7 years and still cant get it right.................

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Ronni Nicole has been at Q for 7 years, but unexplainably still cant get UK measurements right ! what IS wrong with the ****** buyers at Q ? The offerings on today's show would barely cover your bum, unless you're 5'3 and below, and as for the 1" increment sizing on the bust, when we are used to 2" increasing is ridiculous; so all this "we listen to the customer" is a load of b.........ks.

This range seem to cater for the 'colt' sizing of a teenager, when most of the demographic audience suffer with batwing arms, matronly busts, broad backs, expanding tummies and sturdy legs !!!!!

Little wonder most of this collection ends up in Clearance.

I never expect to see anything that would fit me on the qvc fashion shows...not because I think I am abnormal, but I can't remember the last time I saw something that imo fit right, not even on the models, so I have no hope. What is wrong with the 36/38/40 inch busts and the 40/42/43 length for all dresses. Too hard for the dummies to work out, and now they are having a job getting the colours right.

Wonder what age the buyers are? If the `sylists` are anything to go by just out of school!! Time they got more mature buyers who like us know about sizing for the mature body ..... they never look good on the larger models as they are always skin tight as well as being too short!!

I saw that odd maxi dress had a lining that only reached to just above the knee clearly visible through the fabric. Very odd. Line it fully or not at all.

Ronni Nicole has been at Q for 7 years, but unexplainably still cant get UK measurements right ! what IS wrong with the ****** buyers at Q ? The offerings on today's show would barely cover your bum, unless you're 5'3 and below, and as for the 1" increment sizing on the bust, when we are used to 2" increasing is ridiculous; so all this "we listen to the customer" is a load of b.........ks.

This range seem to cater for the 'colt' sizing of a teenager, when most of the demographic audience suffer with batwing arms, matronly busts, broad backs, expanding tummies and sturdy legs !!!!!

Little wonder most of this collection ends up in Clearance.

You know I am so glad someone else things the same as me about this range - apart from anything else there's never much I'd want to buy, but aside from that, why oh why does QVC still give this range British airtime is beyond me. If suddenly next week they were to return with sizing which is for us, and styles, because of the history I would still not buy from this range - I wish we would all write to QVC in London HQ with out feelings, from my experience that's how to change things - they continue to shove rubbish at us just because it is liked in the States.

I lived in the States a long time ago, and when they say 'it also comes in size 18' well bully for them, but a size 18 Stateside is not the same as a size 18 across the Pond here.

Last edited:
TBH there have been some of RN styles that I haven't minded - I do like the polka dot prints - very fresh looking, BUT her sizings are a joke. 'In the early days I did TRY and buy a couple of dresses with sleeves in a size 20, but honest to God the 20 would realistically fit a size 16, so I had no chance. The length as always was another issue. If not constructed properly, the length of a garment will always 'ride up' on a lady with curves, - so I assume when Ouida tells us that they create their garments on a 'fit' size 8 and 18, these 'models' can only be at a height of under 5'4.

I was looking at one of the polka dot dresses online this morning, finger hovering over the add to basket button, but I decided to look at the measurements and the reviews first. The result being that I didn't order. Agree that most of the dresses are too short as well. Nobody wants to see my knees, ta very much.

I'm only 4'12" and they're too short for me...just being short doesn't mean I have great legs; I really don't!

I love polka dots. I think they always look smart and don`t date. Funnily enough I recently bought a spotty dress from a shop I usually just walk past and it`s been one of my recent best buys. I got it on the shop`s 20% discount day so it cost me just over £20 and is 100% viscose and washes well. More importantly it was long enough on me. The spots are quite small but I have a 3/4 sleeve dress with bigger spots which I bought a few years back from Debenhams and I still wear it. This is the one I bought recently and its much nicer in the flesh, the website doesn`t do it justice.
http://www.bonmarche.co.uk/dresses/sleeveless-spot-fit-and-flare-dress/invt/03745407

I don't buy this range any more. They are far too low cut in the front for me at 5'2" so you either have to wear a vest top underneath, let it all hang out, or your bra shows. No problem with the length but they don't look right on me now, whereas I have some from a while ago that are fine.

I was watching the 4pm show today and lordy! The bigger model in that taupe lace dress!!! I felt sorry for her as she knew she looked awful because she kept pulling it away from her hips and stomach. It was at least 2 sizes too small for her - when she turned round the back view was all panty line and lumpy bum. Shame on the stylist putting her out in that.

CC

The bigger model in that taupe lace dress!!! I felt sorry for her as she knew she looked awful because she kept pulling it away from her hips and stomach. It was at least 2 sizes too small for her - when she turned round the back view was all panty line and lumpy bum.
CC

Just watched it, and you are absolutely right! What a mess.

This is exactly my argument. The plus size model is no doubt a size 16, and is wearing a Ronni Nicole size 16, but should be wearing the size 20 ! Us size 20 girls would need a size 24 for them to fit properly. I know there is a size differential in the U.S and UK sizing but this doesn't seem to have been taken into account with this range.

I too love a dot or a stripe but Q only seem to know flowers (apart from YK stripes)

However I think we are definitely a minority in all things Q as I'm led to believe that there are people on FB PLEADING for more Anttony, Rene, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all.

I too love a dot or a stripe but Q only seem to know flowers (apart from YK stripes)

However I think we are definitely a minority in all things Q as I'm led to believe that there are people on FB PLEADING for more Anttony, Rene, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all.

I genuinely feel that we (forumites) are out of step with the direction of travel at QVC. However I would also say that the "official" FB channels (and the BTY-type groups) are also offering QVC an extremely distorted and unrepresentative picture of how attractive their goods are to customers. We seem to be those who are gradually weaning off a heavy QVC diet. QVC wants impulse buyers with no initiative to check and compare what is offered with other outlets. Customers are expected to tap that app, jump to that phone and take what QVC says entirely on trust. QVC wants spendthrift shopping, and seems increasingly they don't want to offer stand-out bargains.

If it's "take it or leave it" then more often than not, I will leave it. QVC offer an abysmal web shopping experience (my preferred method of shopping) so I have pretty much stopped using it. The presenters have become shouty and aggressive while not delivering essential information to give you a clue as to what is the right size for you... so that pretty much makes it impossible to make an informed choice of sizes, colours etc. Really unless you've bought before and know what you want/need already, it's prohibitively expensive to shop due to the archaic and outrageous p&p charges and lack of capped postage for baskets of shopping.

Occasionally I am tempted (eg: I'm still utterly thrilled with my Babyliss Big Hair Petite) but I'm not buying any more clothes for the foreseeable future until they sort themselves out.

American sizing is confusing. Our dress size 14 is a US size 12... A size 7 shoe in the UK is a size 9 in the US (I wish it would all go in the same direction). Some brands in US also do odd sizes - so as well as 10, 12, 14 etc they have 11, 13 and 15. I don't know if the US has any regulation on sizing... but I don't even think we do here in UK where we are much more regulated than they are. But QVC take the biscuit. I don't trust the measurements they make. Their brands are grossly inconsistent with the progression from one size to another, and their overall sizing means that for some of us we can be swamped by the same size that looks tight in another brand. We seem to have clothing designed with a body shape and age profile which, as has already been said, doesn't reflect the actual QVC customer.

Still rumours of any imminent demise of the shopping channel are somewhat premature.

.................."there are people on FB PLEADING for more Anttony, Rene, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all.............

I have never been on Facebook, but I do wonder if all this 'pleading' is just another marketing tool used by Q with fictitious names doing the pleading. I'm becoming more cynical the older I get.

.................."there are people on FB PLEADING for more Anttony, Rene, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all.............

I have never been on Facebook, but I do wonder if all this 'pleading' is just another marketing tool used by Q with fictitious names doing the pleading. I'm becoming more cynical the older I get.

Seriously, this is worrying lololololo! :mysmilie_13:

Yes, I hate this. I would never cut off the lining at knee length when making a dress, as in my opinion it makes the whole appearance of the dress look odd, probably see-through from the knee down, which will look half-finished, IMO, as though the manufacturer was too cheapskate to buy enough lining fabric.

I saw that odd maxi dress had a lining that only reached to just above the knee clearly visible through the fabric. Very odd. Line it fully or not at all.

Latest posts

Back