Acer Laptop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gerry865

Registered Shopper
I purchased an Acer laptop last August, when it was a TSV, and would like to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not get the windows sign to upgrade, so I started trying to get the laptop to upgrade, but on investigation I have found that the version of Windows 8 on this laptop is a version that will not upgrade to Windows 10, unlike my other laptop (an HP, also bought from QVC), so beware when buying a laptop that the operating system is a fully functioning version.

I bought the acer TSV in July from QVC but don't know how to upgrade to the 10
It says I need to reserve it and get the App :confused:

Can someone help?

Yes, I got that email from Microsoft.

But then HP emailed me about updating and how to do it. I have kept the email but not done it yet.

The email from HP, I don't want to click as it says Upgrade now.

Here is the link from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-10-upgrade

I haven't got the Windows symbol yet, but HP are letting me update now.

Again email Acer and ask.

I think perhaps Microsoft and doing it in batches.

I have updated my HP laptop to Windows 10 and I have emailed Acer, but not received a reply yet.

Last edited:
I bought the acer TSV in July from QVC but don't know how to upgrade to the 10
It says I need to reserve it and get the App :confused:

Can someone help?

There should be a windows image on the task bar at the bottom near where the battery life/ wifi icons are , Click on that and follow the steps if you have it :)

There should be a windows image on the task bar at the bottom near where the battery life/ wifi icons are , Click on that and follow the steps if you have it :)

I bought a new Acer laptop just a week before the Windows upgrade so didn't have the icon on the task bar. All the online Q&As didn't help me. In the end I just clicked on 'Windows Updates' and after it updated I had the icon.

I bought a new Acer laptop just a week before the Windows upgrade so didn't have the icon on the task bar. All the online Q&As didn't help me. In the end I just clicked on 'Windows Updates' and after it updated I had the icon.

My laptop is around 2 yrs old and it just appeared on the task bar one day lol didnt even know what it was for a few weeks lol

I sell computers and have,thus far, not had any difficulty upgrading customers' 8.1 laptops, to windows 10.

I purchased an Acer laptop last August, when it was a TSV, and would like to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not get the windows sign to upgrade, so I started trying to get the laptop to upgrade, but on investigation I have found that the version of Windows 8 on this laptop is a version that will not upgrade to Windows 10, unlike my other laptop (an HP, also bought from QVC), so beware when buying a laptop that the operating system is a fully functioning version.

Where did that info come from?

I have tried to update to Windows 8.1, but the product key on the laptop, will not let me install a retail version of Windows 8.1, so I cannot update without purchasing a Windows 8.1 update.

There isn't a windows image on the task bar beside the battery icon?

where do you click windows updates?

where do you click windows updates

I've updated to Windows 10 now so can't look back to see how it's done in earlier Windows. Bit I've searched on line and this is what I've found:

'To check for Windows updates

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click the message to view and select the important updates to install.

4.In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.

5.Click Install updates.

Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish if the update requires it. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.'

Hope the above helps.

I've updated to Windows 10 now so can't look back to see how it's done in earlier Windows. Bit I've searched on line and this is what I've found:

'To check for Windows updates

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click the message to view and select the important updates to install.

4.In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.

5.Click Install updates.

Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish if the update requires it. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.'

Hope the above helps.

Thanks, I searched for windows updates & it said there were no updates
so I restarted my computer just in case!
and when I switched it back on the windows icon was next to the battery icon
so I have reserved my update now which should happen in a few days I think it said
Thanks again :mysmilie_59:

Thanks, I searched for windows updates & it said there were no updates
so I restarted my computer just in case!
and when I switched it back on the windows icon was next to the battery icon
so I have reserved my update now which should happen in a few days I think it said
Thanks again :mysmilie_59:

Try going to windows update again now , My OH had the icon and said they would notify him when the update was ready but he went straight to windows update and it was there ready to download :)

Latest posts

Back