Yankee Candle TSV 28/07/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
The Yankee Candle Tsv on the 28th is a Yankee Candle Ultimate Car Kit according to the newsletter.

QVC_July_Newsletter_v05_13-11.jpg

Pretty disappointing Tsv IMO

Very disappointing indeed, not very inspiring, I went for the three Blast from the Past large jars and am not impressed with the Granny Smith one at all, the scent is so weak, I must have got a duff one as there is already a glowing review on Q about the same scent,I won't return them as the lily of the valley is lovely and I don't mind the pink carnation but Granny Smith was a big let down :mysmilie_10:

Oh how flipping dull! Couldn't they come up with something a bit more exciting? I won't be bothering with this.

not really dull if you dont use them, though its what i was expecting when they kept selling out of the other car kit they kept having on so im not surprised at all

least its something different

Uuugggghhhhhhhhhhhh

I do use the car air fresheners but booooyyyyyy there's no way I'd bulk buy them!

What is a car kit?
I have visions of drivers all over the country trimming their wicks and driving until the wax has pooled all over the top. You wouldn't want to have either the window open or the air con on as it would make the candle smoke.

Well it doesn't interest me as I no longer have a car, lol, but the kit they have had on air sells out each time very quickly so I guess it will be popular. (Likewise the plug-ins.)

Gosh that is really scraping the bottom of the TSV barrel.

I find anything like this in the small confines of a car very overpowering.

The previous Car kit may have sold out several times but the reviews on it have been very mixed , so not sure why it would warrant a TSV.

depending on fragrances and price i might be interested, my son is about to buy his first car (aged 24, i feel soo old) so it might make a nice thoughtful gift, and of course i could keep some of the more girly fragrances myself :mysmilie_50:

I've just bought a pack of 3 Yankee car fresheners from Amazon for under a fiver. (Just the cardboard ones though, not the gel ones).
'Midsummers Night', 'Evening Air' & 'Leather'.

Really nice. The first two were exactly like the candles.
Wasn't too keen on 'Leather' but everyone who got in my car raved about it.
Each one lasted between 4-6 weeks, so good value for money IMO.

Anyway, I'll get to the point, they had loads of different sets for about the £5.00 range, so I'm definitely not going to be buying this TSV (I don't think).

The previous Car kit may have sold out several times but the reviews on it have been very mixed , so not sure why it would warrant a TSV.

Oh yes, I just looked it up. Of the 4x5 star reviews I also noted one has not actually tried them in the car. I did have a coconut bay one once which was rather nice in the car but as I drove so seldom it barely lasted a couple of trips. Also, the ScentBeads sell out every time but a lot of reviews on those are shocking, tons of 1 stars and complaints about bad tunnelling and lack of scent. So I guess the sell out is not necessarily a meaningful guide.

I like the Yankee car fresheners because they do actually smell like the candles, and there's none of that horrible artificial hit that you get from other brands of car fresheners, which in a confines space really makes me feel yuk! lol.
So it'll depend on the scents in the TSV, but I'll definitely be interested if it works out cheaper than buying from ebay. :flower:

I actually quite like the idea of this TSV - it's something different instead of the jars or samplers or tea lights again and again. I'm quite looking forward to it.

And I've noticed the one kit they do have on QVC for the car always sells out...
Even if the reviews aren't good, they obviously decided to test the waters with a collection and then decided on the TSV.

Last edited:
I ordered the americana set of 3 LJ as, even with £5.95 postage, they were cheaper than anywhere else, and I did quite fancy them. What an absolute let down; no scent whatsoever from Let Freedom Ring (?), and it pooled only about 1/2". Went straight back. I didn't burn the others when I knew I was returning them, but I have found with the Yankee large jars, they are not very strong smelling at all, same with the votives. I prefer the melts.

I ordered the americana set of 3 LJ as, even with £5.95 postage, they were cheaper than anywhere else, and I did quite fancy them. What an absolute let down; no scent whatsoever from Let Freedom Ring (?), and it pooled only about 1/2". Went straight back. I didn't burn the others when I knew I was returning them, but I have found with the Yankee large jars, they are not very strong smelling at all, same with the votives. I prefer the melts.
I liked the sound of let freedom ring but not the other 2 so I ordered from yankee direct and like you say, no smell what so ever and I've not burnt it yet

Latest posts

Back