A gentle hand cream recommendation anybody please ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

May

Registered Shopper
Hi I was just wondering if anybody on this lovley forum has bought a hand cream from QVC. The has calmed sore skin ...I seems to have has a reaction suddenly from some rings ..never happened before ...chemist recemmneded hydrocortisone cream which as helped a lot ( said visit doc of course if no real improvement ) so I was wondering apart from the non- scented creams ( that's I've bought this week ) are there any others that do not appear to be harsh ....Im a bit dissapointed no loccitane for me a the momentthank you in advance to

Not from Q, but TDHS - Aveeno. And not hand cream, but their Skin Relief moisturising lotion. I have pump bottles where I sit, by sinks and by the bed. I started applying it several times a day after a reaction and now use it all the time. Last bottle I picked up was £4 from Tesco for a 300ml bottle.

Yes Aveeno is very good and so is Body Shop hemp handcream and also their almond handcream. Whenever I have a reaction , whether it be on my face, body or hands, I revert to the Weleda almond range. It`s specifically for irritated or sensitive skin and works a treat. I`ve used everything in the Almond range.

Alpha H hand cream heals my cracked skin overnight in the winter months, it stings though.

Personally I like m&s ones, only cost a few pounds, or burts bees, neal's yard or body shop.

Ladies thank you so much for your suggestions ...very much appreciated ...I will try them all hee hee ...I always look at price spy too ..:mysmilie_12:

Yes Aveeno is very good and so is Body Shop hemp handcream and also their almond handcream. Whenever I have a reaction , whether it be on my face, body or hands, I revert to the Weleda almond range. It`s specifically for irritated or sensitive skin and works a treat. I`ve used everything in the Almond range.

I haven't tried the others but agree about the Body Shop Hemp Hand Cream. It is recommended for eczema-prone skin and I find it great in the winter for chapping (and to prevent it). You may need to get used to the smell though - it smells a bit like a gardening product as it's "earthy" but it's not overpowering.

Aveeno is tested on animals, which is why I will never use it.

I know lots of people love Aveeno, I used it and didn't rate it at all for the petrochemicals in it and what is does, it just sits on my skin.

I suffer from contact dermatitis too and love this one, http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/...gclid=CLHSmqr0k80CFfYV0wodehoDZQ&gclsrc=aw.ds really quick results, don't be put off by price because it works. Also dr.organic rose otto hand and nail.
I've just read the reviews and they are all top marks, sounds very good, I shall get one for work for day use (I use my expensive ones at night, Apha H, Emma Hardie, Gateneau Vitamina). Currently enjoying the EH one that I got from TKM.

PS: just noticed it's buy one get one free (on selected products).

Another vote for Aveeno, us nurses swear by it. Cheap and hugely effective.

Another vote for the Bodyshop's Hemp,I had really bad eczema a few years back and was under the skin hospital for it, as it improved I was recommended the hemp and was given a small sample by one of their staff, found it so good on my skin. Now I very rarely get a dry skin or eczema flare up, but if I do I find the hemp helps calm it down, I also quite like the non floral scent although it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I know a lot of men use it,particularly ones that do manual jobs and swear by it

Another vote for the Bodyshop's Hemp,I had really bad eczema a few years back and was under the skin hospital for it, as it improved I was recommended the hemp and was given a small sample by one of their staff, found it so good on my skin. Now I very rarely get a dry skin or eczema flare up, but if I do I find the hemp helps calm it down, I also quite like the non floral scent although it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I know a lot of men use it,particularly ones that do manual jobs and swear by it
Yes I find the hemp good too. When it is on special offer, I have seen the men come in and buy it.

I suffer from contact dermatitis too and love this one, http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/...gclid=CLHSmqr0k80CFfYV0wodehoDZQ&gclsrc=aw.ds really quick results, don't be put off by price because it works. Also dr.organic rose otto hand and nail.

Thanks LIAM, I've just ordered some. I have tried other Superdrug hand creams in the past and been happy enough with them, but this a new one for me. It's on a BOGOF offer at the moment as well. 2 tubes for £1.49. Even if I don't like it, I haven't lost much. Thanks again.

When l worked in a pharmacy we often recommended aqueous cream. It is very gentle and can be used for cleansing dry, sore skin as well as moisturising. It is great for eczema or contact dermatitis and is very ch. It might be worth using if nothing else works.

Thank you so much each and everyone of you .. Spoilt for choice now ;0)
Many years my dear late dad has a reaction to a hand cream bless him ...his hands looked so sore like something out of Tom and Jerry ... We all laughed and so did he but that must have been so sore ... Can't remember which one it was ... it soon calmed down but I can still remember how red be angry his hands looked ! ...
Thank you again .. ;0)

Latest posts

Back