Yankee Candle TSV 31/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£36 for 50 t lights needless to say i wont be buying no matter how pretty the boxes are :mysmilie_514:

£36 for 50 t lights needless to say i wont be buying no matter how pretty the boxes are :mysmilie_514:

I absolutely agree with you Boffy! I have bought these for a number of years till l realised that l was forking out the equivalent of £1.00 per tealights! Absolutely bonkers. I felt rather annoyed with myself for spending that much even though l did really like them.

i am watching jilly and rosa. i love yankee candles but picking up a t light and inhaling deeply is doing my head in. the last box i burned half the wax was left in the bottom of the t light. oh well 3,500 have gone :taphead:

Ok. I wasn't going to buy any more till after Xmas!! I know this is expensive, but quite like the idea of lots of winter scents to try. Kinda love run up to Xmas too. Like the traditional scents, would be lovely as a non chocolate advent calendar. Don't really like the sweet ones so a bit undecided

I treated myself to a Christmas candle... it's from Heart & Home. It's not this season's fragrance, but I really like how subtle but realistic it smelled. The decorative lid is lovely and festive, I've bought it with a carousel - like the tealight ones, except this sits on the top if the candle I bought - it's got little angels which will revolve when the candle is lit . Soy wax, and Heart & Home is a British company too.
Oh I've discovered Heart and home tarts here in Spain as can't get Yankee here and am loving them.
I was burning candle cupcakes and when my builder came in he said to the guys I was baking cakes for them today. The other one I used was Eastern Promise. Loved them. I found the Strawberry one very shuttle but the other two are really strong . Just burning third at a time.

Take away the boxes and all you`re left with is about thirty bob`s worth of tealights which you`d have to collect about 6 days worth before you got either a decent smell or anything worth looking at. Can see it now " oh look I got a tea light wow ! " and a solitary tealight on its lonesome sitting on a mantlepiece or wherever and flickering its lonely tiny light. C`mon its nothing but daylight robbery and all for a box which will end up in the bin.

Take away the boxes and all you`re left with is about thirty bob`s worth of tealights which you`d have to collect about 6 days worth before you got either a decent smell or anything worth looking at. Can see it now " oh look I got a tea light wow ! " and a solitary tealight on its lonesome sitting on a mantlepiece or wherever and flickering its lonely tiny light. C`mon its nothing but daylight robbery and all for a box which will end up in the bin.

Couldn't agree more. The concept of the advent calendar sells it, not the actual contents. It's a real waste of money.
I feel the same about some of the beauty advent calendars, they seem a great idea, but in reality it's much better to spend the money on one or two full size items you know you like and use, rather than having 24 samples - of which not many will actually suit you or your skin type.

A friend of mine has a great idea. She bought a wooden advent calendar from somewhere and every year she and her hubby buy 12 small gifts apiece, she fills 12 of the drawers with small gifts for him and he fills 12 with small gifts for her and the Christmas day drawer holds a joint gift such as cinema tickets or a voucher for a meal out or a £20 note and a takeaway menu.
The gifts are total surprises and inexpensive. items such as a lipstick, bag of sweets, a pair of Christmas socks, a bar of fancy soap, hair ornament, a tie, a mini sodoku book, and so on and so on. She`s one of my fb friends and everyday she takes a pic of whichever drawer they open and each drawer is alternate, one for her, one for him etc. It`s good fun and they`ve put some silly jokey gifts in there too.

I think there are nicer ranges available and not on Q than Yankee. Besides, I don't understand why people would want to buy them on that network when they are so readily available on the High Street and garden centres, often cheaper than Q. Anyway, I won't be buying the TSV it's rubbish and too expensive for what it is - ridiculous they must think we're idiots.

I think there are nicer ranges available and not on Q than Yankee. Besides, I don't understand why people would want to buy them on that network when they are so readily available on the High Street and garden centres, often cheaper than Q. Anyway, I won't be buying the TSV it's rubbish and too expensive for what it is - ridiculous they must think we're idiots.

thousands have been sold i cant believe it and i am a yankee fan. ....at the moment

That realy made me smile Vienna, my hubby has all on buying me a Christmas present, I usually end up giving him a list, let alone thinking of twelve things to put in little drawers, lovey thought though.

Latest posts

Back