AB Lounge TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wonder if if would hold many clothes as a clothes horse, somewhere to put my clothes after they have dried on the radiator!!! and with Rosalie now on the floor, she is not doing a proper crunch. She is actually trying to damage her neck as she is not lifting her shoulders off the ground!!!! Think I will lie over the side of my bed and try and do a crunch! Surely that would be a same motion. I must say though that Darth Vader's mother is not really the best QVC presenter to do this. No 1: She is breathless after reading the QVC number and price; she doesn't have a stomach to work on with the Ab lounge and finally, there is more meat on a butcher's apron than there is on that presenter's body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry proper rant there!:21:

It would make a good sun lounger too - stretch right back with your arms to get your pits brown while crunching your abs.

P.S. Jill F is actually and literally wheezing like a pair of old bellows on that treadmill, not a very good advert for it.

On a more serious note, they make no mention of any contra-indications of using it. JF's technique is rather jerky and could result in back trouble if anyone uses it in the same way. (sorry, that sounds a bit pompous but I don't know how to word it any better).

Linda

PS edited to comment on the "on-board computer" featured by the treadmill - really useful that you could check your e mails and browse the internet, do some shopping on QVC, all whilst exercising.

Last edited:
Competely agree with you Eric's Mum, she looked very awkward doing that Ab Crunch! Like the idea about sunning the armpits but there are two conditions though:
1: We need sun in order for that to happen; and
2: I just burn, so I can just imagine what sunburn on the armpits would be like!!! OUCH!!!

I would have liked this although reading your posts, it's maybe not the best piece of equipment if you don't know what you're doing?! I will stick with my pilates machine which has caused no injuries bar the one time I stood on it when the cords weren't in, the bench took off and I went head first in my open wardrobe. The thing that put me off the Ab thingie was the postage - why on earth would it cost £17.95 to post that to you????

I would have liked this although reading your posts, it's maybe not the best piece of equipment if you don't know what you're doing?! I will stick with my pilates machine which has caused no injuries bar the one time I stood on it when the cords weren't in, the bench took off and I went head first in my open wardrobe. The thing that put me off the Ab thingie was the postage - why on earth would it cost £17.95 to post that to you????

They have just added £10 to postage as this one also on qvc
Ab Lounge Elite Total Abdominal Workout System with 2 DVDs
item 431790
almost the same thing, has postage £7.95.

I'll be honest with you, i've bought a number of these workout gadgets before. The pilates machine ended up folded up behind garage door. Used to use it to air the towels instead of putting in tumble dryer. Now thats an expensive 'airer'. I Just didn't have the space to keep it out. I had all good intentions at first...

I think we all have a plethora of these workout machines. All tucked away in garages and spare rooms. We buy them and use for a few weeks (months if you are really good) and then they start to collect dust and clothes until they are resigned to the garage. Will we never learn. I put the tv on this morning and turned off immediately before I got talked into this one - with the 'you only need 10 minutes a day' etc. I don't have 10 minutes a day - too busy on the puter 'chatting' to you lot! LOL

And Rosey, isn't it a fantastic 10 minutes all the same communicating with friends and fellow shoppers! Think of all the calories that are burned off by typing, ranting and laughing!!!:11:

It's not a work out machine Jill Franks needs, it's a good meal. It cannot be good for her being that thin, no matter what she thinks. Another half stone in weight would do her the world of good.

I like the look of this piece of equipment and think the lady who demos it looks absolutely fab to say she is 47, she has the body of a much younger person and looking as good as that can wear anything she likes. The only thing that put me off about the ab lounger is the very high P and P!!

I have bought too many pieces of exercise equipment over the years and they were all a waste of money. Most have been given away, a couple are stored away and the Tony Little Gazelle encourages me to hang clothes on it ( it will be next to go ). The only worthwhile piece of equipment that we have is a very good treadmill. I am not able to use it but it is used daily by members of my family.

I think we all have a plethora of these workout machines. All tucked away in garages and spare rooms. We buy them and use for a few weeks (months if you are really good) and then they start to collect dust and clothes until they are resigned to the garage. Will we never learn. I put the tv on this morning and turned off immediately before I got talked into this one - with the 'you only need 10 minutes a day' etc. I don't have 10 minutes a day - too busy on the puter 'chatting' to you lot! LOL

I bought the leg magic years ago, I used it once and done myself an injury between the legs:32:. I gave it to a young girl just to get some room back in the house:1:.

I have bought too many pieces of exercise equipment over the years and they were all a waste of money. Most have been given away, a couple are stored away and the Tony Little Gazelle encourages me to hang clothes on it ( it will be next to go ). The only worthwhile piece of equipment that we have is a very good treadmill. I am not able to use it but it is used daily by members of my family.

My friend bought the TL Gazelle and everytime she tried to use it it slid along the floor and she used to get off it and pull it back and start again :4:.

I love my Tony little gazelle, ( to exercise on that is not to hang the washing on lol) I also like the stepper that he does. as for the Leg magic I love that too! Wish QVC would do a multigym as a tsv.

I only saw part of the presentation for this and all the models / presenter was doing was going up and down on it. To my mind, anyone thinking of inveseting in this would be better off buying a decent swiss (stability) ball - they cost about £30. You can do a multitude of exercises with those, not just for your core but your arms and legs as well - and if you get one that's very durable, you can use weights on it too (chest presses etc).

And Rosey, isn't it a fantastic 10 minutes all the same communicating with friends and fellow shoppers! Think of all the calories that are burned off by typing, ranting and laughing!!!:11:

...and just how much exercise our fingers get!:lol:

OMG - Craig demo-ing this now with 'PINK' trainers on - girly or what?

I take it no one is interested in buying this piece of exercise equipment.

Latest posts

Back