Yankee TSV 05/01/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh the Christmas Memories fragrance is vile. It really does smell like a curry and how they can call it Christmas Memories beats me.

Oh the Christmas Memories fragrance is vile. It really does smell like a curry and how they can call it Christmas Memories beats me.

Ha, that's properly made me laugh. Christmas memories of a delicious chicken jalfrezi.

I have been to the Dreaded High Street this afternoon and found the new spring fragrances in the Yankee shop, the assistant told me they had had them early because the shelves were empty from all the Christmas sales. They are Under the Palms, Champaca Blossom, Pink Hibiscus, Lovely Kiku and Midnight oasis.

There is an official description of some of them here

http://www.yankeecandle.co.uk/en/uk/whats-new/2014-preview/icat/2014preivew

and an unoffical one here

http://andyyankeecandles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/yankee-candle-2014-release-details-and.html

I have been to the Dreaded High Street this afternoon and found the new spring fragrances in the Yankee shop, the assistant told me they had had them early because the shelves were empty from all the Christmas sales. They are Under the Palms, Champaca Blossom, Pink Hibiscus, Lovely Kiku and Midnight oasis.

There is an official description of some of them here

http://www.yankeecandle.co.uk/en/uk/whats-new/2014-preview/icat/2014preivew

and an unoffical one here

http://andyyankeecandles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/yankee-candle-2014-release-details-and.html

Thanks some of the fragrances seem much more appealing than the TSV :)........ So does this mean that some of the fragrances in the TSV are made for Qvc ones? If so beware lol

I think the other two fragrances are from the USA release. Can't decide which to burn/melt first I think mabye the Lovely Kiku but then I love almost all the flowery ones.

thanks for the nod Ian :)
I've ordered the 3 large 'taste of the tropics' jars after having a sniff (!) in my local Yankee store - they are lovely, especially the pink hibiscus which may well become one of my favourites - and at less than £44 including postage they're super value. I didn't order the auto-delivery even though the scents do sound lovely, because I've learned from experience that doesn't mean I'll actually like the scent in the candle, and the saving evapourates if you don't actually like one of the candles!

Are the taste of the tropics auto delivery scents the same as the Tsv ones? Or have I got that wrong, it's just that when I click on the auto delivery option on the large candles I can't actually see what the other scents in the auto deliver are. Thanks

Well, I'm really excited about this TSV especially as it includes 2 US exclusive releases (exotic bloom and luau party) will definitely go for the auto delivery. I like trying new fragrances in votives or tea lights first because I wouldn't normally like to go for a large jar without sampling it first.

Thanks for the heads up SCW!

Are the taste of the tropics auto delivery scents the same as the Tsv ones? Or have I got that wrong, it's just that when I click on the auto delivery option on the large candles I can't actually see what the other scents in the auto deliver are. Thanks

normally the large jar set is the same as the tlight/sampler tsv but this time it looks like its different

I had a look in my local YC store but only Xmas stock on sale, so you were lucky to be able to try the newbies. I did pick up a reduced tall Santa t light holder. So today I just decided to go for broke and ordered the 3 large candles on AD and the under the palms/ocean star ( or whatever) duo.......... This was a bit naughty as my high street visit included L'Occitane but now I just can't wait for them to be delivered!!!!!!!

I totally agree with you regarding smelling the candles in the High Street first. I was so tempted last year with the votives/tea lights on auto delivery but when I actually came to smelling them in the shops I was relieved I didn't. In particular I felt the winter fragrances were very poor. The 'Christmas Memories' fragrance I bought to try as a melt and it smelt nothing like the description on QVC. It stank of curries and brought on a terrible sickly headache. Yes,I think it is a bog risk to buy without smelling first and for that reason will not be buying this TSV.

Aww, I loved Christmas Memories. Although it smelt nothing like Q said it would. To me it was just cinnamon with a bit of gingerbread thrown in.

Oh I remember that! Blimey that takes me back, wasn't it made by Faberge, and came in yellow container? Or am I getting it confused with something else?

Yes, that's the one, wish they would bring it back.
The new Kiku candle doesn't smell like that though, but it is nice. They had it in the Yankee shop in town today, it's quite a light floral, not heavy or sickly.

Every year I opt for the large jar version of the auto-delivery and every year I am glad I did. If there are any jars that I don't like (possibly two a year), they make excellent presents at a greatly reduced price.

I just took delivery of the new candles ordered at the weekend, so a nice quick service there. Of the triple set, I thought the hibiscus and kiku were nice robust florals. The champaca blossom is nice but quite weak. The duo is very nice indeed. Under the palms has a distinct vanilla tone and ocean star reminded me of one of my all time favourites, ocean water which I was gutted that they retired. So despite the rather rash outlay, they all seem nice to me. (Thank goodness!). This is just based on sniffing the jars, not burning though.

Last edited:
Ooh, great. I have been waiting for these pix since SCW did the fantastic mega post about the AD options. Shall now drool over these for a bit!

Glad to see there is only one citrus fruit included. Getting a bit sick of those.

Must tape today's show in case they go through the scents!!

Last edited:
Yes, I suspect you may be right. I shall just record and ff through the show if it is old stuff and a ghastly presenter! I certainly cannot be tempted to buy any more as my credit card is totally yankeed out at the moment.

Latest posts

Back