Accents.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cymru am byth I say. There are more of us on here than I thought. I'm a Pontsticill girl (try saying that after a few g & t's). I think Ruth Jones would be a brilliant presenter or Stacey as in Gav and Stacey.

we NEED some Yorkshire on Q

Burlz I think us Yorkies may have blotted our copy book with Glen Campbell and Leighton Denny, there's no way we'd be given an actual literal permanent presenter now :giggle:. (I thought I'd got shot of Glen when I moved away from the YTV region and then he turns up like the proverbial bad penny on QVC. Emley Moor breathes a sigh of relief :grin:)

I'm as proud as the next white rose but let's face it between Richard Whiteley, Geoff Boycott and Harry Gration we can't claim that turning out presenters and commentators is our forte can we? Mind you, tha caa't be good at everything (and we are the best at *everything* else :cool:)

I'm from Workington in Cumbria. We are also a neglected county.

As a fellow Cumbrian now living in the south ( Manchester!) I agree but would the rest of the country understand?I met a lady on holiday a couple of years ago who was broad West Cumbrian it really took me back to my roots.We have Melvyn Bragg who still has traces of his Cumbrian beginnings ( Wigton)
On the Yorkshire front what about Leighton Denny?

or
Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred
Forces rhubarb in his garden shed

Childhood home had a neighbours garden that ran across the bottom of ours and owner had a greenhouse. Mum tending to our raspberries one day heard water splashing. Looking through the fence she saw him peeing on his tomatoes. :eek:

Childhood home had a neighbours garden that ran across the bottom of ours and owner had a greenhouse. Mum tending to our raspberries one day heard water splashing. Looking through the fence she saw him peeing on his tomatoes. :eek:

True Yorkshireman-waste not, want not. I had an aunt who used to water the lawn with her own diluted urine! Her lawn was the greenest I've ever seen. Can't remember how it smelled though!

Latest posts

Back