at least get an acknowledgement that the goods have been received. At the latest, give them 28 days for an answer.

The good news is that in response to a call for a wider range of products IW are now flogging the Phillips Airfryer! :yawn:

Latest posts

Back