yogi replaced ghd

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I totally agree!!!

GHDs are actually only 180C and just don't work on my hair so I much prefer Babyliss.
I would recommend Babyliss Pro 230 Radiance Sleek for anyone who can't straighten their hair with GHD's, it also has an ionic steam function.:emo::rock:

The Yogi straighteners definatly go upto 210c the QVC incorrectly states 120c.
The secret of a decent iron is all in the quality of plate. 210c is perfectly hot enough to straighten all hair types. Tourmaline is the magical ingredient that sets these (and others) apart from the other brands and that includes GHD. Ive have owned all types of straighteners and i purchased these from the Yogi site 2 weeks ago so im a little miffed they came on to QVC at £75 as i paid £130!! But what i have got is an amazing iron and curling wand that actually do what they say they do so im well happy. Price not an issue for me so long as they damn well work, which they do!
All i can say is if you need new irons or want decent long lasting curls then its an amazing buy.

The Yogi straighteners definatly go upto 210c the QVC incorrectly states 120c.
The secret of a decent iron is all in the quality of plate. 210c is perfectly hot enough to straighten all hair types. Tourmaline is the magical ingredient that sets these (and others) apart from the other brands and that includes GHD. Ive have owned all types of straighteners and i purchased these from the Yogi site 2 weeks ago so im a little miffed they came on to QVC at £75 as i paid £130!! But what i have got is an amazing iron and curling wand that actually do what they say they do so im well happy. Price not an issue for me so long as they damn well work, which they do!
All i can say is if you need new irons or want decent long lasting curls then its an amazing buy.

It's funny that you have only made 4 posts in the past year and each extoles the virtue of the yogi brand
..... just an observation

Seems very obviously someone from Yogi!! Why not just be honest about who you are?!

Don't want to slag off the brand - I'm sure they work, but the demo this morning really did show the straighteners in a bad light. Maybe this person from Yogi can reassure us that in fact there was simply an error and they hadn't heated up yet, or had inadvertently been left switched off?!

its funny how ghd's are not sold on qvc. they are a good brand and popular with forum members. i would have thought that they would continue such an excellent relationship.

Can't Understand The Fuss

In relation to the OP, I have never tried Yogi so I am afraid this post doesn't give u an answer-sorry. I have GHD's which I bought 5yrs ago for £125 (breast cancer special editions) which still work and I would be distraught without so whilst I couldn't say whether new 'cheaper ones' are good, it does tell me GHD's must be good cos I'm a gadget freak and if they didn't do my hair perfectly I would def have several other ones by now.
Re the Wand tho, I bought something that looks exactly the same 3yrs ago from Debenhams. The brand was Jose Eber and I love it too.
The things I dont like about the design are:
I have loads of hair and curling takes me 3 times longer than straightening cos u have to be more precise to ensure there's no random straighter bits.
I would prefer a traditional tong cos it's a right pain to be holding your hair against the tong (albeit with a heatproof glove)-means both hands are in use so I can't easily have a wee sip of my pre-going out vodka ;-)
Sorry if I went off topic....

Sticking my neck out here but I really can't understand the obsession with having straightened hair:doh: I know a few of you have mentioned curling your hair but it's very much the minority.
I just think that everyone looks the same. Graduated mid or long length hair ironed out to incredible smoothness with n'er a kink in sight, you look at a load of girls on a night out or in the workplace and THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!:taphead:
We've got 3 daughters (and 4 sons) and our middle one at 26, has the most stunning, deep auburn wavy hair, curls in damp weather. Everyone comments on how beautiful it is and what does she do? Sits for hours straightening it!! Drives me mad!:headbang:
That said, she's getting married in June and she's having her hair curly:heart:
I guess it's a passing fashion but I'd much rather see a variety of styles.

Personally I straighten mine because one side of my hair kinks outwards and the other side inwards, blow drying it would never sort that out so that I had matching sides. Straightening it makes it the same each side, but you don't have to do it so that it's poker straight, I curl mine under slightly and if you lift it at the roots it gives it body too. My hair is similar to Jennifer Aniston's when straightened and everyone says how nice it looks. I can't get that effect just from blow drying.

My hair is coarse, coloured, very thick and with a stupid wave that I can't do anything with. Each morning I have the " dragged through a hedge backwards - katie waissell (before she had the Merlin cut) look " and without my GHD's there is no way I could cope. I started with the mini some years ago when I had short hair and as I grew it I moved to the regular size and now with shoulder length hair use the fattest ones. I would love to try the TSV today but am a bit put off by other brands I've used before which do nothing with my hair. I would be interested in trying the curling tong but the glove thing puts me off because it's almost impossible to style your own hair with both hands, even using the straighteners is always more effective on one side more than the other, simply because your arms can't get the right angle needed. The product demo's done by somebody else (doesn't need to be a qualified hairdresser IMO) will always be better - but you try doing it yourself. Phew I'll shut up now

Didn't sell out, but I'll bet a GHD on three or four easy pays would have sold out by lunchtime.

Latest posts

Back