Yet more bags!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Cue Lady Bracknell...."A haaaaandbaaaaaag?"

Seriously, how many brands of handbag do QVC need? Are there really people out there who will move the entire contents of their bag everyday just so they can stay "on-trend" and match every outfit they wear? One t-caller had 50 of the things. Each to their own, but why? :O And the presenter that has 40 Kipling bags. I know we all like to collect certain things but the prices charged for these things is just outrageous. It wouldn't be so bad if they were half decent. There are better things in the factory shop for a fraction of the cost. Someone is falling for the hype. And where do they put them? I have images of them hanging round the walls on hooks :D

I guess the presenters are just overpaid. How often have we heard them say "I paid over xxx hundred pounds for this last week in so-and-so store." Why not just wait for it to show up on your own channel then?

For goodness' sake QVC, new ideas or new buyers please! And don't even get me started on the mountains of jewellery....

(/rant)

Last edited:
The thing is a girl cannot have too many handbags (or jewellery) so it is something people will buy more than one of. Most of the other items once you have got one you don't need any more so they cannot sell lots of these. Trouble is I don't like any of the brands of handbags they sell. They are either cheap carp or very expensive carp.

I love handbags and have far too many to count. Plus, to be honest I'd rather see any amount of bag hours than some of the tatty jewellery and clothing hours.

Handbags are definately subjective to us ladies.:33:
Kipling it seems we either love or hate.
Then there is he leather versus PVC/faux issue...do we buy 2 or three expensive leather designer bags or 40 cheaper fashion bags?
Across body/over shoulder or grab?

My choice is Kipling for work as they are practical functional and get a lot of abuse!
Leather grab bag (smallish) for going out.
Fabric Billy bag in very colourful pattern for Summer
My lust after bag is by Paul Smith..but at £550 won't happen!
My hate is Radley bags,personally I think they are twee and old fashioned and some of the silly flowery housey designs should not be seen on anyone over 12!!:11:

About all I can afford is a Bag for life.
Outrageous variations in price.
Sainsbury's 9p - Asda 4p...

Love it Snuffles! That's about the size of it for me nowadays!

I think Kipling is good for everyday - I love that I can just machine wash them. But some of these really expensive bags with all the 'hardwear' on them just look like dinosaurs - obviously on QVC because they don't sell in the real world (where people don't tend to go out shopping whilst drunk!).

Posh is the ultimate fashion slave. Even when she goes casual she looks like she's tried too hard.
It's quite sad really as there's nothing natural about her - everything's manufactured and artifical.

Even if I had the Beckhams disposable income, I doubt I would choose to spend my money in the way that they do but it is their choice and as their money cascades down the chain it keeps other people in jobs enabling them to feed and clothes their families.

Even if I had the Beckhams disposable income, I doubt I would choose to spend my money in the way that they do but it is their choice and as their money cascades down the chain it keeps other people in jobs enabling them to feed and clothes their families.

I agree 100%. People spending helps the economy even if the spending is on things like this.

As to the number of handbag shows on QVC, the show on Saturday lunchtime finished early as they sold out so obviously people are buying handbags and QVC will feature items that sell.

Spending 80 thousand on one handbag does not keep many people in work???? It is the same as the other footballers spending huge amounts of money on ferraris and bentleys etc. this will hardly help the poor workers being laid off at Nissan or Honda will it?

Spending 80 thousand on one handbag does not keep many people in work???? It is the same as the other footballers spending huge amounts of money on ferraris and bentleys etc. this will hardly help the poor workers being laid off at Nissan or Honda will it?

Bentleys are made in Crewe aren't they? So all those Man U players are supporting their local economy. And (much as I dislike Man U players) I must add that they will pay massive amounts of tax on their salaries and the tax on a Bentley will be a pretty substantial amount.

Latest posts

Back