60p mysmilie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

silversequin

Registered Shopper
:No not the price of the next "must have" TSV but the amount I paid today to return a ring I did not like to QVC.

Was appalled at the p&p quoted today on some floaty blouse thing. It was £3.95!!!! How do they justify this?

in the "good old days" I used to stick a 1st class stamp on to return a ring...now you have to get it weighed and everything don't you..last one cost me around £1.50 to return...I think rings are used charged out to us at about £2.95.

I paid £2 95p to have it delivered, it was a tiny little thing and so light, no wonder it was cheap to return, so QVC have made a couple of quid out of my foolish impulse buy

I discovered fairly recently that only fashion jewellery is covered under the Royal Mail standard insurance limit (around £41 I think) so if you don't want to risk fine jewellery going astray you have insure it separately. The cost is usually not dissimilar to Special Delivery which hikes the price up, but I'm the kind of person who'd worry about an item vanishing, especially as QVC won't confirm they've even received an item until it's been processed "which can take up to 21 days" yada yada. So for example, I have on occasion spent £3.95 to have a £20 agate ring delivered, and then another £4-5 to send it back, not far off half the purchase price of the flipping item! :down: My return rate was never high but these experiences have worked to reduce my purchase rate! :up:

Whenever I return anything (and it is not very often) I pay the office to use the franking machine. Not only is it cheaper than buying stamps, but I find it is safer too as the postman comes to collect it each day and franked mail gets priority treatment. Touch wood, I haven't had anything go astray to date.

Latest posts

Back