Accents.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No East Anglian accents either - nothing wrong with a good bit of Nooooooooorfolk or Suuuuuuuuufolk to my mind.

Adrian Chiles just been kicked off ITV's morning show, so I doubt QVC will introduce a brummie accent as the show flopped. He should have stuck to the One Show instead of taking umbridge when Chris Evans came in on Fridays.

I definitely think Claire is from Doncaster...although elecution lessons have gotten rid of any ee by gums.

I'm a Yorkshire lass and proud of it.

Adrian Chiles just been kicked off ITV's morning show, so I doubt QVC will introduce a brummie accent as the show flopped. He should have stuck to the One Show instead of taking umbridge when Chris Evans came in on Fridays.

I love that man and I think he would go down a treat presenting fashion with Glen Campbell or even a beauty show with gobby. Mind, I am biased being a fellow Baggie and from West Brom. He doesn't really have a Brummie accent either - definately more Black Country but only the local natives would know the difference! :cheeky:

Last edited:
Nobody from Northern Ireland either - unless the Morphy Richards guest the other day counts? Christine Bleakley has ruined our lovley lilt for ever i fear!!

Nobody from Northern Ireland either - unless the Morphy Richards guest the other day counts? Christine Bleakley has ruined our lovley lilt for ever i fear!!

When Miceal was interviewing Barry McGuigan he said he (Miceal) was from a border town in Northern Ireland (McGuigan being from a border town in the Republic).

When Miceal was interviewing Barry McGuigan he said he (Miceal) was from a border town in Northern Ireland (McGuigan being from a border town in the Republic).

Oh thats interesting! He sounds more southern than northern to me but i guess its like that closer to the "border"

The Outlaws live near Manchester, Cheshire they'd point out! It's the Man City connection that confused you Ali...most of their fans are from Manchester as my OH and DS are! I'm steeling myself for the Xmas visit to the Outlaws: Mr Akimbo and I are staying in a hotel and the kids with their Manc mates (so as not to put the Mother-in-law to any trouble you understand!). Even so we'll be subjected to several hours of their nauseous medical details over a tea of pink meat* and salad.

Jude xx

Pink meat = anything cold pink and flaccid of animal origin: ham, spam, tongue etc presented for Christmas High Tea at my Nana's in Harrogate Christmas Day, Boxing Day etc until it was all gone! Thanks Goodness for the calories (and booze) in her Christmas Cake (made in September and laced with a dose of brandy everday for 3 months).

As opposed to most Man U fans - who are as a rule are from anywhere but.... :giggle:
Hoorah for Nana's Christmas Cake. Hic. :wink:

The hours of fun I'd have with that TSV, and I wouldn't be using the 30 day MBG either :devil::grin:

Ok, numpty from South Wales here....what is the Welsh connection with the One show, and who is Rod Gilbert? As a South Walian, we have many, many talented hunks (i.e real men) to be proud of: Richard Burton (born in the next village to me!), Anthony Hopkins (went to my school, obviously a long time before me!), Michael Sheen (same town), Rob Brydon (ok, he's no hunk but damn he's funny! - same town again)...the list goes on.....and who could forget our Tom?!! :heart:

I think we definietly need a Welsh sing song voice on Le Q - Ruth Madoc is probably looking for a revival isn't she?! I can see it now....(to be read in a Welsh accent!) "Morning campers, and today we have a rather fabulous polyster blazer, in a wonderful shade of canary yellow, for you like, and it's ****** gorgeous aye mun innit? You can wear it posh like, to the pub on a Saturday night with your sequin top from the market or, talking of markets, you could even wear it with your jeans for going to Splott market on a Sunday morning. You just know that the women will be looking at you and thinking "she thinks she's cowin lush in that new jacket"......" :tongue:

Alex Jones who co-presents the One Show is from South Wales, and Rhod Gilbert is the comedian, Ask Rhod Gilbert show etc. From one Welsh numpty to another ;-) :rock:

Ah, I have heard of Alex Jones but wasn't aware she was on The One Show - never seen it. And if she is presenting, never want to either!! lol I will have to Google Mr Gilbert then, never heard of him either! lol Seems we're all numpties down our way eh?!! hehe!!

That's it butt! You tell 'em.
'I'm Kardiff born, Kardiff bred, and when I die's I'll be Kardiff dead' lol

Latest posts

Back