Absolutely raging and gutted!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's the thing about the 30 mbg. I bet some people get these bags and go on a few nights out with them, then send them back, and qvc, just send them out to the next person buying the item. I bet the same thing happens with clothes too. People buy them for some occasion like a wedding or a night out and the return them, qvc then send them back out without checking.

When I returned my two Eva's due to damage and wanted one replaced ASAP due to an impending night out, I was told 14 days!! I cancelled. Are they serious? They are about 20 years behind everyone else!

Why do we do it? I know the reason I buy some of my LG with them is sometimes easy payments and the bags they make especially. Like the Amelia, I much prefer the patent one they did for Q than the one she sells in her shop.

I hope you get your Jenny asap RFR. I have had 3 in the past and it's a gorgeous bag. I think there are some still on LG direct if you don't need to take advantage of the 30day mbg/easy payments/or need a specific colour only Q sell.

http://www.luluguinness.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=jenny

Last edited:
Lol Akimbo I am too nervous to visit there when go back oop north to see the rellies. It's this forum's fault. Scary place.

There's absolutely nothing scary about it WG, seriously. I've been loads and loads of times and have never seen any of the cat fights and squabbles that got mentioned on here, there are never usually that many people in there.

It will get worse after Christmas because of the extended mbg. People will have had twice as long to use things so gawd knows what will be sent out to customers in February when they`re all returned. You`d probably find a turkey leg in some bags or a slice of Chistmas cake in a coat pocket !

When you think about it if someone was going to a Christmas or New Year party they could order the dress, shoes, bag, jewellery, perfume and cosmetics, use the whole lot over Christmas and New year, package it all up and return the items and it will have cost them around 25 quid to use them all for the whole Christmas period. Naughty !

That's terrible, especially something that is meant to be a premium priced item. If it's patent leather it needs to be properly packaged. Returned items need to be thoroughly checked and then disposed of through the outlet shops not re sold as a brand new item to an unsuspecting customer.

I went to the Shrewsbury shop not long ago, it was my first time as I'm not in that part of the world and it was quite civilised however I arrived mid afternoon so maybe all the new stuff and pulling and shoving had already taken place!

That is terrible customer service I agree, I hate to digress from the topic but has anyone any ideas what the LG tsv may be? It's not far away but then I may just wait for the LG sale, at least I know I will be getting a brand new bag with appropriate packaging! Thanks

After being disgusted by this issue, and having spent time this morning warning friends not to buy LG from Q, I decided to look at the Q reviews and was surprised by the number of one star reviews LG gets on there. Some are about the packaging, which is down to QVC for some reason deciding a £300 bag needs less protection than hand creams, but also a lot are on the quality of the bags..... Could it be that Q are not selling the same quality bags Lulu sells in her shops? This is very intriguing......

Rather than making customers wait to get the goods back in the warehouse, they should offer refunds or replacements as soon as you can prove the courier has taken it. (I hear what you say about Butler and Wilson losing crystals too - my 'eye' ring is practically bald now!)

That is terrible customer service I agree, I hate to digress from the topic but has anyone any ideas what the LG tsv may be? It's not far away but then I may just wait for the LG sale, at least I know I will be getting a brand new bag with appropriate packaging! Thanks

LBA There's a thread speculating about the LG TSV - I don't think we know definitively what it is yet.

After being disgusted by this issue, and having spent time this morning warning friends not to buy LG from Q, I decided to look at the Q reviews and was surprised by the number of one star reviews LG gets on there. Some are about the packaging, which is down to QVC for some reason deciding a £300 bag needs less protection than hand creams, but also a lot are on the quality of the bags..... Could it be that Q are not selling the same quality bags Lulu sells in her shops? This is very intriguing......

There are "QVC special editions" sold only on QVC ( they tend to have the lips print lining rather than the striped if you want to avoid buying one on ebay). The ones I've bought seem to match the quality of the ones bought direct , however some of the QVC modifications might not suit some buyers - the small Eva TSV was supplied with a shoulder strap (a qvc request) but some reviews commented that it didn't sit right, but if like me you like a hand bag it was a good buy and I'll use the shoulder strap only when travelling if I need hands free for other baggage.

QVC are really making a false economy with the LG packaging, it might not put me off ordering again but I will be aware that the bag might have to be returned if it gets bashed in transit. They'll pay for the return in that case

Thanks Akimbo, I have not seen any thread on the upcoming tsv, which I thought a little strange but didn't want to start one off as thought it might trigger countless threads about LG and why people can't stand her or her bags etc! Each to their own and some of her stuff I would not buy myself, but I do love my Franka, Jenny bags etc, just hope it's not a little bag on a gold chain etc

Now I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity LBA, cos I can't find it now. Maybe I dreamt it!

I don't enjoy the comments about having more money than sense etc so I know what you mean!

As someone who does not personally buy Lulu G bags, I can see why do many people like them. They are not "me" that's all. I also quite like Lulu G herself. I think you should all be able to buy what you want-it's your money, your choice.

Been lurking for a while but had to post on this one. Both myself and my daughter have had Kipling bags that clearly had been used. Mine smelled if cigarette smoke and there were biro marks on the lining. How they have the nerve to sell them at full price as new is beyond me. I bought an LG tsv but after reading reviews on others, I decided I would never buy another one from Q. It makes you wonder what they do with earrings that are returned.

I remember you telling us Strat. Someone else got a coconut mushroom! We should re-affirm the old plan to include a teabag (unused) with any return to alert fellow forumites to the fact the product had been out to another buyer!

Been lurking for a while but had to post on this one. Both myself and my daughter have had Kipling bags that clearly had been used. Mine smelled if cigarette smoke and there were biro marks on the lining. How they have the nerve to sell them at full price as new is beyond me. I bought an LG tsv but after reading reviews on others, I decided I would never buy another one from Q. It makes you wonder what they do with earrings that are returned.

Welcome Puffin48,:mysmilie_357: Great first post :wave:

Imagine the melee at the Birchwood outlet if a Lulu bag were put out for sale, it'd be like Black Friday carnage! They're bad enough when the Kim & Co rail comes out!

I have actually seen Lulu bags at the Birchwood outlet. They were on a shelf behind the jewellery counter, I wasn't interested but rang my friend who dashed there - but she said there were about 8 bags and every single one was damaged or broken and even with the big reductions in price, it just wasn't worth it.

Latest posts

Back