Yankee Candle TSV 20/1/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ive never had an issue with the yankee smells or the sooting or tunnling or anythin from yankee though other candles mums tried have had those issues

Generally speaking I don't have problems with Yankee Candle large jars. There is the odd bit of tunneling sometimes, and occasionally sooting, but if I use the accessories and tools I'm usually ok (wick trimmer, illuma lid and sleeve).

It's Wax Lyrical large jars I have problems with. I bought two at Center Parcs a year or so ago, they were shocking so I complained to Wax Lyrical direct and they sent me replacements which also tunneled a lot. I definitely won't be wasting my money on these again.

Generally speaking I don't have problems with Yankee Candle large jars. There is the odd bit of tunneling sometimes, and occasionally sooting, but if I use the accessories and tools I'm usually ok (wick trimmer, illuma lid and sleeve).

It's Wax Lyrical large jars I have problems with. I bought two at Center Parcs a year or so ago, they were shocking so I complained to Wax Lyrical direct and they sent me replacements which also tunneled a lot. I definitely won't be wasting my money on these again.

yeah you name the brand & my mum would have trouble with it

yeah you name the brand & my mum would have trouble with it

Can you keep up with the AD if you send back the first drop? I though sending it back effectively ended the entire order?
I assumed you could carry on getting the later deliveries but I've tweeted them to check. If it cancels the subsequent drops I will try to find them in a shop then order elsewhere if I like them. I've seen some websites selling large jars at £15 so that's still a decent deal.

i think you would have to cancel the auto delivery rather than the actual shipment. you should still have qvc's mbg for each drop

Can you keep up with the AD if you send back the first drop? I though sending it back effectively ended the entire order?

I phoned to check and was told that returning this drop didn't cancel the other drops so that's ok.

i must have ordered the tsv on auto delivery in my sleep. as it suddenly appeared in my hall. burning the argon oil..it really smells quite oily.

Using a Shea Butter wax Tart atm It fills the room with fragrance but im not overly impressed with it tbh, it has a very perfumed smell to me , much prefer the Aloe water.

My TSV arrived today, on initial smell, I think the Oud Oasis and the Frankincense are better than the Moroccan Argon Oil but of course the proof is in the burning and I currently have the Xmas Hot Buttered Rum on the go (which I like a lot!).

the oud is lush. its my fav so far. but the argon oil does smell nice, quite a good throw in a soft buttery kind of way. not bad so far

I have just had an email from Kringle (Europe) to say they are closing on 29th January and have 50% off. Kringle USA are not affected.
I will miss them because I think they are far superior to Yankee now.

I have just had an email from Kringle (Europe) to say they are closing on 29th January and have 50% off. Kringle USA are not affected.

That's a shame - I never heard of Kringle but I don't like to hear of any companies closing down! I just found their website and it's terribly slow - in fact, it keeps timing out while loading pages. Is that always the case or is it maybe busy for the sale? Anyway, if I can get a page to load, what do you recommend I try? I know fragrances are subjective so you maybe can't recommend that, but which styles have you tried? And why do you think they are superior?

That's a shame - I never heard of Kringle but I don't like to hear of any companies closing down! I just found their website and it's terribly slow - in fact, it keeps timing out while loading pages. Is that always the case or is it maybe busy for the sale? Anyway, if I can get a page to load, what do you recommend I try? I know fragrances are subjective so you maybe can't recommend that, but which styles have you tried? And why do you think they are superior?

I think any fragrances last better than yankee and don't smoke either, I mainly have their equivalent of melts which are breakable melts,.
The web site is not usually slow, maybe all the traffic getting 50% off, good luck, think you would like them, shame they are closing the Europe section.

I think any fragrances last better than yankee and don't smoke either, I mainly have their equivalent of melts which are breakable melts,.
The web site is not usually slow, maybe all the traffic getting 50% off, good luck, think you would like them, shame they are closing the Europe section.

Thanks. I'm persevering with the site but it's driving me mad with the timing out! It must be because of the sale. I tried to add something to my basket, it timed out and when I went back to try again, the item was out of stock so it looks like you have to be quick.

Interesting! I used to use them when they were Yankee Doodle, fantastic sales prices and old accessories at bargain prices, not to mention excellent CS. Then they fell out with YC, I suspect because of the bargain pricing, and sold the biz and went over to Kringle. Now they seem to have fallen out with Kringle!!!! Hope they develop another successful biz.

i do think that yankee struggle in the uk. if it were not for the us market i dont think yankee would survive. liking the tsv and burning them until they are liquid which takes longer than the three hours. the tsv only sold 5,000 units. and i imagine qvc sell the most candles

I have placed 2 orders this week...all for their ~Gentleman's Line~ , will really miss these as they are not sweet or artificial, but more spicy and clean like aftershave, can highly recommend them. Back to Yankee..sigh*

daydreamer

A message from Kringle USA

Hello everyone Mick Kittredge here (President of Kringle Candle) we are currently setting up distribution channels throughout Europe to provide the best possible service to our European customers.

We value our retailers and customers and want to continue to provide service through this transition period.

To our wholesale customers. We want to assure you that we are not going anywhere. I am traveling Europe as we speak to set up new channels of distribution. Germany and Poland have already been set up and I am now in Paris soon to be in the UK.

Any existing retailers looking to place an order for wholesale product can do so by contacting us directly at
[email protected]
[email protected]

We will keep you all posted as new channels are opened across Europe, including a new distributor, and online store for the UK

I thank you all for supporting Kringle.

Mick Kittredge
President
Kringle Candle Company

Latest posts

Back