Yankee Candle TSV 17/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the states you can return the Yankee candles and swap them for another fragrance if your not happy with them , So makes you wonder if the fragrances are getting weaker why they still have this policy, because surely the returns must be huge on certain fragrances or are the UK getting the less scented candles as we cant return them to the stores?

i must be one of a few i know of who dont find them no different than they used to be, the throw i get & all that are excatly the same as they always have been

mum also said she wouldnt consider buying any other make as village when she burnt it made her feel even worse & that was only a small melt of it

but this is what they say there is one for everyone out there so its each to their own

Well put, I won't be buying the tsv and will only be buying a few melts from now on and if they are weak I shall stop buying the brand altogether, every large jar candle I have purchased this year has had a really poor and weak throw,bought the bazaar ones (although I said I wouldn't ) and also the country heather,wild pansies etc set, I can barely smell them and yet I get a much better scent from a melt in an electric or normal burner, I used a shade and trim the wick on the large jars so not sure what I am doing wrong, I can only deduce that the scents are poor to start with, it is a shame as I used to be a big Yankee fan but have gone right off them lately, I feel tempted to ring on tsv day and ask why they are so weak

What a great idea! Ring them and see what Rosa or Steven say about the current quality of the candles they represent! My friend has said exactly the same as me regarding the weak throw. I will probably stick to melts in future but to be honest l feel like trying another brand altogether. Why should l line Yankees pockets when they are obviously cutting corners and producing inferior products?

I don't think this TSV is good value, does anyone else? I work it out by looking at what I would pay for the items online and in sales, etc. I wouldn't usually pay more than about £1 for a votive and £5 for a box of tealights so £22 for those means £13 for 2 holders I don't need and a bag I'd only use for out-of-the-way storage (if postage is £4.95). It would make a nice gift though.

Do we know how much votives are going, or have gone, up to with the recent increases?

2nd drop

2 Holders
1 x 12 Aloe Water Tea Lights
1 x 12 Cassis Tea Lights
2 x Aloe Water Votives
2 x Cassis Votives
2 x shea butter votives
2 x verbena votives
2 x vanilla votives
2 x white tea votives

& a Green Stripey Bag

3rd drop

2 Holders
1 x 12 Season of Peace Tea Lights
1 x 12 Candy Cane Lane Tea Lights
1 x Winter Glow Votive
1 x Sparkling Snow Votive
1 x cranberry ice votive
1 x Red apple wreath votive
1 x cozy by the fire votive
1 x Sparkling cinnamon votive
1 x bundled up votive
1 x cranberry twist votive
1 x gingerbread maple
1 x berry trifle
1 x snow in love
1 x sugared apple

& a Red Stripey Bag

I don't think this TSV is good value, does anyone else? I work it out by looking at what I would pay for the items online and in sales, etc. I wouldn't usually pay more than about £1 for a votive and £5 for a box of tealights so £22 for those means £13 for 2 holders I don't need and a bag I'd only use for out-of-the-way storage (if postage is £4.95). It would make a nice gift though.

Do we know how much votives are going, or have gone, up to with the recent increases?
I have just looked on the YC site and votives are showing at £1.80 and tea-lights at £6.99. So the wax cost is £35.58. Other sites would be cheaper but if these are new scents I bet the tealights are going to be over £6.

I just want the Out of Africa large jars please!!!! Then I shall buy matching tarts and lights from a discounted site, and if they only do three of the four jars, I shall have to get the fourth as well. They sound fab!

On the subject of strength of throw, I am currently burning champaca blossom which is pretty good and lovely kiku which has gone on my very weak list, lol.

Auto delivery? Great! Good job I cancelled the other auto deliveries I had set up, lol!

Are there any photos of the green & red striped bags please? And also, can anyone confirm if the holders you get with the other drops are the same bucket ones? Thanks.

I wouldn't mind the last drop but not bothered about the others. As l have said before though l am sticking to melts only now!

Yep votives have gone up, £1.80 now!!!

Not exactly great value then is it? I was thinking of going for this, but not sure now. Not bothered about bag & have tons of holders. I wouldn't have chosen those tea-lights either. Only interested in the votives really.

I think it's gorgeous!
I'm defiantly having this and on auto drop too, the winter set is really lovely

Latest posts

Back