11 am - Frutie Twins !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh well, at least they 'match' - better than the usual clashing dress styles of the QVC presenters & guests!
Chuntley is the worst one for this - the best one was when a guest (a craft one I think?) was dressed very casually indeed & Chuntley appeared on air looking like something from the 'Doris Day Appreciation Society'! :giggle:

bagsy have the raspberry one.:grin:

KWC i think that's one of the best descriptions of chuntley i've heard:grin::grin:

Oh well, at least they 'match' - better than the usual clashing dress styles of the QVC presenters & guests!
Chuntley is the worst one for this - the best one was when a guest (a craft one I think?) was dressed very casually indeed & Chuntley appeared on air looking like something from the 'Doris Day Appreciation Society'! :giggle:

:grin:Oh didn't you know darling that dress was vintage :grin:
Totally way over the top, poor Dawn on the TSV launch wasn't in shot as the underskirt was that big she couldn't get close to Doris Huntley.

Ant has just said he and Alex are put to together.:angel:

:tongue2:

:grin:Oh didn't you know darling that dress was vintage :grin:
Totally way over the top, poor Dawn on the TSV launch wasn't in shot as the underskirt was that big she couldn't get close to Doris Huntley.

Now don't get me wrong Bags, it was a great dress, I love vintage & she looked an absolute cracker in it - it was just completely unsuitable & as you say, totally OTT, for the occasion!
For a party yes but not on a TV shopping channel where you're overshadowing the guest, the product & everything else within a 20 mile radius! :grin:

Now don't get me wrong Bags, it was a great dress, I love vintage & she looked an absolute cracker in it - it was just completely unsuitable & as you say, totally OTT, for the occasion!
For a party yes but not on a TV shopping channel where you're overshadowing the guest, the product & everything else within a 20 mile radius! :grin:

I don't know if the show was on Saturday evening but I did think it was more suited to a waltz on Strictly. :grin:

In many cases yes. Vintage should be special, iconic and stand out in a good way rather than "WT* is she wearing and why" effect CH achieves. If you don't get the concept then yes you probably do think anything old, secondhand, worn will pass as vintage clothing. It doesn't have to be expensive but the details have to be right and if it was spot on when new it will be authentic vintage now.

In many cases yes. Vintage should be special, iconic and stand out in a good way rather than "WT* is she wearing and why" effect CH achieves. If you don't get the concept then yes you probably do think anything old, secondhand, worn will pass as vintage clothing. It doesn't have to be expensive but the details have to be right and if it was spot on when new it will be authentic vintage now.
So there's no point in hanging onto my Primark velour leisure suit in the hope it will be vintage one day?

Sorry Boris Bear probably not but then I haven't actually seen your Primark velour leisure suit so I should reserve judgement, but if it makes you happy then enjoy.

Latest posts

Back