Your First Ever Qvc Purchase

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cleanse and Polish. but they sent Skin Repair by mistake! Got my C & P (about a tenner plus p & p I think) in the end and used it for a few months but I found it really expensive - big decleor cleanser and toner worked out loads cheaper. I bought skin repair soon after and loved it for a while, but haven't used any Liz Earle for ages now

A memory foam topper which l'm still using - it is only 6 years old. I had backache and a friend suggested I buy it from QVC

I can never forget my first ever QVC purchase. It was an electric pasta maker. It was awful, the scene in my kitchen was like a comedy sketch with flour everywhere and all over me and certainly no pasta was produced. I called them straight away, described the scene and they credited my account with £10 as compensation. The good old days of QVC!

Think it was some form of Paint Pads from many moons ago, not long after QVC first aired. They were rubbish if I remember rightly but, of course, they didn't go back! Loved to watch so much in those days but rarely have the channel on now because I know what suits me and what doesn't when it comes to skincare, cosmetics, etc. and, let's face it, the bulk of the products can be bought cheaper elsewhere despite them harping on about their brilliant buying power!

A silver bangle inlaid with mother of pearl, paid sixteen pounds about 10 years ago and I still like and wear it today.

Two items, circa 2005: a MOP Mixed Greens shampoo & conditioner set, and a Gatineau product (fizzing powdery thing that came with a little brush to apply to the skin) that was supposed to rid me of my teenage blackheads.

Two items, circa 2005: a MOP Mixed Greens shampoo & conditioner set, and a Gatineau product (fizzing powdery thing that came with a little brush to apply to the skin) that was supposed to rid me of my teenage blackheads.

I remember that Gatineau product i was always tempted by it , did it actually work? lol

I remember being really disappointed with it, actually, but looking back I think my expectations were probably far, far too high! :grin:

I used that powder and brush for a while. It certainly did something to my skin as it felt very tight afterwards I recall. I also fell for the Gatineau "laser" stuff in the bright pink tubes.

A pair of multi stone ( amethyst, citrine, peridot ) drop earrings in yellow gold. I still love them and wear them regularly and they were built to last unlike the stuff of today.

I started watching QVC right from the start (I was at home with a new baby) but it took me 2.5 years to actually order anything. My first purchase was in 1996 and was the No Wet Wonder Foam and the Aveda detox shampoo, once I'd made my first purchases that was it, the postie was a regular visitor to my door with QVC boxes lol

Watched for ages before buying Philosophy skin care, they used to have some great kits.

Some nail art kit. I too was at home with a baby and it took me ages to order anything. The nail art kit got used once I think as not very practical with a new baby. Now I order virtually nothing.

My first order when Q first started was a Gayle Hayman lipstick which I hated as it was bright red,unbelievable that this brand is still going.
Lynn

My first purchase was 2 items on the first day I discovered qvc. It was a skin care set by a brand called primavera hope that's right as it was such a long time ago and a cast iron griddle that had a flat side on one side and grooves on the other.

First thing I bought was a pair of Markon boots probably around 10 years ago. They were really comfortable and had very soft leather with a small heel. I wore them all winter for 3 years. I ordered a pair again a few years later but they were nothing like the originals. They were harder leather and far too narrow. They were returned. Markon then disappeared from Q.

It was either a craft kit or molten brown set with gingerlily in it. I loved the skin are philosophy tsvs too. I wish they would bring them back.

Latest posts

Back