Acer tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"Re the battery life, I can't really comment because - as I do with my laptop - I always have the power supply connected to preserve the battery life." Louise.

Hi Louise. I can't remember if I read it in the manual that came with my laptop or if someone told me, but I thought that to prolong the life of a battery it should be completely run down every so often. I used to do that once a month and then had 2 spells in hospital and got out of the habit. The last time when I was recuperating I had to use the laptop using the battery and discovered that it only lasted about half an hour. I would be interested if one of the computer experts on this forum could tell me if that would be because I hadn't been running it down or whether it would just be because the battery was older.

Yup its recognised practice to discharge batteries every so often. Also what is very important is to fully charge, use and then repeat, a new laptop battery to ensure it holds the most charge possible for the longest time too!

Oh I will just add that some authorities will say that the above is no longer necessary whilst others will say the opposite!! :O/

Last edited:
um I'm one of those who think its un-necessary to completely discharge it on a regular basis. I read somewhere that moderm batteries just need to be recharged whenever and the initial charging/conditioning is crucial to a long life. It does however depend on the type of battery you have. Lthium-ion doesn't need the discharge as it doesn't suffer from the memory effect that the older NiMh have.

easy pay should be on at midnight but here we go

Acer 5750 15.6" Intel Core i5 Laptop w/ 6GB RAM 750GB HDD, Blu-ray AVG Security
Item Number: 565507
QVC Price £693.50
Today's Special Value Price £599.96
Availability In stock
UK P&P £9.95

Acer Aspire 5750 notebook with a 15.6" display, Core i5 processor, 6GB RAM and Blu-ray player. Features a high-speed Core i5 processor, built-in webcam, AVG Internet Security and HDMI output to play Blu-ray movies on your HDTV. This powerful, slim profile laptop computer is perfect for all your multimedia, gaming and web browsing needs.
Enjoy stunning Blu-ray quality on the HD laptop screen or hooked up to a HD television for a blockbuster experience in your own home.

Run multiple applications without affecting performance with the Core i5 processor and a huge 6GB RAM.

The large 750GB hard drive provides plenty of space to store your documents, family photos, favourite songs, holiday clips and more.

Keep in touch with family and friends with the help of the 1.3MP integrated webcam. Perfect for video-calling, the built-in camera helps you connect with your loved ones wherever they are.

Browse the web safely with a one year subscription to AVG Internet Security, which defends your PC against viruses and protects your confidential information.

Scroll through web pages, rotate and zoom into photos and flip between applications smoothly and intuitively, using the ingenious multi-gesture touchpad shortcuts.

The slim profile design, sleek finish and the selection of colours options make the Acer Aspire 5750 a stylish and colourful laptop that's easy to take with you on the move.

If you're upgrading from an older laptop that you don't need any more, you could trade in your older device for cash. Find out how.

If you have any difficulties with setup and beyond, the Talk Me Through It team will be on hand with all the gadget advice and support you'll need. Find out more…

Technical specifications:

* Display: 15.6" HD Acer CineCrystal widescreen LCD with LED backlighting (1366 x 768)
* Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M (2.3GHz; 2.9GHz max turbo frequency; 3MB Smart cache; dual core)
* Memory: 6GB RAM DDR3
* Hard drive: 750GB
* Optical drive: Blu-ray disc/Super-Multi DL combo drive
* Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 128MB dedicated system memory supporting Microsoft DirectX 10.1
* Card reader: 5-in-1 built in (SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)
* Wi-Fi: Acer InviLink Nplify 802.11b/g/n
* Audio: Dolby Advanced Audio v2 Virtual Surround Sound System
* Webcam: 1.5MP
* Battery: six cell li-ion (up to 4.5 hours battery life)
* Dimensions (h x w x d): 3.3cm x 38.2cm x 25.3cm
* Weight: 2.6kg

Input/output

* 3 x USB 2.0
* 1 x HDMI out
* 1 x VGA
* 1 x headphone/speaker jack
* 1 x microphone-in jack
* 1 x Ethernet (RJ-45)
* 1 x DC-in jack for AC adaptor

Software

* Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* Adobe Flash Player 10.1
* Adobe Reader 9.1
* Microsoft Office 2010 pre-loaded (product key purchase required to activate)
* Microsoft Office Starter 2010
* McAfee Internet Security Suite Trial
* Acer Crystal Eye
* Microsoft Silverlight
* AVG Internet Protection software download card - one year's protection for one PC

PC Essentials Software Bundle download card

* Cook'n Recipe Organizer 9
* Corel Office
* Easy Video Editor 3.0
* Family Tree Heritage
* PagePlus Essentials
* PhotoPlus Essentials
* Stuffit Deluxe 2010
* Trust Connect
* WebPlus Essentials
* World's Best Board Games

What's in the box?

* Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
* Power lead
* Quick start leaflet
* Battery

Added value

* AVG Internet Protection software download card - one year's protection for one PC
* PC Essentials Software Bundle download card

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.565507

For a £600 laptop, it should have a far better battery, than just giving you 4 1/2 hours & also more than 2 USB's! :bandit:
ps.. Have just noticed it says 3 USB's in the list above, but Lee definitely showed only 2 USB's in close up..

Last edited:
um I'm one of those who think its un-necessary to completely discharge it on a regular basis.

Same here,its just a pity there is so much conflicting information out there from all the big players!

For a £600 laptop, it should have a far better battery, than just giving you 4 1/2 hours & also more than 2 USB's! :bandit:
ps.. Have just noticed it says 3 USB's in the list above, but Lee definitely showed only 2 USB's in close up..

The 3rd USB is on the otherside next to the HDMI port

Interesting! I have been quite pleased with my acer netbook until the last couple of days. It has started to run slowly and sometimes it takes so long for the page to load, that I give up. That ought not to happen with a machine that is brand new, so if the performance doesn't improve, it will be going back. How quickly a situation can change.

Just a thought, could it have been the internet connection made the pages load slowly?

I get the feeling this is expensive! For that sort of money I'd only consider a 17" screen size. Was there any mention of a warranty period? As in one or two years.

Personally I was quite underwhelmed by this laptop. At this price point I would expect at least 1 USB 3.0 Port and whats with all that awful software it came bundled with? I have never heard of any of it expct for AVG!

Personally I was quite underwhelmed by this laptop. At this price point I would expect at least 1 USB 3.0 Port and whats with all that awful software it came bundled with? I have never heard of any of it expct for AVG!

You must have heard of Microsoft Office :grin:

The software makers pay for their software to be on a PC so we end up with lots of rubbish that's not much good normally. And it slows down a computer a lot having things popping up you don't want - would be good to have an option to not have them.

This computer does have Microsoft Office 2010 pre-loaded...but you have to purchase the product key to activate the program which I think cost's around £90.

Latest posts

Back