A kipling fan?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
Are you one? I used to consider myself a HUGE one!

I think I'm so over kipling now - must be all these TSV's - haven't bought the last 2? 3? - and by the pictures,I don't want this one (I think!)

I don't feel I'm getting anything new or exciting from the TSV's now - and I think QVC are just relying the die hard fans to keep buying them - how can they justify so many tsv's from them?

I think I'm so over kipling now - must be all these TSV's - haven't bought the last 2? 3? - and by the pictures,I don't want this one (I think!)

I think I was 'over' Kipling in the 90s! lol
They were kinda cool when they first came out, a sort of well-kept secret & a bit of a niche market for those who didn't want to be dumped into any already existing specific classification as far as fashion styles went!

Since becoming more popular, their prices have shot up out of all proportion & I think they have actually become a little dull, as they aren't really a 'fashion' or 'designer' brand as such, just mass-produced nylon bags really, OK for work bags but I wouldn't carry one to make a statement nowadays! :thinking2:

I admit to being a kiplig fan. I have bought about 3 from QVC but most of mine come from The Bay. I have always been a handbag girl and over the last few years have gone for Kipling although until my last 2 I hadn't bought any for a couple of years. I can't really explain why I like them.

I wouldn't call me a 'fan' but I like their bags, particularly the leather ones. Good quality leather and lots of space.:up2:
I do not buy from qvc. They sell overpriced relics.

Last edited:
gor my one and only Kipling bag is from TKMax, it was old QVC stock, I paid £16.99p label said original price £39.00 so I was pleased. Like the bag but not enough to start paying big prices for what I consider to be practical day pieces.

i love my kipling bags as the bring out such a variety every season. at the mo i love biker jackets and leather trousers and patent boots. so my jamy patent in black looks great with all my leather bits.

i loved the rock heaven range as this to me looks so very designer.
above all they dont fall apart the zips are fantastic and most are really good at organising you.
i sippose that makes me a fan...

dont do basic though.

I hate the basic range (apart from the one that is my dog walking bag!!!) but love love love the leather ones, city, hip and rock heaven styles. I was really hoping that the TSV wouldn't be another (yawn, yawn) basic one! The velvet Katies ones (I think last Xmas's TSV) were gorge - I got grey and purple - excellent colours as are even more on trend this year than last!

I think I was 'over' Kipling in the 90s! lol
They were kinda cool when they first came out, a sort of well-kept secret & a bit of a niche market for those who didn't want to be dumped into any already existing specific classification as far as fashion styles went!

Since becoming more popular, their prices have shot up out of all proportion & I think they have actually become a little dull, as they aren't really a 'fashion' or 'designer' brand as such, just mass-produced nylon bags really, OK for work bags but I wouldn't carry one to make a statement nowadays! :thinking2:
I am with you KwC and use mine happily for work, but something else for going out. They make great shopping bags though, the ballon bag is fab for that.

I've got 5 bags in various colours and sizes from the basic range but only 2 were from QVC as OTOs, the others were from a local independant shop in the sale. The shop has now sadly closed down. I like them for work and casual weekends because they are so light to carry and easy to clean but I wouldn't use them for going out, they are my "work-horse" bags.

I am with you KwC and use mine happily for work, but something else for going out. They make great shopping bags though, the ballon bag is fab for that.

I did buy eldest DD the last TSV, just as an everyday bag & even though it's by no means the biggest bag they do, she was impressed at just how much stuff she could cram into it on a recent shopping expedition, said it was like the Tardis & she loved the sturdy, easy running zip too! lol

She came food shopping with me & as she refused to be seen walking with somebody carrying two giant re-useable shopping bags, they got folded up & went in there......a small detour to buy a couple of tops & they were rolled up in their bag & went in there too.......a bag of cookies she didn't want to be seen clutching (looks greedy! lol) got stuffed in it as well.......& so on & so forth! :grin:

PPC is a HUGE kipling fan - she has every bag in every colour with every monkey muttley

I think they're horrid yiike

I like them but i think this TSV is boring> My favourite was the katie velvet TSV i love love love that bag. I Have one cream bag fom a TSV, that's still in the wrapper and the Jacquline from the last TSV that i really like. I was hoping this TSV would be a bit more like the katie velvet.

Not a massive fan never was. But I dislike the Basic Range, it just looks cheap considering what you actually pay for it.

City Range with the extra details and quality are fab.
Our House of Fraser now stock the higher end ones and the leather too. When you see them in real life and then look at the basics in say Debenhams. No contest!

I have two from the Diva Range, which I think was only the USA. They appear on ebay and I heard rumours long ago TKMaxx. The range has been discontinued now awhile. The two I got from eb*y are called Donna, yes that is why I wanted one to start with. But they are a much higher quality bag, with leather details and heavier material as well.

Yes I love my purple velvet one.

I used to put mine on ebay when I got tired of them and used to get quite good money for them - enough for me to go and replenish with new stocks!

Now I put them on ebay and don't bother buying any more.They've been good work bags and travel bags - but I don't feel the pull or get excited over a tsv like I used to.

I used to be really confident that i liked them - at work,they're almost my signature - everyone knows the kipling belongs to me - but i'm begining to see what people could dislike in them.

From what i read on reviews at qvc,the quality isn't there and you hardly ever see a kipling in clearance,despite qvc holding really old stock.I too have a shop locally that does really good reductions - but qvc have knocked kipling for me.............really not interested!

I am a kipling fan but rarely buy from qvc. I got the jacqueline tsv and a couple of the Milos with purse sets as they were good value but I bought the rest elsewhere. I love the toughness and bright colours and the monkey (sad or what) I love that I don't have to worry about dumping them on the floor, putting dog treats in them etcet like I do my good leather bags

edit...and the tardis like qualities

I did buy eldest DD the last TSV, just as an everyday bag & even though it's by no means the biggest bag they do, she was impressed at just how much stuff she could cram into it on a recent shopping expedition, said it was like the Tardis & she loved the sturdy, easy running zip too! lol

She came food shopping with me & as she refused to be seen walking with somebody carrying two giant re-useable shopping bags, they got folded up & went in there......a small detour to buy a couple of tops & they were rolled up in their bag & went in there too.......a bag of cookies she didn't want to be seen clutching (looks greedy! lol) got stuffed in it as well.......& so on & so forth! :grin:

My husband can never get over how much I can get in them. We have a non alcohol policy at work but one day someone was leaving and everyone was very impressed when I managed to get 2 bottles of champagne out of my kipling handbag!!!:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2: I have never lived that one down lol I have only ever bought one bag from QVC though, that was a TSV and I did not like it much so sold it on an auction site

I think because JF seems to be presenting most of the shows these days and that dopey Barbie doll guest [who gets mixed up with the colours,] I feel I am just going off the range. Don't forget, these bags are quite pricey for some of us and this incompetance and constant chat between them just winds me up! I wish Lorraine could be coaxed back.

I like Kipling but I don't need to have a bag in every season's colour or the latest bag so I'm getting bored with the constant coverage too. What I like best is their travel range which doesn't feature much on QVC. My best purchase ever from Kipling has been a backpack rather than a handbag :star:

For a change, why doesn't Kipling make a bag in the shape of a giant monkey & have a tiny little bag hanging off it?
Would be a best seller for sure! :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back