Acer tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Sorry if this question has already been posted but does anyone know what the acer tsv willbe on saturday 30 July?

Probably a netbook or notebook computer.

They have already done the tablet to death. It makes me laugh when i see them saying it is the best thing since sliced bread. then you see QVC presenters using a Apple iPad to look at reviews on QVCs website. :)
I love my Apple products.

Saw it advertised on QVC but am interested in model number and spec. The netbook is brilliant, but I also want a new laptop and, despite my pre-purchase concerns, I find acer to be a comparably premium brand.

Probably a netbook or notebook computer.

They have already done the tablet to death. It makes me laugh when i see them saying it is the best thing since sliced bread. then you see QVC presenters using a Apple iPad to look at reviews on QVCs website. :)
I love my Apple products.

Another Apple fan here Simon!:clapping:

Wouldn't say Acer is a premium brand myself but a capable brand nonetheless. Would I buy one, probably not but if the price is right (and I need to) then definitely worth considering. Oh btw, there was a report going round saying that Acer have an overstock problem and are looking to reduce inventory asap. Meaning, there's going to be a lot of cheap Acer's on the market!

Wouldn't say Acer is a premium brand myself but a capable brand nonetheless. Would I buy one, probably not but if the price is right (and I need to) then definitely worth considering. Oh btw, there was a report going round saying that Acer have an overstock problem and are looking to reduce inventory asap. Meaning, there's going to be a lot of cheap Acer's on the market!

Interesting! I have been quite pleased with my acer netbook until the last couple of days. It has started to run slowly and sometimes it takes so long for the page to load, that I give up. That ought not to happen with a machine that is brand new, so if the performance doesn't improve, it will be going back. How quickly a situation can change.

Last edited:

Hi Louise,
Missed out on the TSV and notice that it's now on an introductory price. Just wondered if you remember how much it was at the TSV price. Was it easy to set up ? As one of the reviewers said that they had trouble with the AVG security. Also what is the battery life like as some people are saying that it only last 4 or 6 hours.
Many thanks
T xx

Ian, you might know the answer to this - why dont they sell Arcos stuff anymore? Ta

Archos are having to realign their product strategy from what is a music/video portable device to an all purpose tablet. That market is getting crowded and quite fierce and the competitors are probably giving better deals to QVC to get them on air.

Just looking at the Archos website now, they've got some interesting products there heading towards convergence of media and devices.

I'll be interested in this TSV, I'm on the lookout for a new laptop, my Acer is a couple of years old and has got so much craft stuff on it that it is starting to run slower than it was. I've seen an HP laptop with 4GB memory and 500GB hard drive for £299 which is a great price, I'm not particularily computer savvy so not too sure what I should look for when buying one, all I know is I need more space to store craft stuff, yes I know I should store it all on an external hard drive but that seems a step too far for a technophobe.

I'll be interested in this TSV, I'm on the lookout for a new laptop, my Acer is a couple of years old and has got so much craft stuff on it that it is starting to run slower than it was. I've seen an HP laptop with 4GB memory and 500GB hard drive for £299 which is a great price, I'm not particularily computer savvy so not too sure what I should look for when buying one, all I know is I need more space to store craft stuff, yes I know I should store it all on an external hard drive but that seems a step too far for a technophobe.
That does seem a good deal! Make sure you do a bit of research on the model number you're after (Google it) & read some reviews.. Also get a dual core processor, will be able to handle things easier.. Also, take a look at John Lewis - you get a 2 year warranty with them x

Hi Louise,
Missed out on the TSV and notice that it's now on an introductory price. Just wondered if you remember how much it was at the TSV price. Was it easy to set up ? As one of the reviewers said that they had trouble with the AVG security. Also what is the battery life like as some people are saying that it only last 4 or 6 hours.
Many thanks
T xx

Tabatha
£219 I paid at tsv price + £9.95 p+p. I am quite a tecchie person but, for anyone who isn't, it is an absolute doddle to set up. Initially, I had a little difficulty registering the AVG but didn't need help from Acer to do so and it is now up and running. I would strongly recommend that, if you are considering purchasing this netbook - or any other computer - QVC's security blanket MBG is a godsend. Mine has begun to operate a little slowly so I will wait until the 30 days is up before deciding whether to keep it or not. Re the battery life, I can't really comment because - as I do with my laptop - I always have the power supply connected to preserve the battery life. Also, if you haven't had a netbook before, a disk drive is more important to the machine than Lee would have us believe. To connect a printer, for example, you have to download software. I much prefer having one, but I have my laptop for that. If you want to lay off getting it for now, I will update as to whether I keep it or not, and what finalised my decision. Aesthetically, it is a beautiful machine and so nifty. Of course you don't get the same spec as with a laptop, but you know that before buying. Overall, a netbook is a good buy. I got the white option and I love the appearance of it.
let us know what you decide to do.
BTW, Debs let me know that the acer laptop tsv this weekend is really high spec, so keep your eyes open for that. I'm looking for a new one!
Louise.

a clue for you all

Acer Aspire 5750 15.6" Notebook with Intel Core i5 (Dual Core) Processor, Win 7 Home Premium, 6GB, 750GB, Blu Ray and AVG Antivirus for around £599.98

I'm looking for one with blu - ray and this seems an ideal option at a great price. If anything stops me from splashing out, it will be the p+p. £19.95 is too much for a laptop. I do believe that when you are spending that kind of money with them QVC, as does Bose, should do free p+p or p+p included.

Tabatha
£219 I paid at tsv price + £9.95 p+p. I am quite a tecchie person but, for anyone who isn't, it is an absolute doddle to set up. Initially, I had a little difficulty registering the AVG but didn't need help from Acer to do so and it is now up and running. I would strongly recommend that, if you are considering purchasing this netbook - or any other computer - QVC's security blanket MBG is a godsend. Mine has begun to operate a little slowly so I will wait until the 30 days is up before deciding whether to keep it or not. Re the battery life, I can't really comment because - as I do with my laptop - I always have the power supply connected to preserve the battery life. Also, if you haven't had a netbook before, a disk drive is more important to the machine than Lee would have us believe. To connect a printer, for example, you have to download software. I much prefer having one, but I have my laptop for that. If you want to lay off getting it for now, I will update as to whether I keep it or not, and what finalised my decision. Aesthetically, it is a beautiful machine and so nifty. Of course you don't get the same spec as with a laptop, but you know that before buying. Overall, a netbook is a good buy. I got the white option and I love the appearance of it.
BTW, Debs let me know that the acer laptop tsv this weekend is really high spec, so keep your eyes open for that. I'm looking for a new one!
Louise.
Louise, if you keep your Acer, consider upgrading your RAM to 2gb.. Most netbooks just come with 1gb.. Depending on model, may cost around £15 to buy the memory chip - would really improve things too :bandit:

Tabatha
Louise.

Thanks for that Louise - I'm in two minds now !!

The only good thing is the 30 MBG so I might give it a go. Thanks again.

The Acer seems to be a good price for the specs it's got but just can't stretch to that much, if it's on easy pay I may be tempted but won't be happy with extortionate p&p though, in fact if p&p is too high it could put me off buying it.

Latest posts

Back