A Taste of Christmas TSV 09/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll have to own up here because I've just placed a pre-order for the 1kg box which will arrive mid November. It has the same contents as the tsv. It's cheaper 'cause it's half a kilo less and comes in a single large tin. It's still totally ridiculously priced (£23.45) for what it is, but I really want to try it, as it sounds right up my strasse (see what I did there?!) It's been available on pre order for quite a while, and I was tempted before but thought to myself "you're paying for the box here" and I don't need a box to add to all the clutter. I've got a decent cake/biscuit tin anyway-plus the fact it's xmassy which makes it even less useful for everyday life. I then remembered that I have tinsel, xmas baubles and bits thrown in an old carrier bag in the attic cupboard, so this box will be ideal for those. Yes the box will still live upstairs in the cupboard, but at least it will be useful.
I wish though that with these seasonal food offerings that they did sample boxes in basic packaging one could order a few months prior in order to try them out first - cause if I don't like them, it's an awful lot of money to spend on a box to store my tinsel isn't it?!

Does anyone actually pay those prices for pies on Q? I buy brilliant steak pies from butchers, baked on the premises, for a fraction of those prices if you’re ever in Pitlochry there’s a wonderful one up a side street off the main road through.

My problem with these boxes/tins of biscuits, etc, is to me everything inside tastes the same. Not just QVC’s offerings but from shops, too. Chocolates likewise, come to think of it (eg the stuff in big tins of Heroes nothing like a single bar from a shop). It’s like the flavours mingle when lots of different ones are sealed in together in an airtight container. I love the tins of shortbread M&S do at Christmas partly because it’s all just one shortbread so no cross-contamination! They’re cheaper, too - and while they may not be as “giftable” (sorry to use that silly QVC-type word), I‘d rather have one of those than three of the fancy tins from shops or the Q. Actually, as mentioned elsewhere, M&S’s novelty tins of biscuits are fantastic as gifts.

It’s Jilly H again on the TSV launch. No marshMELLOW this time but tonight she’s saying BelgIUM chocolate and that will make me scream nearly as much. That and the fact she will be sampling everything, making chomping sounds and telling us it’s delicious because that is soooo helpful (I mean thousands of people who haven’t yet decided whether to buy will be tuning in to see if she likes it!) mean I’m going for a bath.

PS Great result with your order, Toril! Don’t tell the baying mob on Facebook.
The Q's tat peddlers & guests all mangle the language, snooty Alexis with her BergamoNt has always driven me loopy & as for adding y onto words that don't need it :mad: My absolute horror is autumny, it's autumnal you ignorant people.

I’ll own up to just having ordered the TSV for gifts as I know the recipients don’t watch QVC ..... and they can do what they want with the empty tin.

I ordered via QCut, because the site was playing up, and instead of being charged £29.97 plus P&P, I’ve been charged £29.93 including the P&P. 😀 That amount is now pending in my bank account. I’ve taken a screen shot of my account, showing the cheaper amount, in case they argue about it and try to take the extra.
Well done Toril. Actually I rather like those tins, and you can’t beat having a good tin for bits and bobs! But I don’t like gingerbread so that’s me out.

I am sure Waitrose or M&S do something similar sounds lovely though says my very sweet tooth

The Q's tat peddlers & guests all mangle the language, snooty Alexis with her BergamoNt has always driven me loopy & as for adding y onto words that don't need it :mad: My absolute horror is autumny, it's autumnal you ignorant people.
Or “ortominal” as at least one says (eg Nails Inc guest, I think).

Latest posts

Back