200mls Emma Hardie Moringa Balm in stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've watched a few presentations on this and it just doesn't seem like the product for me so I won't be tyring it. That aside, I'm enjoying the hype and I would LOVE it to beat C&P in the annual beauty awards or whatever they're called.

Ooh Dame I'm so hurt:cheeky: I love Moringa Balm too so guess it'd be a change if it won instead of C&P

Read on web that moringa is an antiseptic (zits, bug bites) and has a shelf-life of 5 years. Decanted into a small pot and original pot in fridge door. As someone on here mentioned, will order 2nd pot at start of credit card month! Aroma reminds me of 4711 cologne - fresh, tangy.

Quickie question from Bags.

How much are you guys using to cleanse your faces please?

I'm using about a 5p piece size, although I'm not sure if that's the recommended amount as I foolishly binned the instructions. It does a good job of removing my eye make up and leaves my skin feeling fresh and that amount seems enough for my entire face. I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly but I rub the 5p 'dollop' into my hands, then add water and wait until it changes consistency.

The only thing I'd have liked with it is a spatula to get it out. Luckily, as I've got long nails I can manage to get out what I need, but I'm going to find something in my 'stockpile' of bits and bobs that I can use as an alternative. I did try rubbing my fingers over the surface of the balm, but got nowhere fast.

And I love it, by the way.

Can I just ask how long the pot is meant to last?

Mine has just arrived and used it for the first time.....can't say I was blown away. I used maybes a 5p piece worth and I didn't put moisturizer on straight away after. I do have dryness on my face but 10 mins after and it doesn't feel super soft, actually a little tight. I'm going to give it a few days but might be going back and sticking to my c&p (and no I'm not a major Liz fan but at the end of her day if I use her c&p and tonic I know my face is soft and glowing (hate her moisturizers though!)

I am really confused, EH is on just now and the presenter just asked her how long the balm would last using twice a day and she said 6-8 months and then she asked her the shelf life unopened and she said 6 months, surely she made a mistake?
The presenter has asked again whilst typing this and she said 12 months unopened 6 months opened!!

Why does this not come with her own proper cloths?

I dont think this pick of the month with free p&p was properly thought out
I am guessing by offering this as a special they are trying to entice new customers to range so
what is the point of giving us a supersize that might be off by the time we use it all up
and why no cloths if you are supposed to use it with a special cloth

I watched the little "chat" that Will did with Emma about the supersize Moringa Balm and she said that the reason its in a jar is to enable you to use big scoops of the stuff (like ice-cream scoops is how she likened it if I remember rightly, ) dipping your hand into it like a scoop and slathering it wherever you want. For a jar costing £45, you'd need to replace it every 3 weeks if you did just that! Who can afford to do that?

Hmmm, I have the feeling I've been duped. I thank you astute shoppers out there who saw that the shelf-life, opened, is only six months. 200mls is false economy if it goes 'off' if you still have half a jar left. I enquired of CS about EH saying 8 months usage, yet container shows 6 monts shelf-life (opened) and she said she would pass my query on to Product Control to enquire of the vendor. So ... I'm telling 2 people who tell 2 people etc. Maybe if you all rang CS !?! ... this could be moringa-Gate.

Just watching Emma Hardie (7pm) and she has just said 'if you are on a budget, this is brilliant'!!!!! huh..... for £44.64 for a 200ml jar - this is extortionate. I would hate to think how much she would pay for something that wasn't working on a budget

I use the elemis pro radiance cream cleanser and, for the multi tasking available uses for this balm, I think this is an economical price for what is certainly not a bargain range. The free p+p is a bonus. Only one drawback: you don't get a cloth with the 200ml size as one comes with the 100ml size. Change this QVC!

I am really confused, EH is on just now and the presenter just asked her how long the balm would last using twice a day and she said 6-8 months and then she asked her the shelf life unopened and she said 6 months, surely she made a mistake?
The presenter has asked again whilst typing this and she said 12 months unopened 6 months opened!!

yes i noticed that and was thoroughly confused. very strange.

Hmmm, I have the feeling I've been duped. I thank you astute shoppers out there who saw that the shelf-life, opened, is only six months. 200mls is false economy if it goes 'off' if you still have half a jar left. I enquired of CS about EH saying 8 months usage, yet container shows 6 monts shelf-life (opened) and she said she would pass my query on to Product Control to enquire of the vendor. So ... I'm telling 2 people who tell 2 people etc. Maybe if you all rang CS !?! ... this could be moringa-Gate.

I agree totally! I remember writing into QVC about an Elemis Tri-enzyme product which had a 6 month shelf life yet was a large size and AY said her one has lasted her 2 years!! as you only use it once or twice a week. Now, I have also noticed that they are also selling a 400ml size in this. How on earth are you supposed to use these products within 6 months once opened unless you slather them on and then that works out as so expensive.

I think, personally that if you use the whole of EH items, then you are better off going for the starter kit as you will ensure that you are getting a fresh set to use within the time stated. I also do not like the idea of this balm coming without any spatula to take the product out with.

Think we did the use by date on st.com before?

I swear they pick a random number out of thin air how long a product lasts.

Come on people these pots are not air tight to start with. How long have they sat on the shelf or in the factory before you buy? So saying oh 2 years unopened or 8 months and then you must use in 6 months is a load of ballcocks. I know with Elemis they say oh the natural ingredients lose their effects after that time. Do these natural ingredients have a stop clock. Okay its 2 years and 6 months we will now lay down tools and stop working.

I go by smell and texture if it looks or smells not quite right then in the bin it goes. I had a pot of Eve Lom 100mls cleanser I got in SpaceNK sale Boxing Day 2010. I actually only finished it last month. It smelt the same as it had when first bought the texture was the same and it did what is said on the tub. My face has not melted off and I have roseaca too.

In years gone by cosmetics did not have a use by date at all, apart from Decleor balms and oils which had a proper date on the bottom when it was not effective any longer. Actually the month and year of manufacture. It was the EU who decided that every brand must put full ingredients on the bottle/pot and a use by date. So we got the random 6,12 or 18 months.

Update ~ Hi guys-CS rang back to say they talked to EH rep who said that once opened, product is good for 12 months. I shall analyse it for the 30 days. With my Weleda products, they show the batch number/manufacturing date/use by date. My apologies for asking this on here but, as a newbie, your discussions took place before I started lurking, I mean, discovered this forum. Have a great moringa, or not!, day from the snarly ...

Latest posts

Back