£184 for a frock ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The 'bottle of water' is the go-to item for plonking in most of the bags, and the iPad. When you get to a certain age, and having a desperate need for the loo, a bottle of water is the last item you'd want, but a heat Pad instead of an iPad would be more than useful !

I've never really understood this need to carry a bottle of water everywhere. On holiday yes but on a cold UK day? We have people at work who constantly fill up bottles from the water cooler- why?- we have cups to drink out of - they also fill them up before they go home at night! Most live a 10 minute drive from work, just how dehydrated can you get in 10 minutes?

Pet hate - people (mostly females) who walk around shops with coffee cups in their hand, the other on their mobile, and using the coffee hand to go through clothes rails. When did we get sooo busy we couldn't sit to take a hot drink?

IMO Americian TV shows have a lot to answer to.

I think its all part of the plan to look 'trendy and cool'. :rock: At one point a few years ago, every red carpet sleb would be holding a bottle of water, like you say LATIT, what the hell for ?? but that little 'fad' has soon dropped off. Now its the brown sludge/dishwater costing a fortune thats being sold under the guise of coffee thats being carted around everywhere - I think I'll start a new trend , holding aloft my Thermos flask as I push my trolley around the supermarket :mysmilie_17: I've tried those drinking cups with the lids with holes in - and I felt I was drowning as the contents gushed to the back of my throat ! this was on board a plane, never again.

I've no idea GG, I agree doubt they'd suit many people, the ones who buy them are probably the same people who wish QVC a happy birthday and send QVC birthday and Christmas cards. :mysmilie_17:

You could be right and the ones who also have Facebook Tea Party's!!! :mysmilie_5::mysmilie_13

I can understand people having a bottle of water on a hot day or maybe whilst travelling by tube but this bottle of water obsession has got out of hand. I was watching GPs Behind Closed Doors the other week and a patient was drinking from her bottle of water during a consultation with her GP. There wasn't a specific reason for doing this this like trying to stop coughing which I could understand and it seemed that she couldn't last ten minutes without a drink. It just made me wonder what next, will people take a portion of fish and chips or a kebab with them when they go to the doctor's surgery?

I've never really understood this need to carry a bottle of water everywhere. On holiday yes but on a cold UK day? We have people at work who constantly fill up bottles from the water cooler- why?- we have cups to drink out of - they also fill them up before they go home at night! Most live a 10 minute drive from work, just how dehydrated can you get in 10 minutes?

Pet hate - people (mostly females) who walk around shops with coffee cups in their hand, the other on their mobile, and using the coffee hand to go through clothes rails. When did we get sooo busy we couldn't sit to take a hot drink?

IMO Americian TV shows have a lot to answer to.

Yes, I absolutely agree with you about the females with their coffee cups. They do my head in. I see them walking to the local train station brown cup in hand from the self service machine at the local co op. They waltz in shops with them like you say, not caring if they spill down stuff. They shouldn't be allowed in the shops with them if you ask me. And don't get me started on folks with their mobile phones, they are now just an extension of their hands. How long before we evolve and are actually born with one of these as part of our hand? I find it very sad actually.

Yes, I absolutely agree with you about the females with their coffee cups. They do my head in. I see them walking to the local train station brown cup in hand from the self service machine at the local co op. They waltz in shops with them like you say, not caring if they spill down stuff. They shouldn't be allowed in the shops with them if you ask me. And don't get me started on folks with their mobile phones, they are now just an extension of their hands. How long before we evolve and are actually born with one of these as part of our hand? I find it very sad actually.

The people who text while speaking to you, or even worse say "Do you mind if I take this?" If the sh****** phone rings whilst they're speaking to you.Unless it's an emergency yes I do .!!!I have walked away on more than one occasion.

I can understand people having a bottle of water on a hot day or maybe whilst travelling by tube but this bottle of water obsession has got out of hand. I was watching GPs Behind Closed Doors the other week and a patient was drinking from her bottle of water during a consultation with her GP. There wasn't a specific reason for doing this this like trying to stop coughing which I could understand and it seemed that she couldn't last ten minutes without a drink. It just made me wonder what next, will people take a portion of fish and chips or a kebab with them when they go to the doctor's surgery?

I love GP's behind Closed Doors - I have seen patients take phone calls during their consultation. Some people just have no manners.

Latest posts

Back