Yankee candle winter collection AD

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

athena69

Registered Shopper
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has rec'd their order yet?

The autumn one was late so we got a free gift of 4 sampler candles - very nice too.

I cancelled my AD but would love to know what the winter fragrances smell like as I might buy the set when it comes up in general.

thank you.

They havent taken the money yet so I guess it will be another week or two before we get them. Apparently they will be...

winter
mistletoe and fig
silent night
white christmas

Rich

just rec'd a sampler candle of mistletoe & fig, it's bl**dy awful....don't think i want a large jar of this burning, but winter wonderland is gorgeous - fresh and clean, pine forest with a hint of mint!

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has rec'd their order yet?

The autumn one was late so we got a free gift of 4 sampler candles - very nice too.

I cancelled my AD but would love to know what the winter fragrances smell like as I might buy the set when it comes up in general.

thank you.

Oh...that's interesting!

I hadn't ordered any AD items at all, but last week what I assume was the Autumn collection when it was shown on screen as a one off (caramel, orange, apple pie). They arrived yesterday and I was surprised to find four sampler candles in the bottom of the box! Couldn't work out why.

I assume the box I received had originally been destined for someone who had ordered them as an AD. Oh well... not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!:angel::wait:

I have been considering cancelling my winter AD, and since smelling the Mistletoe and Fig, I would agree that I don't need a large jar of this either.
The winter wonderland is quite nice but I'm not much into minty fragrances.
Does anyone know what North pole is like, isn't this meant to be the exclusive frangrance?

I have been considering cancelling my winter AD, and since smelling the Mistletoe and Fig, I would agree that I don't need a large jar of this either.
The winter wonderland is quite nice but I'm not much into minty fragrances.
Does anyone know what North pole is like, isn't this meant to be the exclusive frangrance?

i believe that north pole is the exclusive fragrance, and is supposed to smell fresh and slightly minty....

pine and mint sound really nice. funny i would have though mistletoe and fig would be lovely oh well!

I never bought this AD when it was a TSV at the begining of the year.I didn't like the first 3 on offer and was desperately trying to save money/not to spend at the time.

I did regret it - particularly the reviews seem quite favourable.I saw it again slightly later on in the year - and ordered it on AD.

The first 3 were the summer ones.I quite liked them and got through them quite quickly.

I'm now burning my autumn ones and so far am really disappointed.This is the set I thought i'd like the most,followed by the xmas ones.

From the autumn collection the apple pie to me is very faint and the caramel is horrendous.I'm trying to burn them slowly and carefully and tonight is the first night,I've burnt the caramel and my hubby thought he had curry for dinner:down: it really is a horrendous smell and I'm quite cheeses off with this set.

I'm now also in two minds whether to carry on and recieve the last xmas set.I should have sent back the autumn set,but by the time i've got round to all the scents,my 30 days have passed.

I can honestly say I would never do another YC AD.When I think of what i've spent in candles.....well its disgusting really:rain: I used to buy my YC on an as and when basis and used to enjoy picking my next one - at least you get to smell them before you buy.I'm now stuck with an almost brand new caramel that i won't burn again and do i take the chance with the next set:thinking:

i believe that north pole is the exclusive fragrance, and is supposed to smell fresh and slightly minty....

Mmmh if it's half as good as Jack Frost I will be a happy bunny :up:

I'm hoping my AD of Winter Tarts turn up soon. Got a letter saying there was an issue with them and they could be cancelled but apparently they will now be late shipping. The whole experience with the AD of Yankee candles and tarts has been a bit of a disappointment. I liked what I received but could have done without the hassle of not knowing if I would get them or not. I'm not sure I would want to get anything on AD as a result.

I bought some of the small candles locally yesterday..one is Sparkling Snow, which I think is a nice light pleasant sort of fragrance - I'm not good at describing fragrances but generally speaking I don't go for musky or spicy so you can draw your own conclusions. Also Mandarin Cranberry..and I got some of the plug in refills in this too, plus Clean Cotton car fragrances. Anyone tried their diffuser things? The sticks in a bottle? I love these and tbh I think they fragrance the house more effectively - I've got a Lemon Lavender in the hall and I can smell that as soon as I enter the house, but the candles you just don't notice after a while do you?

Oh...that's interesting!

I hadn't ordered any AD items at all, but last week what I assume was the Autumn collection when it was shown on screen as a one off (caramel, orange, apple pie). They arrived yesterday and I was surprised to find four sampler candles in the bottom of the box! Couldn't work out why.

I assume the box I received had originally been destined for someone who had ordered them as an AD. Oh well... not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!:angel::wait:

You probably got my return!!! I had some votives included because it was late being sent out to me. The only one of the autumn collection I liked was the Orange - the others were just too strong for me. Luckily with the extra votives the weight was just over the limit for sending back by post (would have cost a fortune) so they were collected by courier. I cancelled my winter auto delivery too and from the other posts I've read I'm quite glad I did!

You probably got my return!!! I had some votives included because it was late being sent out to me. The only one of the autumn collection I liked was the Orange - the others were just too strong for me. Luckily with the extra votives the weight was just over the limit for sending back by post (would have cost a fortune) so they were collected by courier. I cancelled my winter auto delivery too and from the other posts I've read I'm quite glad I did!

Ha ha - maybe! Though it didn't look like a return, as the box hadn't been previously opened. I'm guessing they made a few sets up like this for AD people and they've now got mixed in with the regular stock.

I'm in two minds about the set really, but as it was on easy pay (which is a daft reason really) and as it'll be too heavy/pricey to send back, I'm going to stick with it. Haven't burned yet, but like the smell of the spiced orange. Apple pie seems to be exactly what it's supposed to be, so no probs there I think. However most of the website reviews say that the Creamy Caramel smells like curry!! :mysmilie_460:

Now I don't think it does in the jar - I think it smells like a sort of burnt sugar/cinder toffee type of smell, but only burning will tell I guess!:thinking:

LOL just goes to show how we all react differently- I like the caramel smell and it's never once made me think of curry. It seems to be nice burned along with the spiced orange. I have been saving apple pie, and lit it today but the fragrance isn't overwhealming atm. Although I do have the door open as I've been painting it!
I did cancel the last AD btw as I just couldn't justify the cost.

Just wondering when I'll recieve my next "instalment" and have phoned QVC and they say the dispatch date is 12th Nov.Not wishing to bring xmas forward too much - but was hoping to recieve them before then - I'm not giving them as gifts - I'd like a reasonable amount of time to burn them?!

Just wondering when I'll recieve my next "instalment" and have phoned QVC and they say the dispatch date is 12th Nov.Not wishing to bring xmas forward too much - but was hoping to recieve them before then - I'm not giving them as gifts - I'd like a reasonable amount of time to burn them?!

you'll probably get a freebie with it as it's on late delivery again!

Latest posts

Back