£184 for a frock ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't care if something is 'on trend' or 'fashion forward' or whatever other crap they quote. I just like things that suit me - however, I don't want to pay a fortune for it either. Yong Kim is to me like something you would only wear if you had to - and even then I think I would prefer my birthday suit, and that probably isn't quite as wrinkly! Note I did say probably.

Well I thought Accessories by Ashling was another fashion brand, til I watched it. Yet another 14 year old who's read a few fashion mags and is now qualified to tell US - who started the whole trendy fashion scene back in the 60's - how to put 'stuff' together !!! Wear the hood up or down - NO, really ? Most of the garments apparently can be worn from wedding to cruise to school run, although no-ones mentioned the morgue yet.

Sorry, but this whole 'stylist' phenomena is money for nothing. Even Hollywood 'stylists' send their A list clients onto the red carpet in granny's curtains at times, so what do they know ?

It appears that Q are addressing the issue of rip off P&P by constantly telling us just how expensive the train is "into London" or "into Leeds"

Well it could cost me over £100 to get "into London" but I've no ****** intention of paying £100 postage for a £29 coat on OTO. This OTO has an average of 2 stars purely because of the size of the hood, so did JF and the Wichita Linesman mention this once or show it hood up? No they blinking didn't so loads more profit on returns.

Ha ! ha ! yes, I started at 17 and finished 40 years later, non-stop ! This lot don't even have to get out of bed to do their 'blogging'.

If the Yong Kim look, especially the crinkles, had really taken off as a fashion "thing", wouldn't everyone else be doing it by now as well? I certainly have never seen anything similar anywhere. For those who watch daytime TV, Boy George and Marilyn were guests on Loose Women. Boy George moaned about Marilyn's lack of fashion sense and said that he really didn't want to be seen walking down the street with someone wearing clothes that looked as though they had fallen out of the airing cupboard before they got near an iron! I can't help but think that most people feel the same way, so presumably this is why it never took off as a fashion statement? Not to mention the prices.

If the Yong Kim look, especially the crinkles, had really taken off as a fashion "thing", wouldn't everyone else be doing it by now as well? I certainly have never seen anything similar anywhere. For those who watch daytime TV, Boy George and Marilyn were guests on Loose Women. Boy George moaned about Marilyn's lack of fashion sense and said that he really didn't want to be seen walking down the street with someone wearing clothes that looked as though they had fallen out of the airing cupboard before they got near an iron! I can't help but think that most people feel the same way, so presumably this is why it never took off as a fashion statement? Not to mention the prices.

Yong Kim is supposed to be high-end Lagenlook. Lagenlook (layering look) has been around for years. It's not a new trend but an ever-present one. Every so often it becomes more prominant, and it is sometimes espoused by those wanting to cover their "lumps and bumps". It's not a look for everyone, that's for sure... and I've seen slim women who look good / awful in it and larger women who look good / awful in it. Like all clothing ideas - one thing doesn't work for all.

From what I can see googling Lagenlook on the internet you can access lots of companies which offer this style at much better prices than YK. So if it's your thing, you don't have to spend eye-watering amounts of money to wear it.

Those prices should be doing the comedy circuit, I do laugh my arse off when I see them. :mysmilie_15:

Who seriously buys them, gobsmacked at some of the prices! I have only seen one presenter who actually suits these styles, because she is very tall! :mysmilie_48:

Who seriously buys them, gobsmacked at some of the prices! I have only seen one presenter who actually suits these styles, because she is very tall! :mysmilie_48:

I've no idea GG, I agree doubt they'd suit many people, the ones who buy them are probably the same people who wish QVC a happy birthday and send QVC birthday and Christmas cards. :mysmilie_17:

Just watching the 7pm show where a basic frock from Onijenu is £93 plus post for an unlined polyester dress which you could get on the DHS for half that.

I notice that the new season from this brand have gone up in price considerably.

One of the models who is well over 6ft and in killer heels was wearing a dress which nearly reached her ankles - I would have enough left over to make a pair of curtains!

The 'bottle of water' is the go-to item for plonking in most of the bags, and the iPad. When you get to a certain age, and having a desperate need for the loo, a bottle of water is the last item you'd want, but a heat Pad instead of an iPad would be more than useful !

Latest posts

Back