Ybf

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HYPE in a JAR

Registered Shopper
I love watching Stacey she is so enthusiastic it is catching, not to mention a bit loopy, which is always a good thing in my book.

But really I couldn't help but laugh at the results of tonight's show.

I think they had two viewers in making themselves over let's say they were the grannies! Ok no probes there!

Cordelia and Joy were the models, Joy being on fine form, even skipping across the studio doin her impersonation of Britney in her Toxic video walk, in a dress so short you may have been forgiven for thinking she forgot to put on a skirt!

Anyway throughout the hour Cordelia and Joy piled on so much make-up that they both looked like they were trowling it on to walk darkened streets touting for "biznuss!" Why this look would encourage anyone to buy is beyond me. But then again maybe hookers and trannies buy their slap from qvc.

This leaves us with the fabulous Stacey who I am sorry to say still don't believe was ever a top model. Well I see no evidence of model looks, fading or not. Now if you tell me she was born a fella and had a few ops that I may well believe! What is undeniable is that she looked a right Drag Queen come the reveal, so no change there!

Luv ya girlfriends!
:giggle:

Cordelia has always looked like someone of the night - preferably with a few bats winging about; and Joy's wig was definitely on the move tonight. Why cant we see her without it ?????

I've given up referring to any mature woman as a 'granny' - they might be childless through choice or circumstance - like me, and it made a change tbh not to have the usual models posing and preening in full make up.

Stacey is a very shrewd business woman, - she skulked away to IW when legalities were flying about, but soon bounced back with re-branding and a bit more weight. Like her or hate her, marketing is EVERYTHING !!!!

Hmmm - can't say I agree with any of those descriptions really - I wonder which category you'd put me into :confused:?

I love the energy that Stacey brings - she has her own style (as do the other make-up reps) - she appeals to some of us... is that sooo bad?

Hey I heart Stacey too! But what you see on screen is a cleverly constructed Persona to flog you her slap. "We're all girlfriends here, so cummon dig into your purse and hand over sum notes and join our club!"

And I meant no disrespect by calling a woman over 60 a "Grannie", but hey it rhymed with Trannie, but it would appear that Trannie is a dirty-word on ST as some-one has edited my post title. Well blow me!

Just because I like watching Stacey (for entertainment) doesn't mean that I don't *get* that she is there to flog her wares. I buy her neutralising powder because it works for me... not because I want to be her "girlfriend".

We're all different, she has her ways and they don't bother me. I just don't see why we need to label people - Trannies? Grannnies? Hookers? No positive words to describe the girls then?

I just don't see why we need to label people - Trannies? Grannnies? Hookers? No positive words to describe the girls then?

I was just saying it as I saw it girlfriend!

Personally I do not see the words Grannies, Trannies, Hookers or Drag Queens as negatives.

The fact is Joy and Cordelia both piled on so much slap that they did look like Hookers, or Ladies of the Night, or even Working Girls. Whatever the term, there is no negative inference on my part. Though to be fair Cordelia probably resembled a Trannie Hooker, buy hey there is nowt wrong with that either!

As for Stacey I reckon she would take it as the biggest compliment to be referred to looking like a Drag Queen!:flower:

Didn't see the show but if that's what they looked like it would not inspire me to buy, even if there is nothing wrong with being a trannie or a grannie. As for hookers, they only look like that either by accident or out of a misguided belief that the "clients" like the look. I think they dress that way as a uniform instead of wearing a billboard that says I will sleep with you if you pay me.

I think the problem really is: The models have to look like they are doing something with the makeup each time the camera moves to them. Seen it in other shows as well. So they just keep slapping it on and on and on and on and on and on and on. Laura Geller, BE are worse the makeup is already on the models before they hit the show. So LG etc just keep slapping it on as the show goes on.

To be honest I will Rimmell and Collection 2000 would be better quality than YBF. I bought MP on the first shows, found it cheap and awful. The thing everyone seems to love is the eyebrow pencils, Stacey could just come on and sell those alone and people will buy it.

I agree about the quality of YBF and she looks ridiculous coming on in rollers you don't need to do that to show a bare face the whole thing is do dated.
Lynn

I have to agree with Hype - I tuned in towards the end of the show and thought for a moment I was watching Rupauls drag race.

Is the starter of his thread Jill Franks as the overuse of the term 'girlfriend' is becoming boring. As for Stacey I can't watch her at all and the products are crap IMO, my daughter bought a set some time ago and sent the whole lot back even the carry case was cheap rubbish.

I've started to warm to Stacey's products again lately, i even made a purchase when she was on TVSN here in Australia a couple of weeks ago (and it's all so ****** expensive here!). I do think she needs to tone down the clothes as she's always way overdressed and the hair in curlers has long since past it's sell by date too. The bare face is a great idea because we can see the transformation take place, even if it is a little overdone by the end of the show. But I like how she's so willing to take off foundation and show the red patches on her cheeks etc and I love how touched she is when people mail and call in. I just think she needs to update a bit.

That's the thing the whole look is so dated!

I mean neck shading who still does that? Only Drag Queens that's who! Even Boy George has finally ditched that look.

And I'm not being beetchy! I turned on half way through and the way the models looked, and were posing to camera I thought for a second it was one of those girly channels that are on sky/freeview after 12pm.

To be fair to Stacey she did ditch the on-air rollers a few years back when she got that new hair cut. But I guess the sales slumped, and low and behold a few months later back they came.

Surely the brand can't be sustained on the strength of the eyebrow pencil sales.

Latest posts

Back