yankee success

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
bought this
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.760135.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

and theyre really nice. very classy wide tumblers. already burned the clean cotton (why does that go so dirty when you gte to the bottom?). burning the lemon lavender now, gorgeous!

sent a set to my pal in portugal for his birthday - postage £23. ouch!

hope Q bring more of these. i hate those jar candles. tumblers for me.

Crumbs..might have been cheaper to fly it out yourself BurlZ :smirk:

daydreamer

I havent tried the 3 wick tumblers but like the normal tumblers but QVC dont do many of them.

Didnt have any luck with the 2 wick ones, the wax turned a horrible colour so I sent them back

these are nice and you get a lovely wax pool comming from them. had one in bayberry a christmas fragrance delightfull. but they burn a lot quicker than the larger jars as they are more shallow!

I might give those a try as I like them all. Am currently loving baby powder though which until I had one as a gift I didn't fancy at all.

Although they're ****** expensive I would recommend the Espa candles. They only do two as far as I know and unlike Yankee if I leave the doors open the Espa candle will fragrance the whole house. They both smell very aromatic and one is slightly spicy.

oooh they look nice, I tend not to buy Yankee as I really don't like the jars, they look too "home spun" for my taste. I love the fragrances tho so tend to use the tea lights and burn them in holders that go with my decor. These look much more streamlined, am tempted.

I've had these and loved them, as they burned right to the edge and had a good strong fragrance due to the size of the wax pool.

Have made a recent discovery though - TU candles from Sainsbury's.

They also sell (amongst other variants) these large glass three wick candles. I was a bit reticent as supermarket candles are usually not great, but these are brilliant. Very very strongly fragranced, clean even burn. They are around £8 but are often on offer (got another one for £4.50 last week).

Very highly recommended and has made me reconsider my "Yankees are the only ones worth buying" stance!

After wandering through many Wyvale shelves sniffing away at a few Yankee jars (some of which made me feel physically sick) I would never ever buy from qvc without knowing the smell, because just to try (p&p delivery) is the equivalent of the cost of 3 small tarts in the stores, just to end up returning something that may smell absolutely vile, and I would say personally a good 60% of Yankee stinks, in the jar and on the burn

Latest posts

Back